Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tory conference begins today

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 03, 2021, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson is speaking at 11:30. People are already queuing up

bgmnts

Isnt that high productivity culture what esentially turned one country into a nation of gun toting psycopaths that shoot up schools (USA) and another country into a nation that sees a high suicide rate and people who dont want to even leave the house or engage with other people (Japan)?

Zetetic

"Productivity" is a generally misleading term when it's straddling an economics-jargon and mundane use.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson's speech has begun.

After incorrectly calling Corbyn a communist he then delivers this nauseating drivel:

QuoteHe acknowledges that some people may have been "anxious" going to public places such as nightclubs due to coronavirus.

He says that is why "we sent top government representatives to our sweatiest boites de nuit [French for nightclub] to show that anyone could dance perfectly safely" – a reference to cabinet minister Michael Gove who was video dancing in a club earlier this year.

"And wasn't he brilliant? Let's hear it for Jon Bon Govi," he says.

"Living proof that we represent the most jiving hip happening and generally funkapolitan party in the world," he says.

The pandemic's all a big joke to him. The idea that nightclubs are safe is laughable.

jobotic

Why not just say "we do what we fucking want because we are more important than you"?

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 06, 2021, 11:38:45 AM
Johnson's speech has begun.

After incorrectly calling Corbyn a communist he then delivers this nauseating drivel:

The pandemic's all a big joke to him. The idea that nightclubs are safe is laughable.

I thought that you were taking the piss but that's all true, isn't it? Fucks sake...

bgmnts

Boites de nuit.

Fuck off you horrid cancerous lump of a cunt.

Fambo Number Mive

He also had a pop at Corbyn for wearing corduroy, as if he should have been wearing a £1000 suit all the time or something. Absolute toilet of a human being (Johnson, not Corbyn).

jobotic

Fambo Number Mive

No. He's had a pop at "North London dinner parties" though. As if he hasn't been to loads of them.

jobotic

Of course, and he'll tell a room full of privately educated toffs that XR are full of middle class students.

jobotic

Quite funny that he's banging on about the last leader of the Labour Party though.

robhug

Quote from: jobotic on October 06, 2021, 11:59:02 AM
Quite funny that he's banging on about the last leader of the Labour Party though.

telling rather than funny

Fambo Number Mive

More road schemes announced, despite the growing issues caused by climate change. The Tory party is the party of Mr Toad.

derek stitt

That Rabb bloke is the gift that keeps on giving isn't he.

jobotic

Quote from: robhug on October 06, 2021, 12:00:01 PM
telling rather than funny

yes true.

To talk about drugs and "powder rooms of Islington" minutes after making gags about a coked up Gove clubbing is proper trolling

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHe calls Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer a "seriously rattled bus conductor - not that they have bus conductors nowadays - pushed this way and that by a Corbynista mob of sellotape-spectacled sans-culottes or the skipper of a cruise liner that has been captured by Somali pirates"...Sir Keir Starmer is "Captain Hindsight", says the PM, "attacking one week then rowing in behind when it seemed to be working the human weather vane, the Starmer chameleon".

The idea that Starmer is even listening to the left, let alone controlled by them is nonsense.

robhug

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 06, 2021, 12:20:16 PM
The idea that Starmer is even listening to the left, let alone controlled by them is nonsense.

Were you not expecting nonsense from Boris then?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: robhug on October 06, 2021, 12:26:22 PM
Were you not expecting nonsense from Boris then?

I was, but it doesn't make me any less angry with him. I should probably have not taken any notice of his speech, I knew it would only annoy me. About as useful as poking a bunion, not that I've got any bunions at the moment.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 06, 2021, 12:20:16 PM
But he has to keep saying that because he knows that voters will go "eeeeeehhhh I'll not vote for the loony left" and Starmer will go "I'm not the loony left, I'll be even more right wing than I already am!" Rich bastards stay in power and hoover up as much money as possible while ensuring that poor people die even faster. Climate crisis is coming up, can't have all the unwashed masses competing for what's left of the planet's resources after all.

Pink Gregory

The main issue of climate change is that I may not be alive to see the day when this fucking coked up waste of flesh breathes his fucking last

Paul Calf

Quote from: jobotic on October 06, 2021, 11:59:02 AM

He doesn't want to dislodge Starmer, who is currently a massive Tory asset.

pigamus

I really wish I hadn't read those quoted Johnson bits. It's made me so angry I want to hit somebody.

robhug

Quote from: Chollis on October 06, 2021, 10:39:27 AM

are they all Boris's kids?

they could be no matter which way you look at it i guess

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: robhug on October 06, 2021, 01:41:26 PM
Quote from: Chollis on October 06, 2021, 10:39:27 AM

are they all Boris's kids?

they could be no matter which way you look at it i guess
Pretty sure that's Kittens half-obscured at the back.

JamesTC

Quote from: cuntLiving proof that we represent the most jiving hip happening and generally funkapolitan party in the world

kill jester