Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shaving

Started by eagle_bearer, October 01, 2021, 01:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I use cheapo Boots version of Mach 3 with King of Shaves gel. I should really look at more eco stuff but not sure where to start really, especially what with sharing bathroom space with a toddler. I used to have a beard and would like to grow one again but it'd probably be grey now and I can't fucking stand the itching which starts when I haven't shaved for a week.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: flotemysost on October 02, 2021, 12:25:08 AM
Bought one of these a couple of years ago, never looked back

This was also part of Bruce Lee's personal grooming regimen.

bgmnts

Just bought a new leccy shaver for 7 quid and it trimmed down well so I decided to see how it would do on my hair, on a whim, and it lopped a few clumps off my mop but I shat myself and have no courage to see what happened or to see it through to the inevitable full skinhead.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I can't be arsed shaving my legs since I usually wear pants wherever I go. I have that other Irish colouration of pale skin and dark hair so my bare shins look like a man's, honestly. I shave my pits when I'm going to be wearing a sleeveless/very short sleeved top, which I know is irrational and not feminist but the hair makes me self-conscious. I used to use hair remover on my pits and chin until suddenly out of nowhere it gave me a chemical burn. Lady razor it was from then on.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 06, 2021, 09:47:40 PM
I can't be arsed shaving my legs
I can't be legged sharing my arse.

monkfromhavana

I don't think I've ever managed a single shave without some pimples of blood in the throat area.

Fr.Bigley

Have you tried Immac all over yer body/arsehole?

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 05, 2021, 10:29:17 AM
I use cheapo Boots version of Mach 3 with King of Shaves gel. I should really look at more eco stuff but not sure where to start really, especially what with sharing bathroom space with a toddler. I used to have a beard and would like to grow one again but it'd probably be grey now and I can't fucking stand the itching which starts when I haven't shaved for a week.

In terms of getting started:

A razor like this

Blades vary in 'aggressiveness' and you find your own preference by trying some, but something like this. I keep mine in a cabinet away from the kids.

You can get vegan brushes. Badger hair ones are made from farmed badgers :(

You need soap and ideally a small bowl for whisking it into a lather. You can buy refills of soap so don't need to buy plastic tubs of it.

Shaving cream makes for a smoother shave when combined with the soap, but tends to come in plastic tubs or tubes which isn't great.

That would get you started. You'd also need to watch a Youtube video on how to shave cos it's different to using a disposable. 

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 07, 2021, 09:44:01 AM
Have you tried Immac all over yer body/arsehole?
Well I can't deny it's a sharp design, but not the right kind of sharp for that purpose.