Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

I would've loved to have been a fly in Glinner's racecar grief hole when he watched that RTD clip.

Quote from: thr0b on October 13, 2021, 10:09:57 PM
That's brilliant stuff. I once wrote to my MP (Daniel K. Tory) and his reply was essentially "you wouldn't vote for me, why should I care?"

Her response is quite stunning; not just saying she doesn't agree, but explaining in detail exactly why she doesn't agree. Proper.

Approved.

God, do you wish this was the bare minimum when it comes to this stuff.

Quote from: mjwilson on October 13, 2021, 11:12:22 PM
Have we seen this yet? King Russell getting an award and kicking off gloriously.

https://twitter.com/AttitudeMag/status/1448310820744617988

Nice for once to have a childhood hero that actually got better as you got older.

Just rewatched the speech, while he definitely started off strong - and I totally agree with the sentiment of it - but when he started going on about 'only three letters' I got kinda lost. Could've been phrased a lot better IMO.

Still absolute king behaviour, looking forward to his epic return..

chveik

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: chveik on October 14, 2021, 01:30:25 AM
yeah great sentiment but his argument is a bit nonsensical

just like lgb alliance ammiiiiiiiiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

chveik

yeah obviously, i just think there are better ways to express what is at stake.

phantom_power

Quote from: imitationleather on October 14, 2021, 12:38:54 AM
I would've loved to have been a fly in Glinner's racecar grief hole when he watched that RTD clip.

Dr Who's been captured

phantom_power

Interesting Twitter thread about the response to the Chapelle special, gives a bit of hope that a tide is turning, just not in the way Glinner wants:

https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/1448373083199397890

Dr Rock

jobotic

Quote from: phantom_power on October 14, 2021, 07:58:18 AM
Interesting Twitter thread about the response to the Chapelle special, gives a bit of hope that a tide is turning, just not in the way Glinner wants:

Yeah but what about the "unhinged violence thrown at JK Rowling"?

buttgammon

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on October 14, 2021, 06:39:16 AM
What the bloody hell is this?

Ten episodes? Even the biggest brainwormed BBC bigots would struggle to get that much material out of an exposé like this. What are they hoping to show, that Stonewall supports the people it's designed to represent?

Jumblegraws

Just saw this on the Graph Crimes twitter account and obviously had to share it here

jobotic

Quote from: buttgammon on October 14, 2021, 08:17:10 AM
Ten episodes? Even the biggest brainwormed BBC bigots would struggle to get that much material out of an exposé like this. What are they hoping to show, that Stonewall supports the people it's designed to represent?

Commisioned by the Tory Party as part of their culture war on woke, I'd imagine. And Nolan would be only too happy to serve.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: buttgammon on October 14, 2021, 08:17:10 AM
The Glinner Gang and beyond are creaming themselves over it, it's at least the third 'tipping point' they've declared in the past week[nb]The other two I'm thinking of being the Kathleen Stock stuff and Allison Bailley getting leave for some hearing or other as part of her quest to sue Stonewall.[/nb] This is what happens you wrap up disparate issues in a single brand of obsessive bigotry, any time there's a mainstream airing of some permutation of your stupid grievances it becomes a false dawn.

Will probably give this a grudging listen at the weekend.

frajer

His latest 'What I'd Be Posting on Twitter if I Was Still on There' is particularly bleak because it leads with him telling everyone to watch Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' from 2016 which he apparently has just seen.

Because of course that's exactly what's on his mind and exactly what he wants to be talking about. "I'm just a regular normal friendly guy who saw a great film and wants to recommend it to you! I'm not some obsessed terf, you know! Oh but while I've got you..."

He then launches immediately into an attack on Russell T Davies. Most of it's paywalled but the visible segment includes a hot quote about it from, erm, "his friend."

sophie.pilbeam

He also illustrates it using an image that literally has "a shitty photoshop by patton66" written on it. It's not even a Google result or anything; it only seems to show up on a bunch of blogs that are even more obscure than his.

It's a relief to genuinely just be baffled by his behaviour, rather than repulsed or horrified. Then you keep scrolling down and ah.

