Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Trumpet

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 22, 2021, 12:00:49 PM
I know we're onto teacakes and cock-hungry gay men taking up all the air time talking about how they enslaved women and forced them to be surrogates, but I want to talk about this "Elmer Fudd in drag" business. You would think that a comedy expert, so expert he was all set up to do a Sitcom School except there's just so much going on, like Graham Linehan would know about the long history of drag (specifically, men dressed as women) as a comedic device. From seventy year old cartoons to "Some Like It Hot" to pantomime dames to a number of Britcoms to comedic drag acts right through to "Mrs. Brown's Boys." If it turned the young trans, there'd be a hell of a lot more trans folk from PEOPLE IN THEIR SEVENTIES right on down. But it doesn't, because dressing in drag is not the same as being trans. If they were, Brendan O'Carroll would've transitioned by now. But he hasn't, because Agnes Brown is a character he created and a costume he puts on. Just like Lily Savage and Dame Edna Everage.

I think they're down on drag because drag highlights just how many gender signifiers are things you can put on and take off. Almost as if there's more to gender than just your internal and external plumbing.

And the entire British Army would have been given demob sundresses at the end of WW2, cos they loved their drag entertainments

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Alberon on October 22, 2021, 12:12:55 PM
Someone who would prefer them to drop more than the T and become, presumably, the L Alliance.

not even that. can guarantee over 90% of the women present are straight. go back in the closet disgusting gays put it away god i'd hate it so much if my daughter was GAY

peteprodge

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 22, 2021, 12:00:49 PM
You would think that a comedy expert, so expert he was all set up to do a Sitcom School except there's just so much going on, like Graham Linehan would know about the long history of drag (specifically, men dressed as women) as a comedic device.

Yeah, you'd think he'd be aware of the 1990s Channel 4 sitcom Father Ted, where three male priests dressed as Diana Ross and the Supremes. Or that sitcom with Dylan Moran as a misanthropic bookseller, where there's a scene of him returning from a crazy holiday where his luggage went missing and so, he's had to wear a red miniskirt. Then there's news spoof The Day Today, which had Chris Morris play a female MTV-style VJ, Sukie Bapswent.

JamesTC

FalknerHinton

Quote from: phantom_power on October 22, 2021, 10:36:31 AM
So the mask has slipped even further then, from "trans women aren't women, they are trans women" to just plain old "trans women are men"

Hilarious about the hen thing as well. Isn't one of the TERF arguments that trans only happens in humans? Another one to put in the "demonstrably wrong but will still be used by bigots" pile, along with all their other arguments.

I don't even understand what that woman is saying in that she is being mis-gendered as a woman? Is it a trans woman who for some reason chooses to die on this hill or what? That is obviously disregarding the gender/sex muddle they have got themselves in

That's Debbie Hayton, she's a trans woman who writes for Russia Today and The Spectator. She's very clearly got some self-esteem issues, and to try and get acceptance from the terf crowd she goes along with the "trans women are men" line. It doesn't stop some of the terfs hating her though. The whole situation would almost be sad if she wasn't causing so much damage.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: JamesTC on October 22, 2021, 12:22:03 PM
Eventually they'll just be The Alliance and hate everyone.

This new Star Wars prequel ARG is getting dark.

PaulTMA

FalknerHinton

keir

idunnosomename

Amazed a Scottish company would give anything away for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

king_tubby

imitationleather

QDRPHNC

Quote from: imitationleather on October 22, 2021, 01:56:23 PM
They're going to be the lesbian community's new power couple.

Maybe it's just because I watched the new On Cinema last night, but I get tipsy clingy desperate Toni vibes from Helen.

JamesTC

Graham "Glinner" Linehan, do you take this adult human female to be your wife?

chveik

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 22, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
Maybe it's just because I watched the new On Cinema last night, but I get tipsy clingy desperate Toni vibes from Helen.

haha definitely

TommyTurnips

Graham Linehan and Penis Lady were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and it looked at me.

frajer

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 22, 2021, 02:17:44 PM

Haha jesus christ. Exactly the same energy. Moley should hang up his flatcap, these pricks memefy themselves.

retsuza

Fairly lucky for him that after he divorces his wife Helen he finds a new Helen, and this one is just as obsessed with his new hobby!!

imitationleather

Quote from: retsuza on October 22, 2021, 02:19:54 PM
Fairly lucky for him that after he divorces his wife Helen he finds a new Helen, and this one is just as obsessed with his new hobby!!

He was dreading having to get the tattoo with her name covered up. This is what the entire thing has been all about.

wrec

If they do get married he'll have to work out some way of verbally distinguishing her from his ex to avoid confusion - perhaps a nickname of some sort

idunnosomename

Helen S is born the same year as Graham. Perfect really

Edit peen S