Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:08:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somersetchris

Quote from: jobotic on October 14, 2021, 09:42:24 PM
Pronouns don't kill people
Rapist murderer misogynist coppers do but who cares about that we're all about our bigotry

Doesn't scan does it?

Trans women don't kill people
Cis men do

Mister Six

Welcome, somersetchris! Poke around on the other forums here too, there's a fair bit - perhaps too much - going on!

Quote from: somersetchris on October 14, 2021, 10:02:01 PM
New poster by the way, hi! I've been a long time lurker, came here for the Inside No. 9 commentary, stayed for the Graham Linehan shitshow.

Spoiler alert
Hi Chreece
[close]

somersetchris

There's so much going on!

Honestly when I first started reading the Glinner threads just catching up on the most recent one took like a week.

somersetchris

Quote from: Better Midlands on October 14, 2021, 10:17:18 PM
Spoiler alert
Hi Chreece
[close]

I work with some Maltese people and this is exactly how they pronounce my name

wrec

Quote from: somersetchris on October 14, 2021, 10:02:01 PM
File under 'stuff kids never said'. What are the odds that a 12-year old used the word 'transsexualism'? Zero, I'd have thought.

Imaginary precocious offspring are one of the most illiberal demographics, and won't wheesht. E.g. all those four-year-olds who announced that Corbyn was unelectable

somersetchris

Quote from: wrec on October 14, 2021, 10:23:29 PM
Imaginary precocious offspring are one of the most illiberal demographics, and won't wheesht. E.g. all those four-year-olds who announced that Corbyn was unelectable

And everyone applauded

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bigfatheart on October 14, 2021, 08:07:21 PM
A couple of weeks ago I took a crack at writing a Gary Glinner spec script. Sadly, it doesn't have any abseiling vicars with vajazzles or whatever it was that Glinner Gang member wanted to see, but without a sitcom school to offer guidance, I'm reasonably happy with it.

Geniunely funnier and more well-written than anything he's put out in the last decade.

Kankurette

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 14, 2021, 09:04:07 PM
If they're pissed off at John Lewis for "pushing the trans agenda", why does all their shithouse terf poetry say, "waaahh, we're fine with little boys who wear dresses, waaahh." Clearly they don't think it's alright after all.
They're really not. These are people who think a man wearing nail varnish means he's either a screaming homosexual or a trans woman in denial.

sophie.pilbeam

It's a huge mess that they're not interested in untangling, because if they do they can't also cling to reductive certainties. They want to critique patriarchy on patriarchy's terms, so it goes absolutely nowhere and they're subsequently shocked to discover that only conservatives agree with them.

Milo

Quote from: Mister Six on October 14, 2021, 09:53:43 PM
Yeah, John Lewis based its marketing campaign, conceived and filmed months ago, on a Korean series that has basically blown up in the past few weeks.

I associate those colours more with Splatoon.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 15, 2021, 12:51:50 AM
blast from the past here

maniac

Love that this is what he was concerned about at the height of Lockdown 1.

kalowski

Sonny_Jim

You want unhinged?  Check out the comments section:

Pretty sure my dog just came back from the dead by reconstituting his ashes and ran into the room because that dog whistle was so loud.

These people sincerely believe that:

1.  There is a big coordinated global effort by the 'Trans Cabal' funded by Big Pharma to 'trans the world'
2.  The way Graham behaves actually helps their 'cause'
3.  That the world is going to come round to their way of thinking

I've noticed his SGB comments getting more and more right wing.  Wonder how his readers feel about his stance on abortion?  Or literally ANY OTHER FUCKING ISSUE apart from The Evil Trans.

Pink Gregory

wouldn't be surprised if he's revised his opinion on abortion, considering his support is all fucking transactional, it would seem.

jobotic

There is no other issue than the evil trans.

Maybe the homosexuals that don't conform to his view of what homosexuals should be.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on October 15, 2021, 08:15:32 AM
I've noticed his SGB comments getting more and more right wing.  Wonder how his readers feel about his stance on abortion?  Or literally ANY OTHER FUCKING ISSUE apart from The Evil Trans.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 15, 2021, 08:33:28 AM
wouldn't be surprised if he's revised his opinion on abortion, considering his support is all fucking transactional, it would seem.

They've been doing the "transition is morally wrong because it destroys young women's ability to be mothers" line for a while now, so it wouldn't be surprising if they drift further in this direction.

buttgammon

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 15, 2021, 08:33:28 AM

He seems pissed off that most of the people involved in the Repeal movement aren't transphobes, so I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly decided that they were wrong after all. He's convinced trans people in Ireland used the referendum as a Trojan horse for their own issues; this is totally untrue, and all it reflects is his own single-minded, transactional approach, which he's unfairly projecting on other people.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I keep telling you folks, only for his own wife needed an abortion he wouldn't have given a shit one way or the other. He's not a feminist. He's not an antifeminist. He never cared about feminism until it became a way for him to justify his own bigotry.

phes

I've noticed his SGB comments getting more and more right wing. 

He has distilled his readership down via a perpetual banana filter to a small gang of people who are really fucking weird

Alberon

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on October 15, 2021, 01:26:16 AM
Geniunely funnier and more well-written than anything he's put out in the last decade.

I liked that too. Nice use of the callback as well.

Alberon

Quote from: phes on October 15, 2021, 09:27:30 AM
He has distilled his readership down via a perpetual banana filter to a small gang of people who are really fucking weird

Who end up using their own insular terms and language to the point even us obsessives can't understand what they're going on about.

dissolute ocelot

retsuza

Quote from: Milo on October 15, 2021, 06:29:10 AM
I associate those colours more with Splatoon.

Nintendo has been Captured and is Transing our kids.

Sonny_Jim

A couple of weeks ago I took a crack at writing a Gary Glinner spec script. Sadly, it doesn't have any abseiling vicars with vajazzles or whatever it was that Glinner Gang member wanted to see, but without a sitcom school to offer guidance, I'm reasonably happy with it.
I enjoyed it as well, although I take issue with 'He never replies', should be 'They never answer'. 

Stop getting Glinner wrong!

phantom_power

1.  There is a big coordinated global effort by the 'Trans Cabal' funded by Big Pharma to 'trans the world'

This is the most amazing one really. When in America people are making huge money on cancer drugs and insulin and pretty much every other drug, why would they bother with the complicated process of trying to trans the world? Well not the most amazing, one of the top ten.

The Guardian not being a complete cunt about it for a change:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/14/language-society-trans-people-tolerance-debate-words

I mean, it's still a beige centrist rag and Zoe W is irritating, but I'm pleased at the thought that both Moore and Freeman will hate this.

Gusty OWindflap

That was great BFH. Hope you write another. Well done on the Turf Moor gag btw, very good.