Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limp Bizkit's "Dad Vibes" (new single) is sounding catchy to me

Started by willbo, October 03, 2021, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Fucks sake, the pursuit of the dollar. This was great when he was arsing about at Lollapalooza when it became horrifyingly apparent that he was actually this veteran rock star figure to like 80% of the punters who had never heard Limp Bizkit before. But obviously it was enough of a success that they had to take it too seriously, seriously enough to make a song acknowledging the silliness of the situation. No mate, you've trashed it. That festival slot was unironically the coolest you've ever looked/sounded in your entire career, self aware, daft, fun, finally validated. And now in 2:12 you've pissed it back up the wall. Idiots.

madhair60

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Limp Bizkit? In 2021?

( Although that song doesn't sound too bad, tbh.)

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on October 03, 2021, 07:49:27 PM
they played this song at the lollapalooza show though!

Haha I guess it's telling that I didn't watch the whole thing

PaulTMA

Pauline Walnuts

Yeah, you should more respect for our classic rock bands, what are you? A Biber fan? A rap fan? with a silent c, lol.

madhair60

Wonderful Butternut

lankyguy95

I really don't have a problem with Limp Bizkit but come on, that's shit.

PaulTMA

PaulTMA

They were never a good band.  No way to spin it.  Actual shit for actual cunts.  For eternity

madhair60

amazing band, not surprised the pseuds of CaB don't care for them.

Pauline Walnuts

I rember listring to The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) in school, so much nostalgia lol

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: madhair60 on October 07, 2021, 10:38:32 AM

They were a great band for a few years aye, no doubt, properly great, but they were never an ironic band and there's no joke to get. Telling people they don't like Limp Bizkit because they don't get it is almost like making an excuse. The sad fact is that they were great muscians fronted by a wanker with severe personality disorders that weren't severe enough to stop America embracing them. Fred Durst is as face-value, blunt and empty as they come. No excuses to be made. Take the bad with the good.

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on October 07, 2021, 10:38:32 AM

One ticket to ride on this opinion train please.

It's good unpretentious fun like Reel Big Fish or any of the dance music that hit the charts or Top of the Pops in the 90s. I'm glad it exists and if it comes on in a club or whatever I will get the fuck on down to it.

BeardFaceMan

I could listen to Limp Bizkit instrumentals all day, some great tunage going on there. But with that idiot whining over the top about how he wants to stick cookies in people's yeahs? Not so much.

madhair60

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 07, 2021, 12:57:07 AM
They were never a good band.  No way to spin it.  Actual shit for actual cunts.  For eternity

very tempting to quote this on the ween thread instead

JaDanketies

Surprised to see people praising the musicianship of Limp Bizkit. I mean I like them too but I remember watching Break Stuff on Kerrang and realising that there were like three notes and two riffs, it was all very basic, and that Fred Durst was not a good rapper, and that actually maybe this whole nu metal thing was bad music. I guess the individual members - DJ Lethal for instance - have been in some good things. Wikipedia tells me that Wes Borland is actually very talented and I guess it's just well-hidden in the music. But surely 14-year-old me was right, and Break Stuff doesn't have an awful lot of intricate musicality.

QuoteBorland's guitar playing is experimental and nontraditional, and he is noted for his creative use of six and seven-string guitars. Three Dollar Bill, Yall features him playing without a guitar pick, performing with two hands, one playing melodic notes, and the other playing chord progressions.

I was a proto-pretentious-hipster aged 14 and by the time I was 16 or 17 I was Rollin' once more.

I don't know why the song in the OP is worth bringing attention to, it sounds like any filler latter-day Bizkit to me

The Mollusk

up_the_hampipe

I enjoyed that. Felt like a blast from the past, it's funny that Fred Durst is 51 but still sounds like a 20-something douche from the 90s. I've always liked Limp Bizkit, they seemed self-aware enough to let the corny aspects fly.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 07, 2021, 11:51:51 AM
Surprised to see people praising the musicianship of Limp Bizkit. I mean I like them too but I remember watching Break Stuff on Kerrang and realising that there were like three notes and two riffs, it was all very basic, and that Fred Durst was not a good rapper, and that actually maybe this whole nu metal thing was bad music. I guess the individual members - DJ Lethal for instance - have been in some good things. Wikipedia tells me that Wes Borland is actually very talented and I guess it's just well-hidden in the music. But surely 14-year-old me was right, and Break Stuff doesn't have an awful lot of intricate musicality.

One song, that is. One.

Listen to Re-Arranged instead. Listen to that gorgeous bass line. The subtle ethereal keys. Listen to the way the song falls apart beautifully at the end.

Wes was a riff writer and an ideas man but Rivers and Otto are the money in LB. No band ever got that big without someone that good in their ranks, and Limp Bizkit had two of them.

chveik