Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Teenage Euthanasia - New animated PFFR show starring Maria Bamford

Started by Petey Pate, September 29, 2021, 04:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Not seen a thread for this yet (and I've not watched it yet) despite its run starting earlier this month, but it deserves one due to the involvement of two CaB favourites.

It's co-created by PFFR's Alyson Levy and novelist Alissa Nutting, and animated by Augenblick Studios (who worked on Wonder Showzen and Super Jail, among other shows), Maria Bamford voices one of the main characters.

Quote"Set in near-future inland Florida, Teenage Euthanasia centres around the owners of Tender Endings funeral home, the Fantasy Family: Grandma Baba, her adult children Uncle Pete and Trophy, and Trophy's teenage daughter, Euthanasia ("Annie"), a name accidentally given to her during the time of Trophy's own unbearable suffering. Back when Trophy was a teen herself, she ran away from home after giving birth to Annie, leaving her newborn to be raised by Baba and Uncle Pete.

"Now, 15 years later, Trophy returns to Tender Endings...as a corpse, for burial. When a bolt of lightning strikes Baba's homemade embalming fluid and one of Annie's tears, Trophy comes back from the dead. As a resurrected woman, Trophy has a variety of quasi-useful death powers. But more importantly, she has a second chance at unplanned parenthood."

Trailer here.

Mister Six

Glad Bamford's mortgage is getting paid, but the convoluted blurb and fairly bland trailer aren't convincing me. Hopefully it's a lot better than it looks right now, and I suppose PFFR is usually a sign of quality.

Small Man Big Horse

I liked the first episode a fair bit, it's a shame the animation style is quite so ugly and it took a while to settle in, but won me over in the second half and I'm definitely planning to watch more of it.