Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory conference begins today

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 03, 2021, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

He didn't really say that, did he?

Tony Tony Tony

Gulftastic

The build back beaver shite is proving to be an excellent dead cat.

Zetetic

peanutbutter

this "end of £20 universal credit boost" phrasing, am I misremembering or is that boost where they just didn't do the cut last year?

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSajid Javid has said health and social care "begins at home" and people should rely on their families in the first instance rather than on the state.

The health secretary's comments came during his speech at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester on Tuesday.

Mr Javid said: "The state was needed in this pandemic more than any time in peacetime. But government shouldn't own all risks and responsibilities in life. We as citizens have to take some responsibility for our health too.

"We shouldn't always go first to the state. What kind of society would that be?

"Health – and social care – begins at home. Family first, then community, then the state...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-health-nhs-family-b1932886.html

If health and social care begins at home why is Carer's Allowance so low?

Also, what is wrong with going to the state first rather than relying on family? What if families are too busy working all the hours to help or people don't get on with their family?

Fambo Number Mive

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

QuoteSajid Javid has said health and social care "begins at home" and people should rely on their families in the first instance rather than on the state.

The health secretary's comments came during his speech at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester on Tuesday.

Mr Javid said: "The state was needed in this pandemic more than any time in peacetime. But government shouldn't own all risks and responsibilities in life. We as citizens have to take some responsibility for our health too.

"We shouldn't always go first to the state. What kind of society would that be?

"Health – and social care – begins at home. Family first, then community, then the state...
"Die faster, poor people."

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 06, 2021, 07:02:47 PM
"Die faster, poor people."

Maybe if they kill all the poor they'll have the same lightbulb moment they had with immigrant truck drivers. "Shit! Now who'll do all our menial work for a pittance. Can we invent robots?"

George Oscar Bluth II

I wish to clarify if this applies if I break my leg or have a heart attack. If my family really cared they'd have a defibrillator in the house wouldn't they?

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on October 06, 2021, 07:11:07 PM
Maybe if they kill all the poor they'll have the same lightbulb moment they had with immigrant truck drivers. "Shit! Now who'll do all our menial work for a pittance. Can we invent robots?"
Ah WB, you're envisioning a rapid die-off. No, it's far more wily, this plan. You gradually shorten people's lifespans by "encouraging" them to treat illnesses at home, cutting wages, cutting benefits, shifting the "responsibility" (read: blame) to them if their children go to school hungry, if they don't have enough money, if they get sick, if they lose their jobs. If they get uppity you distract them with dogwhistles about "illegal immigration" and "economic migrants" and "our culture being in danger". In front of the right audience, you might even wring your hands about falling birth rates. The Nazis and diet Nazis will pick up what you're putting down, don't worry. Let them say the words "white genocide" for you. Stress is very bad for human health and for human reproduction. Meanwhile you and your rich friends pop out six kids by three different partners. After all, you can afford them.

Kankurette

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on October 06, 2021, 07:14:22 PM
I've had a heart attack and died of being not surprised.
It mentions the Pie and Mash Squad. They're a nasty lot. I saw one of their stickers outside Goodison Park and it had 'anti-Antifa' and some Nazi cross on it, and I took great pleasure in vandalising it.

Oh, and also? He called Labour 'cucks'. Which is why I fucking hate that word, because the far right love it. I bet he's not the only secret Nazi Tory either. But hey, let's all whinge on about wokeism because it's not like Nazis are an actual danger.

jobotic

Funnily enough a few Pie and Mash Squad and also Hundred Handers stickers popped up around here at the same time as the White Rose covid is a hoax ones.

mothman

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 06, 2021, 07:20:07 PM
Ah WB, you're envisioning a rapid die-off. No, it's far more wily, this plan. You gradually shorten people's lifespans by "encouraging" them to treat illnesses at home, cutting wages, cutting benefits, shifting the "responsibility" (read: blame) to them if their children go to school hungry, if they don't have enough money, if they get sick, if they lose their jobs. If they get uppity you distract them with dogwhistles about "illegal immigration" and "economic migrants" and "our culture being in danger". In front of the right audience, you might even wring your hands about falling birth rates. The Nazis and diet Nazis will pick up what you're putting down, don't worry. Let them say the words "white genocide" for you. Stress is very bad for human health and for human reproduction. Meanwhile you and your rich friends pop out six kids by three different partners. After all, you can afford them.

Post of the day!

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on October 06, 2021, 01:46:17 PM
are they all Boris's kids?

they could be no matter which way you look at it i guess

Pretty sure that's Kittens half-obscured at the back.

Good eye

The fucking Pie And Mash Squad???

Pink Gregory

pigamus

Headline in the Independent says Johnson's speech was all bluster over substance

Also, shit is brown apparently

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 07, 2021, 07:51:06 AM
Rhyming slang for 'fash, apparently

Ah, right - that makes it a bit less Pythonesque I suppose.

lipsink

According to Twitter Kuennsberg and Gove did a dance off and Rap battle at the Conference Party last night. Probably bollocks but really hope it's true. We've already had the disgusting video of Therese Coffey singing karaoke of "I've Had The Time Of My Life" while universal credit is cut.

Really feels now more than ever that Tories don't even need to pretend.

George Oscar Bluth II

Seem to remember diktats from the top of the party back in the Cameron era that there be no champagne or anything at conference. Sign of how far we've fallen that they clearly don't even give a fuck enough to pretend. And even then, the suffering they were causing was basically hidden from anyone not experiencing it. In our current moment people are queuing for fuel and they're all having a great time.

As for the conduct of Laura K: no. Want to get pissed after a hectic week? Fine by me, seek out one of Manchester's many excellent bars and do it there.

TrenterPercenter

So I went to meet a friend in Loughborough yesterday and ended stuck on the M42 as two lorries had collided with a car.

Anyway it is meant that I got to listen to LBC for an extended period and they dominated most of it with the Teresa Coffey bollocks.  This is culture war shite, who cares whether this bell end is singing a song or not at a party; the right wing press latched on to this to completely make lefties look mad and obsessed

"do we think it was appropriate?  I don't know perhaps not, but is it really the most important thing to be focusing on? I think some people need to lighten up" said Iain Dale as he then continued to talk about it for the next hr.

And he is right it's distraction rubbish and very useful distraction rubbish to people like Iain Dale.

lipsink

Owen Jones' video of the conference is the one of the most depressing things I've seen for quite some time. Lots of ghoulish cunts being interviewed telling us that people living in poverty need to be more "self reliant" and are just bad at managing money.

EOLAN

Quote from: lipsink on October 07, 2021, 11:15:08 AM
Owen Jones' video of the conference is the one of the most depressing things I've seen for quite some time. Lots of ghoulish cunts being interviewed telling us that people living in poverty need to be more "self reliant" and are just bad at managing money.

Well should they not get rid of their glorious leader given how atrocious he is at managing his personal finances. Avoiding vital important meetings in his high paying job to write a book to make ends meet. Just get him on a money management course before he can be trusted to work on his high salary (with large expenses covered), whether he considers it chickenfeed or not.

TrenterPercenter

Actually watched the vid and alongside the usual ghouls there were also a few delegates that actually said the uplift removal was wrong and that people need to be in decent paying jobs which did show some signs of at least some delegates being out of step with the let them eat cake crowd.

We are on the ascent to peak hubris of the tories; if you remember how it goes; they take over; they fuck things up whilst blaming everyone else, they feel invincible, they think fuck it it is now or never to cash in as we are all powerful, the arse falls out, they get kicked out because finally people all over the political landscape realise that anyone is better and focus on getting rid of them.