Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory conference begins today

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 03, 2021, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Well, this is chilling:

QuoteNadine Dorries, the new culture secretary, is expected to warn against leftwing bias at the BBC and tell the broadcaster "what is expected of it if it wants to keep the licence fee".

WhoMe

Quote from: olliebean on October 03, 2021, 10:02:26 PM
Well, this is chilling:

It stops its lefty bias or else it gets the hose again.

JamesTC

QuoteHowever, Frank Luntz, the rightwing US pollster, had a warning for Tories at another fringe event, saying they would regret engaging in culture wars. "I'm scared to death of woke. But not just of woke coming to the UK the way that it's come to America, because it's destroying our universities, media, entertainment and all the things that have an impact on how we think. But I'm also afraid of how you all use it," he said.

"Because you can win an election with it, I promise you. If you want to run a woke campaign, the public will be on your side. But you will destroy your country in the process ... I cannot stand what's going on in academia in this country right now, but don't play into it, because you'll regret it in the end."

Ironically he appears to be the only one there who isn't a cuntz.

Pink Gregory

aww is the widdle white supremacist conservative scared of 'woke'

fuckin diddums

vanilla.coffee

I imagine some of the Tory tribe will hit the town in the evenings

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on October 04, 2021, 06:24:20 AM
I imagine some of the Tory tribe will hit the town in the evenings

Gove painting the town red - or rather blue I would imagine.

idunnosomename

amazing how British politics is now almost exclusively a load of made-up bullshit where exclusively-educated people scream about "woke" and the opposition bang on about their dad's tool for ninety minutes.

Ah well. nevertheless,

Vinnie01

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 04, 2021, 07:32:08 AM
amazing how British politics is now almost exclusively a load of made-up bullshit where exclusively-educated people scream about "woke" and the opposition bang on about their dad's tool for ninety minutes.

Ah well. nevertheless,

That is why I do  not like the bullshit that is going on. Its actually bad for my OCD too.

katzenjammer

QuoteHowever, Frank Luntz, the rightwing US pollster, had a warning for Tories at another fringe event, saying they would regret engaging in culture wars. "I'm scared to death of woke. But not just of woke coming to the UK the way that it's come to America, because it's destroying our universities, media, entertainment and all the things that have an impact on how we think. But I'm also afraid of how you all use it," he said.

"Because you can win an election with it, I promise you. If you want to run a woke campaign, the public will be on your side. But you will destroy your country in the process ... I cannot stand what's going on in academia in this country right now, but don't play into it, because you'll regret it in the end."

That's not a warning to this bunch of cunts, it's an irresistible strategy that they will 100% use.

Pink Gregory

it's why the first black/brown/gay (less likely) prime minister is nailed on to be a conservative.

Paul Calf

If Frank Luntz is cared to death of 'woke' (ffs) then that's a point in its favour if you ask me.

Kankurette

Quote from: Pranet on October 03, 2021, 09:43:17 PM
Oh boy this is going to be just great.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/03/conservatives-take-aim-at-cancel-culture-and-woke-aggression

Didn't really have the conferences last year did we, unless I blanked them out of my memory? One of the blessings of covid.
Good to see they have their priorities in order and aren't talking about such paltry things as fuel and food shortages or workers leaving in droves.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 04, 2021, 09:24:58 AM
it's why the first black/brown/gay (less likely) prime minister is nailed on to be a conservative.

We've already had a gay Tory PM.

Fambo Number Mive

More gems from Dorries:

Quote@peterwalker99
Dorries also said people who criticise her books are "insulting" the many people who bought them (2.4m sales, she says).

Hmmm. I take my hat off to that sort of success, but no author is immune from criticism of what they write.

By Dorries' logic no one should ever criticise a novel.

Quote@peterwalker99
Dorries also makes it seem pretty clear that Channel 4 will be privatised. She says that if C4 wants to grow and thrive it needs to change, and an "obvious" way to do that would be privatisation.

