Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chelmsford 123

Started by Famous Mortimer, October 04, 2021, 06:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/11099/chelmsford-123-return

Brought back for four new shows, which at least one news source reports will just be rewritten versions of old shows. When was the last time Mulville or McGrath wrote anything, I wonder? Still, I was a big fan of the original, so this should be worth a listen, at least.

Shit Good Nose

Is this McGrath trying to come back from being rapey?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 04, 2021, 06:06:05 PM
When was the last time Mulville or McGrath wrote anything

There was that text about a mattress a couple of years ago.

Couldn't resist it.

Icehaven

I didn't think anyone from this was still alive, but apart from Howard Lew Lewis they all are.

shiftwork2

Christ every time I see latter-day Rory McGrath I put the wine bottle back in the fridge.

phantom_power

It looks like Neil Pearson is impersonating Nick Mason in that old picture

BeardFaceMan

I was a big fan of the tv show but this isn't something I can get too excited about if they're really just retreads of old episodes.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It was always unfunny shit for cunts.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 04, 2021, 06:06:05 PM
https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/11099/chelmsford-123-return

Brought back for four new shows, which at least one news source reports will just be rewritten versions of old shows. When was the last time Mulville or McGrath wrote anything, I wonder? Still, I was a big fan of the original, so this should be worth a listen, at least.

Interested to see that Barnaby Eaton-Jones is behind this - so think it will be worthwhile.

Bennett Brauer

I didn't know that Mulville and McGrath were friendly again. Didn't they have a colossal falling out, or did I misread that?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Jimmy Mulville is one of those people who looks completely different after getting older, you know, like Jimmy Greaves. I wonder if this happens to all celebrities called Jimmy? What's Jimmy Carr going to look like in 30 years' time? Anyway, top Lisa JAMC lookalike Neil Pearson has exactly the opposite syndrome.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Have watched the whole thing 1 time and it felt limp, and a little bit "Look Mum and Dad, we have our own tv show now" am-dram, but not without some charming elements.

Mr Banlon

I used to get Jimmy Mulville and Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze mixed up.

dissolute ocelot

Is this the same as ITV2's Plebs? Togas are the sort of thing that people believe are funny but actually are not ever funny.

Shaky

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 05, 2021, 10:08:53 AM
Is this the same as ITV2's Plebs? Togas are the sort of thing that people believe are funny but actually are not ever funny.

Animal House would like a word.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on October 05, 2021, 02:16:23 AM
I didn't know that Mulville and McGrath were friendly again. Didn't they have a colossal falling out, or did I misread that?

Mulville and Denise O'Donoghue sacked McGrath from Hat Trick in the early 90s due to his drinking. That must have cost McGrath a few quid, although he did well out of appearing in They Think it's All Over for Talkback.