Pimhole

Quote from: chveik on October 14, 2021, 01:30:25 AM
yeah great sentiment but his argument is a bit nonsensical

I'm just glad he's finally come out for trans rights. I was legit worried for a while, what with the trans...humanism sub-plot in Years and Years , Cassandra in Doctor Who and the complete lack of trans representation in It's A Sin. I know he cast Bethany Black in Cucumber and all that, but that was a while ago now and I've been disappointed a lot by Gay Men Of A Certain Age. So he's done it in a writerly way that tries to play with language and comes off a bit cringe. But good for him.

It's particularly significant that he has stepped up now to criticise LGB Alliance specifically because although there has always been a trans-exclusionary element among the LGB and feminists, it's only recently begun to assume a veil of legitimacy and make political in-roads.

buttgammon

Quote from: frajer on October 14, 2021, 09:20:06 AM
His latest 'What I'd Be Posting on Twitter if I Was Still on There' is particularly bleak because it leads with him telling everyone to watch Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' from 2016 which he apparently has just seen.

Because of course that's exactly what's on his mind and exactly what he wants to be talking about. "I'm just a regular normal friendly guy who saw a great film and wants to recommend it to you! I'm not some obsessed terf, you know! Oh but while I've got you..."

He then launches immediately into an attack on Russell T Davies. Most of it's paywalled but the visible segment includes a hot quote about it from, erm, "his friend."

Just wait until he gets round to watching Paterson and does a hilarious bit about identifying as a bus or a dog.

JaDanketies

I remember the Terfs trying to appropriate It's A Sin when it was on the telly and everyone was talking about it. "You might call us old fuddy-duddies now, but we were them cool kids in It's A Sin once! In fact, I am directly comparable to the character played by Lydia West because of how brave and heroic I am. You youngsters nowadays think you've got valid opinions? You weren't even there!"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: phantom_power on October 14, 2021, 07:58:18 AM

love the stupid fucks in the replies going BUT THE THREAT TO WOMEN AT THE OLYMPICS, AND ALSO THE WI SPA

A woman. Was murdered. By a police officer. Who abused the authority vested in him by the State to abduct her. Are either of those dipshits calling for major police reform?

Kankurette

Pimhole

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 14, 2021, 09:44:56 AM
I remember the Terfs trying to appropriate It's A Sin when it was on the telly and everyone was talking about it. "You might call us old fuddy-duddies now, but we were them cool kids in It's A Sin once! In fact, I am directly comparable to the character played by Lydia West because of how brave and heroic I am. You youngsters nowadays think you've got valid opinions? You weren't even there!"

*shudder* god yes, a lot of that went on. And "lesbians cared for gay men while they were dying and now you turn your backs on them!". The same old patriarchal bargain masquerading as feminism.

Gusty OWindflap

retsuza

idunnosomename

Um so what is this Nolan investigates? Has it ever existed before this podcast series on Stonewall? It doesn't say on the page info but Stephen Nolan is some unionist norn iron talk radio guy who looks like Thomas the Tank Engine. Sort of media bubble guy you could expect to be pulled in TERFing

RFT

On wobbling legs, Linehan comes,
Scrolling through his burner far away from the sun.

Looking for the highs of his account long dead,
Searching for a victim from his race car bed.

Searching out fear in the dark on his own, and
Suddenly! An icon and a beep from my phone,
And there is nothing I can do,
When I realize with fright,

That Linehan is on the loose on Twitter tonight.

Quietly he laughs and shaking his head,
pastes the Staniland question and then sits up in bed.

Then a crap meme by moley, and some slurs and some lies,
"The problem with you lot is that you turn off replies".

"Shut Up, Fuck off" he wails in a rage-driven fog,
"Don't argue with me, or I'll call you out on my blog"
For it's much too late to get away,
or call him out on his shite,

Cos Linehan's got an account on Twitter tonight.

So I report his account and then tell him "Fuck off, Graham" for his trouble.
And he says "Who's this Graham, can't you see my name is Barney Rubble?"

And Linehan is always angry...

(apologies to Robert Smith...)

Dr Rock

Quote from: Pimhole on October 14, 2021, 10:53:24 AM
And "lesbians cared for gay men while they were dying and now you turn your backs on them!".

Any data on how many of these lesbians are pro-trans? No, of course not.