Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If Terf is designated hatespeech they should be notified that the fallback is 'transphobe'.

I bet 99% if pushed would choose TERF over transphobe. And transphobe can't become hate speech anymore than homophobe can.

phantom_power

There is some grim humour in Glinner objecting to being called a TERF because it is a gendered slur. He is metaphorically transing himself

Zetetic

Quote from: FalknerHinton on October 05, 2021, 03:10:38 PM
And thirdly, like others have said, given his engagement on other platforms, over a 1000 paying subs would be vastly anomalous.

And also at odds with:
- social media engagement with distinctly British transphobia personalities.
- donations to distinctly British transphobia causes.

These mostly struggle to escape the hundreds, with the occasional example reaching the mid-thousands (and I suspect these are attracting donations from elsewhere).

PaulTMA

My brother texted me 7 minutes ago saying he just saw Linehan talking to Chris Morris on Carnaby Street

Kelvin

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 05, 2021, 05:30:36 PM
My brother texted me 7 minutes ago saying he just saw Linehan talking to Chris Morris on Carnaby Street

"Get away from me, Graham, for fucks sake!"

PaulTMA

PaulTMA

Supposedly Linehan doing all the talking.  Morris nodding slowly with folded arms.  Only thing overheard from Glinner was "it's like a production line".  Looked like they had bumped into each other

retsuza

Quote from: PaulTMA on October 05, 2021, 06:24:57 PM
Supposedly Linehan doing all the talking.  Morris nodding slowly with folded arms.  Only thing overheard from Glinner was "it's like a production line".  Looked like they had bumped into each other

And Chris mate you are never going to believe how healthy and young those breasts were.

DJ Bob Hoskins

"He looked fat and depressed."

DrGreggles

Mister Six

Glinner ranting about how children are forcibly transed on the beardy groomer-run production line, while Morris has to dismiss every single funny remark that comes into his head because he doesn't want to prolong this extremely weird encounter, or end up on the wrong end of a thrown pint.

Must be horrible for Glinner's (former) friends - the ones that aren't affected by his deteriorating home life. Having to avoid all his texts, or subtly try to steer Facebook Messenger conversations onto a less deranged path, all the time watching a guy they used to know and like climbing further and further up the banana tree.

On an unrelated note has anyone pointed out how much Bananaman's alter ego looks like Linehan? Must have done, surely.

DJ Bob Hoskins

Only thing overheard from Glinner was "it's like a production line".

...as he opened his man-bag to reveal several newly-purchased budget Nokias and a stack of freebie Lebara SIM cards?

JamesTC

The default donation amount on McRibon's crowdfunder is £1000.

Moneybags Glinner should be able to stump for this. If he really does care about women.

Alberon

Gary Glinner

On his way back from the supermarket Gary spots his old colleague from his pre-banana days, Morris Christian. We see a dream sequence where he talks to Morris and is invited back on TV where he writes a sketch so sharp it instantly turns everyone against the evil Transes. In his haste to get to Morris he trips over his shopping bag and his Carbonara for One explodes right up his leg and over his crotch. Desperately trying to hide the dripping mess with the bag Gary starts his pitch. Amazingly Morris is very receptive. Gary is going to get his shot!

Then we switch to the real world view and Gary is babbling incoherently while Morris watches pale slop pooling around Gary's feet.

petril

Quote from: Alberon on October 05, 2021, 07:47:13 PM
Gary Glinner

On his way back from the supermarket Gary spots his old colleague from his pre-banana days, Morris Christian. We see a dream sequence where he talks to Morris and is invited back on TV where he writes a sketch so sharp it instantly turns everyone against the evil Transes. In his haste to get to Morris he trips over his shopping bag and his Carbonara for One explodes right up his leg and over his crotch. Desperately trying to hide the dripping mess with the bag Gary starts his pitch. Amazingly Morris is very receptive. Gary is going to get his shot!

Then we switch to the real world view and Gary is babbling incoherently while Morris watches pale slop pooling around Gary's feet.

the dream sequence takes up most of the episode

bgmnts

"Guys this is big" will add a massive injection of laughs into this saga.

I won't lie, I'm fucking excited.

Captain Z

Imagine if Chris Morris initiated the meeting for a Brass Eye special.

QDRPHNC

Probably just describing how he makes his carbonara for the week.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'm afraid I have to object to the casting of Dr. Manhatten as Glinner. Manhatten slowly becomes more and more detached from humanity, leading him to come off as cold and uncaring. Glinner is becoming more and more detached from reality, but he cares about his pet hate very, very much.

Also I'm pretty sure Doc Manhatten would say "A male and female body contain the same number of atoms. Structurally there's no difference."

bgmnts

I think the immense sense of loneliness he must feel is surely apt though. Sitting in his racecar bed looking through facebook photoalbums of his wife and kids must surely make him feel like he may as well be on the moon.