Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The girl with the vaginal smearing

Started by TrenterPercenter, October 06, 2021, 09:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 06, 2021, 04:16:15 PM
Yep.  But, rather boringly and un-controversially, just named after C&S's original Jermyn Street address.

How does that make it better? Stan Boardman would be having embolism.

bgmnts

Can you sculpt the air with your knob?

Goldentony

Quote from: bgmnts on October 06, 2021, 05:49:30 PM

you have to put the air's arse to sleep

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: bgmnts on October 06, 2021, 05:49:30 PM

No, but I can sculpt it with my rectum.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

pigamus

Mister Six

Quote from: Retinend on October 06, 2021, 09:59:58 AM
"I've always maintained that when you're on death row," she once said, "you should get last scents or last sounds, the same way you get last meals."

STUNNING.

BRAVE.

Video Game Fan 2000

I've had it up to here with perceiving and sensing things. Don't even talk to me about experiences. What a load of fucking shit. "oooh but its more direct than having ideas you fucking formalist" no it fucking isn't whats direct about it if it comes through half an inch of my filthy fucking skin. and then all the way up my crap arms.

that brain the monkey fucked in Doom Patrol, there was a real artist

Mister Six

Shouldn't the thread title be The Girl With the Vagin' Taboo?

TrenterPercenter

No because the pun is about Vermeer's "The girl with the pearl earring" because that is fine art not Stieg Larrsons literatory art "The girl with the dragon tattoo".

Philistines.

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

Last sound: We Spit On Their Graves by Sutcliffe Jugend
Last smell: Your mum

Cerys

I notice that Patsy Palmer is keeping suspiciously quiet about all this.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Cerys on October 06, 2021, 11:58:13 PM
I notice that Patsy Palmer is keeping suspiciously quiet about all this.

Which for her is quite an achievement.

chveik

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on October 06, 2021, 11:37:40 PM
I've had it up to here with perceiving and sensing things.

not with that attitude you can't mate

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 06, 2021, 11:43:25 PM
No because the pun is about Vermeer's "The girl with the pearl earring" because that is fine art not Stieg Larrsons literatory art "The girl with the dragon tattoo".

Philistines.

I have to admit, I did not know that.

I am a Philistine, though.

Paul Calf

I knew that! I knew that!

(I didn't, but I think I got away with it...)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Philistines.

I was trying to refrain from pointing this out in the Guffaw thread re someone doing a Stieg Larsson joke

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 07, 2021, 02:40:32 AM
I have to admit, I did not know that.

I am a Philistine, though.

'twas obvs, why else would someone stretch that hard?  And it's a real dad's picture[nb]In the sense of being utterly colour-supplementary.[/nb], not picking up does not make you a Philistine.  Not at all.  Tittering about front bottoms might.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 06, 2021, 03:51:36 PM
Fun fact for all you rose poo fragrance fans: 88 is also Ozzy Osborne's favourite. He's kind of the anti-Dracula though.

Do the neo-Nazis know about it? I imagine they'd be all over it if so, for so many reasons.

TrenterPercenter

The smearing was of course reference to vaginal swabs.  But I think if everyone had actually got on with what they should have been doing, and came up with some artistry-vagina puns then it could have morphed into something better.

imitationleather

Just nowhere near as good as our homegrown lads like Des Nilsen

EDIT: Wrong thread but it still applies

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 06, 2021, 01:47:15 PM
What if Wickus Vandermerwe had painted the girl with the rancid ring gauge earlobe instead?
(wanking as I type this)

Now everyone is on same page, here's another chance

Mister Six

Philistines.

Vaginal doesn't sound anything like pearl, though. It's not even the same number of syllables. You've fucked it, mate.

Absolutely fucked it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Mister Six on October 07, 2021, 12:58:45 PM
Vaginal doesn't sound anything like pearl, though. It's not even the same number of syllables. You've fucked it, mate.

Absolutely fucked it.

The the alliterative aspect of the pun is based around the "earring" word, the contextual element of the pun is based around the "vaginal swabbing" element of the story.

Combined together they create the best available punnage of "vaginal smearing".  Sure it is not an alliteratively perfect pun, puns need not always be, but "The girl with the dragon tattoo...etc" is dog eggs because it isn't related to the context in the first place.  "vaginal" might have three syllables but they are all short vowels and fit into "pearl" as it is an unusual long vowel (unusual because it is has a long vowel of "ea" but the addition of an "l" shortens it after like "curl" would be), hence why when you say

The girl with the vaginal smearing
The girl with the pearl earring

They fit and vaginal retains the "earl" at the end; a single syllabled "The girl with the muff smearing" does not sound right despite being the same number of syllables.

Please don't teach me how to suck puns my friend.

thenoise

Brevity is the soul of wit my friend.

WOMAN FART3D OUT GER CUNT LOL

Retinend

Quote from: thenoise on October 07, 2021, 03:30:48 PM
Brevity is the soul of wit my friend.

WOMAN FART3D OUT GER CUNT LOL

I know and he's trying to make out we're the philistines.

Blue Jam

The Girl With The Pearl Necklace? "Nah, it's just a spritz of Secretions Magnifiques"

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Retinend on October 07, 2021, 03:34:04 PM
I know and he's trying to make out we're the philistines.

Ok maybe not Philistines but it's not like any of you grunts ever sculpted anything out of the air.

Blue Jam

What if the next Turbine Hall exhibit was just a fuckload of linden trees?