Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedians you don’t like making you laugh

Started by a peepee tipi, October 04, 2021, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

That time Frankie Boyle was railing against something misogynistic on Twitter and Andrew Lawrence replied to ask him what Rebecca Adlington would make of it. Lawrence may be a bellwhiff of the highest order but fair play, he got him good and proper there.

Blue Jam

Quote from: rectorofstiffkey on October 05, 2021, 08:34:09 PM
do remember it really making me laugh once; from memory, when his character is being interviewed by a reporter, and is totally polite and 'on-message'.  The reporter says thanks and he replies, again really politely, 'It's been a fucking pleasure'.  The amusement really wasn't so much in the swearing as a) the look of resigned disappointment on his face and b) the recognition of something that a lot of us have done; i.e. held something together with a massive effort and then, just when we're relaxing at the end, slip up.

Bit off-topic but this discussion is reminding me of the time Shaun Ryder was on TFI Friday and after swearing despite trying really hard not to Chris Evans told him "If you can get through the rest of this interview without swearing I will give you my shoes". He then handed one over only for Ryder to reply "Awwww, Patrick Cox makes great fookin' shoes, man!"

https://youtu.be/sJIoHMG72Ac

thenoise

Chubbs absolutely delighted the twelve year old me with his chart topping smasher "who the fuck is Alice" - not high art, admittedly, but memories of chanting along the blue version while the censored cut is played at the school disco is a cherished memory. Much more enjoyable than attempting to dance with awkward teenage girls that's for sure.

Closest Davidson came was the Jim Davidson Quest on here, which I don't suppose I can really give him credit for. Jethro never even raised a half smile. Train don't stop Camborne? Who fucking cares.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: thenoise on October 06, 2021, 10:29:29 AM
Chubbs absolutely delighted the twelve year old me with his chart topping smasher "who the fuck is Alice" - not high art, admittedly, but memories of chanting along the blue version while the censored cut is played at the school disco is a cherished memory. Much more enjoyable than attempting to dance with awkward teenage girls that's for sure.

Closest Davidson came was the Jim Davidson Quest on here, which I don't suppose I can really give him credit for. Jethro never even raised a half smile. Train don't stop Camborne? Who fucking cares.

I loathe Jim Davidson but one of his early TV appearances has a joke I like.

A bloke's walking down the street and he sees a copper with a scruffy little mongrel on a lead. "That's not a police dog" he says, and the copper replies "Yeah, he's plain clothes."

thenoise

That's not a bad joke. I wonder who he nicked it from?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thenoise on October 06, 2021, 11:37:51 PM
That's not a bad joke. I wonder who he nick- nicked it from( the racist, wife- beating cunt)?
FTFY.

Quote from: a peepee tipi on October 04, 2021, 10:01:52 AMhe is seriously bogged down by having to sit next to Colin Jost every week vomiting the bullshit of shitty writers

poor old Michael Che, co-head writer of SNL, being forced by the head writer of SNL to go on camera and sit next to the other co-head writer of SNL - his best friend who got him the job - and vomit the bullshit of the writers managed by, edited by and filtered through the head writer of SNL

with no recourse against this terrible writing but to spend seven hours at a time searching for criticisms of the writing on SNL on twitter and blogs and then abusing the critics on Instagram for not being as rich and successful as him, the head writer on SNL

a peepee tipi

I know, what a tragedy. What's even more unfair is that I included him as the first example in a thread about "Comedians you don't like"

Nish Kumar is dreadful on TV, but I saw him live (free ticket) and he said at least two things that really made me laugh.