Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Russian mascot ... for the environment

Started by Flatulent Fox, September 29, 2021, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Flatulent Fox

Stoneage Dinosaurs

QDRPHNC

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

dissolute ocelot

Why have I never heard of a desman? A blind mole that can swim but not dig tunnels. Did Kenneth Grahame know about this?

touchingcloth

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 29, 2021, 11:27:14 PM
Why have I never heard of a desman? A blind mole that can swim but not dig tunnels. Did Kenneth Grahame know about this?

Can it cut hair?

rack and peanut

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 29, 2021, 11:27:14 PM

Russian mascot is deso, man.

buttgammon

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on September 29, 2021, 09:14:16 PM
Hold your horses - there's more from Russia:

Reminiscent of Bernd das Brot, who had a late night TV series the last time I was in Germany.

Kankurette

Quote from: buttgammon on September 30, 2021, 09:31:01 AM
Reminiscent of Bernd das Brot, who had a late night TV series the last time I was in Germany.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Bernd das Brot. It's like the Russians saw him and went, "Hold my beer."

Icehaven

Honey cake? I thought it was a crinkle cut chip.

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on September 29, 2021, 08:57:28 PM

That second one reminds me that the French version of 'touching cloth' is 'J'ai une taupe au guichet', or 'I've got a mole at the counter'.  So if anyone's seeking images for a pictorial dictionary of French euphemisms, it's your lucky day.

Tikwid

Quote from: buttgammon on September 30, 2021, 09:31:01 AM