Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,312
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:06:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Buelligan on October 08, 2021, 11:58:50 AM
I don't know if it's disingenuous, it's YouGov polling.

The polling is probably accurate, as far as polling goes. But the LeftieStats headline ("Labour voters still love Corbyn more than other Labour leader") is disingenuous.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on October 07, 2021, 11:33:57 PM
That but laundering the smart/stupid distinction into some other cultural division like pragmatist/idealist or traditional/cosmopolitan. Which Starmer is always trying and failing to do. Unlike Blair and Obama he's unable to disguise the fact he's deliberately condescending.

I've thought for some years that we have a serious problem in this country with setting too much store by things being counterintuitive. People end up believing some absolute horseshit on the basis that the truth is the opposite of what you thought (Aaaaaah!).

The Labour so-called 'centrists' have fallen deep down that rabbit hole, which I think explains their unwavering belief in the beige knight's boringness as a political strategy and their sneering confidence that they understand politics on a deeper level than you. Within that framework, Corbyn just doesn't compute. His schtick of just saying what he thinks is too simple. You have to play the game so your audience can pat themselves on the back for their own political savvy.

king_tubby

Buelligan

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on October 08, 2021, 12:43:26 PM
The polling is probably accurate, as far as polling goes. But the LeftieStats headline ("Labour voters still love Corbyn more than other Labour leader") is disingenuous.

Oh, why's that then?

Old Thrashbarg

Does it really need saying? The word 'love' for a start.

But mainly I don't think that saying only 51% of people who voted for Corbyn two years ago still think of him positively is a good thing. These are people who largely (presumably) didn't want to 'get Brexit done', people who were on board with the manifesto, people who weren't swayed by the bullshit antisemitism smears of Corbyn, etc. And 49% of these people now don't think positively of Corbyn? That's horrendous! What do they think now and why? Frankly, the number is so low that I think the poll results as displayed here must be wrong. Or there are a huge amount of people lying in their responses.

These aren't numbers that should be being highlighted positively for the left.

Now, if they were using the numbers to show how unpopular Starmer, Blair, etc. are then fair enough. But don't do that with a headline that suggests something else.

Old Thrashbarg

Maybe I'm underestimating how maybe people voted for Labour despite Corbyn, rather than because of him/the manifesto.

Buelligan

FWIW, I think you're upsetting yourself needlessly.  Don't take it to heart.

We all know most people think Blair is a lying money-grubbing war criminal and Starmer's a despicable disingenuous cunt, putting a precise figure on it isn't worth getting too emotional about.

suelgi

"I do not recall any speech to a party conference that made a strategic leap as large as that made by Starmer."

Man who wrote Starmer's speech, reviews Starmer's speech.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/labour/2021/10/keir-starmer-has-sidelined-his-partys-left-but-does-labour-really-want-to-win

Shoulders?-Stomach!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: king_tubby on October 08, 2021, 02:57:14 PM
Special K.

The K is for Kier.

For context...

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: suelgi on October 08, 2021, 09:05:01 PM
"I do not recall any speech to a party conference that made a strategic leap as large as that made by Starmer."

Man who wrote Starmer's speech, reviews Starmer's speech.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/labour/2021/10/keir-starmer-has-sidelined-his-partys-left-but-does-labour-really-want-to-win

QuoteGalvanised by the presence of hecklers and critics in the hall, the majority of the spectators began to clap linking lines and cheer routine observations. Almost a third of the length of the speech was applause, which is far too much.

lol #NotACult

Collins is fond of the 'it's counterintuitive so it must be true' thinking I mentioned in my previous post.

https://youtu.be/EI3PbZL77_Q?t=161

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Remember IDS' Quiet Man speech getting 18 stading ovations. HEAD GONE.

king_tubby

Labour Friends of Dismembering Journalists

https://twitter.com/NewcastleLabour/status/1446152482946797574

Has Special K said anything about this yet? He was quick to comment on that fucking alpaca.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

Saudi Paul lost Hartlepool
But we'll try him in another location

Buelligan

These people, some of whom are the same people that fucked Labour, are about as vile as it gets.  How do they live with themselves?

Buelligan

Just thought I'd leave this here -

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I see Aaron Bastani apparently 'DESTROYED' Keir Starmer on NovaraMedia.

Do we know whether he is destroyed and how many pieces he is in if so?

Also can I just say I yes ME came up with the line about Keith being a snake months ago. No credit.

No credit.

Pink Gregory

I don't get the impression that he shatters, rather that he warps beyond repair.

Buelligan

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no clue at all what you are referring to.  Are you high?

king_tubby

Special K: writes article in The Sun, pisses everyone off.

The Sun:

Leo2112

"Sources close to Sir Keir insisted later that he was not referred to as Special K and had been caught off-guard by the question."

Wut

king_tubby

PlanktonSideburns

Love it when this guy is caught off guard

Imagine what he would say if you threw a surprise party for him

HAPPY BIRTHDA -

I lost this eye in Vietnam and had it replaced with a bionic one that can see in the dark

- AY KEITH; sorry what did you just say

NOTHING, I was caught off guard that's all

Johnny Yesno

It seems Bastani is correct about Kieth being a compulsive liar.