Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Hi guys"

Started by Chedney Honks, October 03, 2021, 08:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

pancreas

Just remind people what time of day.

Morning
Afternoon
Evening

Then add either

M'lady
or
Sirrah.

Sorted.

madhair60

Quote from: pancreas on October 03, 2021, 05:28:21 PM
Just remind people what time of day.

Morning
Afternoon
Evening

Then add either

M'lady
or
Sirrah.

Sorted.

FUCK TIME

BITCH.

Jerzy Bondov

Son came home in a huff because his teacher has been calling him 'honey' and 'flower'. IM NOT A HONEY he says. My wife's a teacher and she says she calls her students 'chaps' even though she works in a girls school. Fucks sake our future is in the hands of these wasters.

I worked in an office where we ironically started saying 'greetings' as a hello, which obviously then became habitual and not ironic. Now I work somewhere else but can't walk into the office without saying GREETINGS

touchingcloth

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 03, 2021, 05:54:46 PM
I worked in an office where we ironically started saying 'greetings' as a hello, which obviously then became habitual and not ironic. Now I work somewhere else but can't walk into the office without saying GREETINGS

For some reason the kids in my office don't say "thank you" but "thanking you". I don't know if it's ironic or what, but I'm sure as shit going to murder them soon.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 03, 2021, 06:02:57 PM
For some reason the kids in my office don't say "thank you" but "thanking you". I don't know if it's ironic or what, but I'm sure as shit going to murder them soon.

Oh god just remembered I went through a phase of this. I am so, so sorry.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 03, 2021, 06:03:38 PM
Oh god just remembered I went through a phase of this. I am so, so sorry.

You've stopped it now, though, and that's what counts. Thanking you.

Chedney Honks

Right, that's a flight of tasting Sliders, a loaded half shell and a fluid quart o' Guac.

Would you like that all together or just as it comes?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"Can I just ask if there are any allergies?"

Unbearable.

Goldentony

ABSLUTELY NO PROBLEM GUYS YEP [claps once]

Mr Banlon

Quote from: pigamus on October 03, 2021, 03:10:26 PM
Weirdly though, I do quite like it in kebab shops when they call me "boss".
"Yes Boss." Is the standard greeting from non-chain shop and takeaway staff round these parts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"If I can just ask you to pop your card in there"

Scum.

Chedney Honks

"Thanks very much, enjoy the rest of your day."

Where will it end

Glebe

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 03, 2021, 06:39:31 PM"If I can just ask you to pop your card in there"

"What if I refuse?"

"Then I hope you don't enjoy the rest of 'your' day."

Goldentony

good choice, good chooooooooice

Cold Meat Platter

Ferris

Are you getting "hi! I'm Jake and I'll be your server today! Any questions about the menu?" yet? Because that's every fucking meal over here.

It'll come for you lot if it's not there already.

Glebe

"Hi guys, I will be invading your space and patronising you for the rest of the afternoon while Coldplay plays on the speakers, enjoy your meal!"

canadagoose

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 03, 2021, 07:24:22 PM
Are you getting "hi! I'm Jake and I'll be your server today! Any questions about the menu?" yet? Because that's every fucking meal over here.

It'll come for you lot if it's not there already.
At chain restaurants that's pretty much par for the course. Same with anywhere vaguely trendy around here.

Ferris

My secret to success - go to a restaurant where you are manifestly unwelcome and the staff are surly.

They're there to get paid money, not because they have an abiding passion for customer service, you're there because you're lazy and want to eat their slop, not because you're on a gastronomic quest.

It's a lot more honest, believe me.

canadagoose

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 03, 2021, 07:31:25 PM
My secret to success - go to a restaurant where you are manifestly unwelcome and the staff are surly.

They're there to get paid money, not because they have an abiding passion for customer service, you're there because you're lazy and want to eat their slop, not because you're on a gastronomic quest.

It's a lot more honest, believe me.
Ach, I reckon I'd hate that. I hate feeling like I'm imposing and I reckon that would just make me want to eat everything quickly and end up with indigestion.

Ferris

Quote from: canadagoose on October 03, 2021, 07:30:39 PM
At chain restaurants that's pretty much par for the course. Same with anywhere vaguely trendy around here.

Yeah fair enough it's got a reek of chain bullshit doesn't it?

Ferris

Quote from: canadagoose on October 03, 2021, 07:32:21 PM
Ach, I reckon I'd hate that. I hate feeling like I'm imposing and I reckon that would just make me want to eat everything quickly and end up with indigestion.

Maybe "disinterested" is a better way of putting it. I used to live near koreatown and the place was chock full of tiny dumpling stores lit by fluorescent lights and staffed by bored teenagers who chain-smoked cigarettes by the back door. It was boss, no pretence at all.

"More dumplings (because I am scum) please"
"Ok, but only because I'm being paid to do this"

canadagoose

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 03, 2021, 07:36:36 PM
Maybe "disinterested" is a better way of putting it. I used to live near koreatown and the place was chock full of tiny dumpling stores lit by fluorescent lights and staffed by bored teenagers who chain-smoked cigarettes by the back door. It was boss, no pretence at all.

"More dumplings (because I am scum) please"
"Ok, but only because I'm being paid to do this"
Yeah, maybe that would be not so bad. Maybe the food would make up for it.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 03, 2021, 07:31:25 PM

A good French restaurant in Britain will do the job

Ferris

Quote from: canadagoose on October 03, 2021, 07:37:55 PM
Yeah, maybe that would be not so bad. Maybe the food would make up for it.

The place I'm thinking of was cheap and spicy, much like the clientele. Recommend.