Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Long hangover

Started by kalowski, October 04, 2021, 06:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pranet

Speaking of....

Went out last night, spent a lot of money, didn't really enjoy it, now feel like shit and the day will be 10x harder to negotiate than it would otherwise have been. Feel anxious and off. And I probably caught the vid.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: chrispmartha on October 09, 2021, 05:15:05 PM
I do not miss the hangovers at all, in fact that's probably the thing that's making me stay off the booze!

I can't believe how many wasted Sundays Ive had as ive been too hungover to do anything at all, them leads into anxiety for a few days which affects my work, nope don't miss them at all!

I like to do my drinking on a Friday, relax on a Saturday, with Sundays fine (I'd have to have really been going for it to still be bad at this stage).  Thing is like anything I'd say don't do the same thing all the time; I oscillate from going out on an evening to getting to bed nice early and doing the garden centre, country stuff both have their drawbacks and highlights.

bgmnts

Question, do you get a hangover over the occasional glass or two of red wine if you don't over hydrate to compensate? I'm not a wine drinker but thinking of taking it up for the health benefits.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2021, 11:01:33 AM
Question, do you get a hangover over the occasional glass or two of red wine if you don't over hydrate to compensate? I'm not a wine drinker but thinking of taking it up for the health benefits.

Don't really drink wine but now you will not get a hangover from a couple of glasses of wine; nothing substantial anyway.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: kalowski on October 04, 2021, 06:34:15 AM
I very rarely have a big session nowadays, and today reminds me why. I went out on Friday to celebrate my 50th with my mates and it's Monday and I am still suffering. I'll suffer until Wednesday, most likely.
I'm not asking for sympathy in any way, this is all my fault, but I am pissed off at myself for getting carried away.
Any advice for days and days of tired, shaking hangover?

Wish I could help mate, I suffer the same way, I'm 52 later this year and nothing has ever worked for me and as I very rarely drink these days I'm lucky if a hangover doesn't last at least three days, even after three or four pints

I had to have a colostomy about 11 years ago, dont think that helps due to hydration issues, but overall its a bark, because i enjoy the occasional blow out and just drinking fizzy pop on a night out just isn't the same

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: chrispmartha on October 07, 2021, 06:57:39 PM
Yes, I was never s big beer drinker but the non alcoholic beer that's available now has helped, especially in social situations.

I tried some 0% Guinness the other day and it's really really god, however it gave me incredible wind :-)

I cant find that 0% Guinness anywhere around where I live, i bough some low alcohol Hob Goblin and by Christ it was fucking rank

GoblinAhFuckScary

fuckloads of water before bed + ibuprofen + alka seltzer in the morning (optional) = literally no problem

also don't drink things packed with sugar

chrispmartha

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on October 10, 2021, 12:43:27 PM
I cant find that 0% Guinness anywhere around where I live, i bough some low alcohol Hob Goblin and by Chris it was fucking rank

Try Sainsbury's, if they don't have Guinness try Lucky Saint beer, it's 0.5% but it's much nicer than any other 0% stuff (i find in general 0.5% is better than those saying 0.0%)

pancreas

Yes, on the other hand you could just not drink two entire bottles of wine by yourself. On the occasions I've tried this, it tends to work.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: chrispmartha on October 10, 2021, 01:27:45 PM
Try Sainsbury's, if they don't have Guinness try Lucky Saint beer, it's 0.5% but it's much nicer than any other 0% stuff (i find in general 0.5% is better than those saying 0.0%)

0.5% is often far less than 0.5 too

Johnny Foreigner

The best non-alcoholic beer I've come across is Saint Peter's Without. Morrisons sometimes sell it; if ordering directly from the brewery, you need to buy 12 in one go. I find it tastes just like beer.
Hitherto, I have never had alcohol-free wine that was in any way drinkable.

TrenterPercenter

People rave about the 0.5 Czech Pilsner in M&S which is meant to be one of the good ones.

seepage

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 10, 2021, 02:29:38 PM
0.5% is often far less than 0.5 too

Yeah, I think you have to round up to the next 0.5%, which is why you sometimes see wine bottles with a sticker over the alc % with the rounded-up value on.

Ham Bap

Bad hangover today. Need to pack in drinking vodka. Can't be putting myself through this shit every couple of weeks.
Packing in alcohol between now and Christmas holidays. Might stick to beer over Christmas. Anything else brings awful hangovers.

Was awake half the night feeling sick. Slept on and off all day.

On the upside I'm now laying in bed listening to The Parapod. Will probably be awake for another 3 hours.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 10, 2021, 12:50:33 PM
fuckloads of water before bed + ibuprofen + alka seltzer in the morning (optional) = literally no problem

also don't drink things packed with sugar

The worst is when you're lying in bed, remembering to do all of that, but falling asleep before you get the chance to. The dread when you wake up and realise what's happened ...

Ham Bap

The horror hits me when I wake up during the night needing the bathroom every 30 minutes.
My usual routine is get a face-cloth, soak it in freezing cold water and put it on my head.

Having a nice night now. Might stay up till 4am listening to The Parapod in the dark.