Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

That guy is working very, very hard at bending all those opinions into those rhyme schemes for his fourteen likes.

Mister Six

Quote from: imitationleather on October 14, 2021, 01:49:03 PM
Was genuinely frightened that the actual GLC had made an anti-trans song there for a moment.

In retrospect, "Your Mother's Got a Penis" isn't great.

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 14, 2021, 02:27:01 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say, they're all like that. They all cite Eddie Izzard and whatever other shite Linehan spouts.

Was wondering, what did the transphobe lot think of Eddie Izzard back when she identified as a male transvestite? Proper second-wave TERFs should have been anti-Izzard from the jump, given that cross dressing frequently is about actual cisgender men enjoying (sometimes erotically) dressing up in women's clothes, but I get the impression it was all gravy until she came out as one of the Dreaded Trans, and all the lipstick and lovely dresses were about actually expressing her gender, rather than getting a bit of a kick out of transgressing social norms.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on October 14, 2021, 01:53:04 PM
America's about to peak again. Source: Fox News, Rebel Media, and a blog called "Restore America".

We were talking yesterday about the gradual drift from "The left are losing ground by engaging with trans issues" to "I feel alienated that the left are engaging with trans issues" to "Oh fuck it, I'm right-wing now", so worth noting that it opens with:

The enemy isn't "The [Adjective] Left" anymore, it's just "The Left".

I note that the thing Graham/nutmeg is complaining about that is alleged to have happened (the alleged assault) happened before the thing that they've been lying about (girls no longer allowed to have single sex bathrooms in particular schools in America) came into effect. But the first thing is still somehow the fault of the second thing, that hadn't happened yet, and they're lying about anyway.

Great thinkers, this pair.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Mister Six on October 14, 2021, 04:37:08 PM

Was wondering, what did the transphobe lot think of Eddie Izzard back when she identified as a male transvestite? Proper second-wave TERFs should have been anti-Izzard from the jump, given that cross dressing frequently is about actual cisgender men enjoying (sometimes erotically) dressing up in women's clothes, but I get the impression it was all gravy until she came out as one of the Dreaded Trans, and all the lipstick and lovely dresses were about actually expressing her gender, rather than getting a bit of a kick out of transgressing social norms.

No, they hate that too.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: FalknerHinton on October 14, 2021, 04:50:20 PM
I note that the thing Graham/nutmeg is complaining about that is alleged to have happened (the alleged assault) happened before the thing that they've been lying about (girls no longer allowed to have single sex bathrooms in particular schools in America) came into effect. But the first thing is still somehow the fault of the second thing, that hadn't happened yet, and they're lying about anyway.

Great thinkers, this pair.

And the solution to girls and women being unsafe is always only ever "exclude AMAB people from women's spaces" (even in cases where sex-segregated spaces weren't relevant at all). No reform, no education, no change, nothing is ever possible, all we can do is lock women safely away. Which is also the conservative argument, and why they find themselves getting along so well.

JamesTC

Is Glinner so brainwormed that he thinks referring to Russel T Davies as "Russell Davies" is some form of deadnaming?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 14, 2021, 12:20:47 PM
look I was born on the 88th of dodecember. i cant help it

Geniunely though, I wonder how many 33 year olds born on 1 April / 4 January 1988 or 13 year olds born on 14 August 2008 have ever been hounded online for supposedly being neo-nazis. There's got to be at least one at this point...

Mister Six

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 14, 2021, 05:17:32 PM
No, they hate that too.

I recall seeing a lot of "Oh no, I used to love Eddie Izzard, but..." chatter, but maybe it's not representative. Or Eddie was grandmothered into their faves back in the 90s, before the anti-trans brainrot set in.

Barry Admin

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on October 14, 2021, 01:53:04 PM
America's about to peak again. Source: Fox News, Rebel Media, and a blog called "Restore America".

We were talking yesterday about the gradual drift from "The left are losing ground by engaging with trans issues" to "I feel alienated that the left are engaging with trans issues" to "Oh fuck it, I'm right-wing now", so worth noting that it opens with:

The enemy isn't "The [Adjective] Left" anymore, it's just "The Left".

I see he even copies Linehan at the end and asks his cultists to do his bidding and bug celebs:

Quote from: Linehan and/or nutmeg cunt
(Please send this piece to Billy Bragg, Joylon Maugham, Owen Jones, Ruth Hunt, Michael Cashman, Keir Starmer, Janey Godley, Kath Viner, Neil Gaiman, David Paisley, Russell T Davies, Nicola Coughlan, Colm O'Gorman, India Willoughby, Aisling Bea, Cariad Lloyd, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, David Gorski, Hemant Mehta, Neil deGrasse Tyson... you know...anyone who needs to read it. For short, let's call them 'The Wrong Side of History'.)

This also caught my eye in the comments:

Quote from: a GlincelYelling at the school board doesn't accomplish much depending on the state/school district (but it feels good, so people do it). And then people get frustrated.

It may be more effective for activists to push defunding: ensure the kiddos are yanked from enrollment when the funding headcount is done. If a child is not enrolled during the headcount, the money the district would have gotten for them for the year will not be allocated. That would be a way to actually break these shitbag rape apologists and cut off their money.

