Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shat in space

Started by Das Reboot, October 04, 2021, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: Attila on October 13, 2021, 05:27:53 PM
I was stuck in a meeting -- did he emerge from the capsule with a goatee beard and a sinister twinkle in his eye?

No, but he did turn around in a dramatic way whilst some kettle drums were pounded.

JamesTC

Has a hilarious reporter asked him if he met any aliens yet?

idunnosomename

Joke'd be on them when he answered with anecdote that takes four hours

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 13, 2021, 04:12:57 PM
they talk about how reusable these spaceships are, but they'll have to scrap this one after they realise they cant get the smell of this fat old cunt out of it

bit harsh

unlike all my wishing death on them

Attila

Quote from: Blumf on October 13, 2021, 05:31:05 PM
No, but he did turn around in a dramatic way whilst some kettle drums were pounded.

Ah, I see!

Alternatively, was hoping for some real life variation of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBRZSD3RgKI

katzenjammer

The extras from the capsule should be getting worried now they're on the planet

PlanktonSideburns

coulda given shattoon an equal experience with a couplea strobe lights and some ket in the back of a susuki carry. could have had better production aesthetics also

Blumf

Quote from: Attila on October 13, 2021, 06:16:03 PM
Ah, I see!

Alternatively, was hoping for some real life variation of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBRZSD3RgKI

Would it have been too much to ask they had #195-290-1:

https://imgur.com/gallery/nNSGn

...in the background of the departure building?

(not sure who owns it now, since Modern Props closed, it must be in some props repository store,  or Trek fan's collection, somewhere, surely)

chveik

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 13, 2021, 07:46:41 PM
coulda given shattoon an equal experience with a couplea strobe lights and some ket in the back of a susuki carry. could have had better production aesthetics also

very good point. those rich cunts don't know how to enjoy themselves

idunnosomename

mothman

QuoteShatner's three fellow passengers were Audrey Powers, a Blue Origin executive; Chris Boshuizen, a former Nasa engineer and founder of the satellite earth imaging company Planet Labs; and Glen de Vries, chief executive of the clinical research firm Medidata Solutions.

It just sounds so... magical. Floating around a cabin for less time than it takes to boil an egg... with three rich cunts. These people are the new nobility (nothing noble about them), after the Jackpot (William Gibson term) they'll be the robber barons, and eventually monarchy, lording it over all the serfs. As with everything else in their lives, they'll know the cost of going into space, but they'll never understand the value. A life-changing experience? They'd have to be human first.

Is every flight going to be like this? Three rich cunts plus some beloved pop culture figure so we feel bad about hoping they all die in screaming flaming agony?

Vitamin C

Quote from: mothman on October 13, 2021, 08:30:05 PMIs every flight going to be like this? Three rich cunts plus some beloved pop culture figure so we feel bad about hoping they all die in screaming flaming agony?

I hope so. It won't be notable in any way if it's a group of rich people no one has ever heard of before. The rush to be the first celeb to die in space is on.

Cerys

Quote from: Attila on October 13, 2021, 05:27:53 PM
I was stuck in a meeting -- did he emerge from the capsule with a goatee beard and a sinister twinkle in his eye?

Doesn't he always?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: mothman on October 13, 2021, 08:30:05 PMIs every flight going to be like this?

I was wondering that.  With the flights in the 60's each one was better than the last.  Each time they'd tweak something and add something so each flight broke new boundaries.  Bezos is just going to go in "'space'" for 5 minutes each time isn't he?

idunnosomename

there will be 25% more hootin and hollerin and more bodacious high-fives from fucking chromedome supervillain anti-union dork

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 14, 2021, 12:44:27 AM
I was wondering that.  With the flights in the 60's each one was better than the last.  Each time they'd tweak something and add something so each flight broke new boundaries.  Bezos is just going to go in "'space'" for 5 minutes each time isn't he?

He isn't technically leaving the atmosphere to be honest, they say 'space' but it's 105-110km above the planet just for a couple of minutes only.

Cold Meat Platter

Stupid old fucking cunt.

Alberon

It's technically space, but it's like reaching base camp on Everest for five minutes and then heading back down claiming you've climbed the mountain.

It's not even a sub-orbital hop, just a glorified Vomit Comet.

The Mollusk

Just nipping off to space for cigs does anyone want owt

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 14, 2021, 12:44:27 AM

This is business now, so maybe it will get worse? This is the high watermark, the Ryanairification begins now

Alberon

Elon Musk is almost as big a bellend as Bezos, but if he does get his Starship to work for even close to the cost margins he's planning it really will change everything.