Quote@eleanormia
Former minister Jake Berry on the return to work: "We have to end the civil service 'woke-ing' from home - sorry I mean working from home, but let's be honest, it often is woke-ing."

Having a pop at ordinary people wanting to work from home when public transport is unsafe and many people can't get fuel to get to work.

Kankurette

They really will shoehorn the word 'woke' into everything.

At least someone's bounced a traffic cone off Iain Duncan-Smith's head today.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Spectator magazine quoted Sir Iain as saying: "For half a second I was about to go up and punch them, I went forward and they all backed off – I nearly knocked them out, lost my rag.

Of course you did, Iain. Do not underestimate the toughness of a quiet bastard.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on October 04, 2021, 03:27:40 PM
We've already had a gay Tory PM.

Mr Heath just liked the company of young boys on yachts.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kankurette on October 04, 2021, 06:40:19 PM
They really will shoehorn the word 'woke' into everything.

Just read that the Jonathan Lord is the official MP for Woking. Absurd.

Kankurette

mothman

All their wittering about a high-tech high-skill high-wage workforce just makes me think of every tech bro utopian project you ever hear of - designed communities in the middle of deserts, floating cryptocurrency hubs on second-hand cruise liners - that always fail when confronted with cold hard reality and the inability of pampered manchildren to conceive that there have to be people to do the, well, boring adminny logistical stuff. Those kinds of jobs, in their minds, are for all the (their words) "little people" to do, who will all be just... there. These cunts just do not live in the real world.

idunnosomename

lol Nadine Dorries shitting her pants about her own mawkish Scouse/Oirish doggerel

Steven88

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on October 04, 2021, 07:00:16 PM
At least someone's bounced a traffic cone off Iain Duncan-Smith's head today.
Iain Duncone-Smith.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE can't even mock the gays any more CANCEL CULTURE FREEZE PEACH the bbc will do as it's told if it knows what's bloody good for it WOKE WOKE CANCEL CULTURE i wish statues had cocks so i could impale myself on churchill's magnificent marble tumescence WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE i hate black people"

Wonderful Butternut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0ZOu_EZ2M&ab_channel=JinSemTheFirst

(Yeah, pretty much everyone has seen it by now, but it's still basically accurate)

I see Raab has announced that the bonfire of human rights is about to begin (human rights legislation is to be 'reformed'). Gives the 'straw man' example of not being able to deport a man who beat his wife because of his 'right to a family life' under Article 8 ECHR - who could possibly disagree with that, right? This year's version of the guy who couldn't be deported because he had a cat.

The ECHR is not even an EU-related human rights convention, so are they planning to renege on their Council of Europe and other international human rights standards now? Absolute sinister bunch of scumbags.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA man with cerebral palsy today tackled Jacob Rees-Mogg over Conservative cuts and "shameful" fitness to work tests.

Amid tense scenes outside the Tory conference in Manchester, Dominic Hutchins, 43, told the Leader of the Commons what he had to go through to prove he was eligible for welfare benefits.

Police and demonstrators stood by during the three-minute showdown just outside the Midland Hotel and its ring-of-steel secure zone.

Mr Rees-Mogg, who had walked a gauntlet of angry protesters chanting "Tory scum!" before stopping to speak to Mr Hutchins, told him: "I strongly advise you to speak to your MP."

Speaking later to the Mirror, Mr Hutchins, who lives near Stockport, Greater Manchester, said: "He heard me but it's all lip service...

Mr Hutchins told how he lost his job because of Conservative cuts to youth services.

"I have got a degree, I graduated from Huddersfield in 2002," he said.

"I'm a youth and community worker. Since the Tories got in power in 2010 they have demolished youth services, which made me claim benefits.

"I not only had to claim jobseeker's allowance, I had to prove I am still disabled and I've not medically been cured.

"People like Jacob Rees-Mogg - he will go back to his fancy house.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-confronted-man-25134224