2 talking heads discuss this strategy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOBZ7JmvIG4

QuoteUse this trick to INSTANTLY DEFUND your child's school and prevent them from hiring diversity staff

earl_sleek

"Own the libs by ensuring your child's education is underfunded!"

SpiderChrist

g0m

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on October 14, 2021, 06:40:57 PM
Geniunely though, I wonder how many 33 year olds born on 1 April / 4 January 1988 or 13 year olds born on 14 August 2008 have ever been hounded online for supposedly being neo-nazis. There's got to be at least one at this point...

I saw some people doing this to Isabel Fall during that whole pile-on. since her entire author bio when her story was published was just her name and birth year

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 14, 2021, 01:44:21 PM
"...and would you one day take a piss,
In a lavatory designed for a miss?"

Fucking hell. This Goldie Lookin Chain one is even worse:

https://i.redd.it/ipsq1y6ahuo61.png

"The toilets are open to anyone who wants them." What a fucking nightmarish dystopia mate.

QuoteGuns don't kill people, pronouns do!

Slashed to death

Dayraven

QuoteI wonder how many 33 year olds born on 1 April / 4 January 1988 or 13 year olds born on 14 August 2008 have ever been hounded online for supposedly being neo-nazis.
It's the 533-year-olds I feel sorry for.

retsuza

Seeing some absolutely insane terf takes about the John Lewis ad. A lot of them seem to be annoyed that "insurance wouldn't cover intentional damage" as if that's even the point?

This one is just incredible though:
https://twitter.com/AliceB38586447/status/1448313026092933123?t=68oy-0SJQscETQtvPGG2Fg&s=19

Love the combination of making up shit your kid said and paranoid pattern matching lunacy.

bigfatheart

A couple of weeks ago I took a crack at writing a Gary Glinner spec script. Sadly, it doesn't have any abseiling vicars with vajazzles or whatever it was that Glinner Gang member wanted to see, but without a sitcom school to offer guidance, I'm reasonably happy with it.

canadagoose

Quote from: retsuza on October 14, 2021, 07:53:45 PM
Seeing some absolutely insane terf takes about the John Lewis ad. A lot of them seem to be annoyed that "insurance wouldn't cover intentional damage" as if that's even the point?

https://twitter.com/AliceB38586447/status/1448313026092933123?t=68oy-0SJQscETQtvPGG2Fg&s=19

Love the combination of making up shit your kid said and paranoid pattern matching lunacy.
They seem to think the kid is an "abuser" and the poor adult human feeeemale is a victim of the kid. Absolutely ridiculous, self-centred, narcissistic dogshit.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Mister Six on October 14, 2021, 04:37:08 PM

I saw more than a few prominent terfs specifically citing Izzard as an example of how you can do it right, then immediately turning on them after they came out.

Milo

I wonder who out of that list of people to send gibberings to is least likely to give it a second thought. My bet would be Neil deGrasse Tyson. I mean, fuck's sake.

And that idea that if a kid is ill on a particular day the school won't get any funding for them for the year. Proper bonkers.

Barry Admin

If they're pissed off at John Lewis for "pushing the trans agenda", why does all their shithouse terf poetry say, "waaahh, we're fine with little boys who wear dresses, waaahh." Clearly they don't think it's alright after all.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 14, 2021, 09:04:07 PM
If they're pissed off at John Lewis for "pushing the trans agenda", why does all their shithouse terf poetry say, "waaahh, we're fine with little boys who wear dresses, waaahh." Clearly they don't think it's alright after all.

Yeah they were really pushing the whole "we're critical of gender roles" shtick recently and I think our recent newbie terven poster said that and how quickly they abandon it and start frothing at the mouth over someone who doesn't conform to gender stereotypes

jobotic

Pronouns don't kill people
Rapist murderer misogynist coppers do but who cares about that we're all about our bigotry

Doesn't scan does it?

Barry Admin

Quote from: retsuza on October 14, 2021, 07:53:45 PM

She's deleted it now, bur I still had it in another tab:

Quote12 year old just commented: "It doesn't look like an ad for home insurance, it looks like an add for transsexualism." He also pointed out that the persistent use of green & pink references Squid Games, where the players are trapped and vulnerable, so the aggressor is victim?

Mister Six

Yeah, John Lewis based its marketing campaign, conceived and filmed months ago, on a Korean series that has basically blown up in the past few weeks.

retsuza

Quote from: Mister Six on October 14, 2021, 09:53:43 PM
Yeah, John Lewis based its marketing campaign, conceived and filmed months ago, on a Korean series that has basically blown up in the past few weeks.

It's all part of the global spanning Big Trans Agenda

somersetchris

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 14, 2021, 09:49:42 PM
She's deleted it now, bur I still had it in another tab:

File under 'stuff kids never said'. What are the odds that a 12-year old used the word 'transsexualism'? Zero, I'd have thought.

New poster by the way, hi! I've been a long time lurker, came here for the Inside No. 9 commentary, stayed for the Graham Linehan shitshow. Don't worry, I'm not here to 'just ask some genuine questions'.

Thanks to whoever recommended Katy Montgomerie! I've been binging her YouTube videos over the last few weeks since finding out about her on here.