Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Salt Bae

Started by Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle, October 02, 2021, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some chancer opens restaurants charging 700 quid for a steak and people are seemingly lapping it up.  I'm surprised no one thought of this before tbh.  Shit for cunts.

I do wonder if this might embolden other "high end" celebrity chefs to bump prices up?

imitationleather

I read something about how lots of celeb chefs are opening steak places because the profit margins are so much bigger than other cuisines.

Salt Bae strikes me as shit for reality TV stars and crypto cunts.

Cuntbeaks

You can't blame cunts for fleecing other cunts, it's a cunt circlejerk. However, this cunt in particular looks like the ultimate Cunt's Cunt. Those ridiculous shades, the self aggrandising aura and of course the pathetic salt mincing.

seepage

There was a Salt Bae thread a while back. I understood the steak & burgers thing is because there aren't enough chefs trained to cook more complex dishes. I'd like the better places to up the price of the food instead of subsidising with 6x wine mark-ups.

Ah apologies missed the other thread.  Feel free to lock this Baz.

peanutbutter

Why is everyone talking about him again this week?

imitationleather

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 02, 2021, 11:36:53 AM
Why is everyone talking about him again this week?

Restaurant just opened in London.

TrenterPercenter

I whatsapped someone a stylised image thing of him doing that thing he does with the salt but it spelling Merry Xmas about 6 months ago not knowing who he was (I just thought it was a camp Santa).  Feeling very embarrassed about it  since learning on here who he is.

PlanktonSideburns

How much do you recon he pays his staff?

Bennett Brauer

Walkers Salt Bae 'n' Shake £9.99 a bag.

PlanktonSideburns

Salt bag has little plastic elbow on one end

PlanktonSideburns

Wait that's actually a good idea

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Fun fact: His name literally means "salt baby"

badaids

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on October 02, 2021, 11:56:01 AM

Which he isn't even. He's clearly not a baby, and his body consists of no more than 0.4% salt. 

Butchers Blind

I hope it turns out he's been buying his steaks from Lidl.

shiftwork2

Bet this cunt doesn't know about chipsteaks.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

How can a steak cost seventeen hundred notes. Was the cow the last of its kind and fed exclusively on grass watered by God's wee? If you have 1700 €$£ to spend on one steak then you have too much money.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: imitationleather on October 02, 2021, 11:07:48 AM
Salt Bae strikes me as shit for reality TV stars and crypto cunts.

Think his restaurants are generally regarded as a bit shit whatever he's charging, aren't they? You[nb]Joey Essex[/nb] are paying for the "experience" and whatever status boost you get from being able to say you've eaten there.

imitationleather

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 02, 2021, 12:33:42 PM
Think his restaurants are generally regarded as a bit shit whatever he's charging, aren't they? You[nb]Joey Essex[/nb] are paying for the "experience" and whatever status boost you get from being able to say you've eaten there.

I just don't inhabit a world where eating a steak that looks like the golden goose laid it after a night on the ciders is impressive or classy.

mothman

Quote from: badaids on October 02, 2021, 12:05:28 PM
Which he isn't even. He's clearly not a baby, and his body consists of no more than 0.4% salt. 

I have a solution.

hamfist

another example of creeping Dubai-ification

Kankurette

There's paying for food cooked by a big name chef, and there's paying for some turd to scatter salt off his minging elbow.

Mister Six

I sort of wish I was a big enough cunt to pull this kind of thing off, but I'd just feel guilty for charging that kind of money for a bit of cow, even if the people paying the cash were also cunts (which, by default, they are). What's it like to be such a total grifting piece of shit? Must be brilliant to have no dignity, morals or conscience

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on October 02, 2021, 11:56:01 AM

i thought it was short for 'ssault baby, because he proudly doesn't deny the allegations

Bad Ambassador

Sprinkle Ponce.

Although I did see someone doing the thing putting cement into a cement mixer, which was mildly amusing.

Goldentony

imagine the gaff burned down though, what would happen there

touchingcloth

I heard when he fucks he bounces salt off his knob like a ponce.

Consignia

Fun fact: Salt Bae is a fully owned subsidiary of BAE Systems. He also is a weapons seller were he sprinkles anthrax on the enemies of the highest bidder.

Pink Gregory

Wonder what people would think if he did his salt off the arm shtick and then just pulled out a .45 and shot himself in the mouth