Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Coolest" bands to appear in most naff movies?

Started by dead-ced-dead, October 01, 2021, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ship

Quote from: sutin on October 04, 2021, 09:21:17 PM
That's Jarvis solo, Pulp split up a few years earlier.

It was Jarvis and Steve. He other members were Phil and Johnny from Radiohead, Jason Buckle from "All seeing I" and Steve Claydon from Add N to (X).

Jarvis has had solo cameos in a couple of Wes Anderson films : Fantastic Mr. Fox and the upcoming French Dispatch.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Povidone on October 05, 2021, 12:33:48 PM
Of course there's Strummer's relatively substantial role in Alex Cox's Straight to Hell. Not exactly naff but not a great film either.

He also has a role in one of the segments of Mystery Train, which I haven't seen in a long time, but seem to recall him being an arsehole and
Spoiler alert
accidentally shooting Steve Buscemi.
[close]

The Clash have a very brief cameo in The King Of Comedy too.

Quote from: phantom_power on October 04, 2021, 07:48:58 PM
Ian Brown is in one as well but he is not in the slightest bit cool

Lol, thanks for the reminder of him stirring his tea with magic like a cunt.

Dex Sawash

peanutbutter

In the Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas starring film Tough Guys you get to see Hillel Slovak-era RHCP play as themselves to be the cool modern sounding band that Kirk Douglas dances to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRsj3YjwGg0

Never listened to anything pre-John Frusciante but if it all sounds like what's in that clip they must've been terrrrrrrible.