Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Babylon Berlin.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 02, 2021, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Anyone else seen this? I've just started watching it. It's a noir set in the late years of the Weimar Republic, starting in 1929. The main characters are a police officer in the Vice Squad, a bit of a fish out of water as he's from Cologne and a young woman who is a typist for the police by day and a flapper by night, she also wants to become an inspector but there aren't really any in the police in those days.

It's pretty good, some spectacular period sets in Berlin.

rjd2

I loved the first two seasons but the film production stuff just seemed like filler last time.

Still though very stylish and the two leads are great, the chap especially has haunting eyes.

Sebastian Cobb

Svetlana is great as well come to think of it.

Quite a few familiar faces from Dark as well.

Dex Sawash

I liked it too. Season 4 just finished filming, apparently.

Inspector Norse

Watched the first series recently, we enjoyed it. Nothing amazing as yet but solid bedtime entertainment: the acting is just the right side of hammy, the production design is good, and it touches on some serious historical issues without taking itself too seriously.

Had the song stuck in my head for ages afterwards too, apparently the creators wrote it themselves in which case well done them.