Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitch Leak

Started by Ham Bap, October 06, 2021, 11:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham Bap

Change your passwords/enable two factor authentication if not already.
All earnings have been leaked too. Limmy looked a bit flustered when he found out on his stream there now.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-entirety-of-twitch-has-reportedly-been-leaked/

peanutbutter

As he probably should, it's not that hard to find out how much he has made as of a few weeks ago off the platform (seems like he was the 180th biggest streamer)

bgmnts

Trying to actually log into the cunt has reminded why twitch seriously needs binning. Even in the world of constant password recovery and authentications, trying to actually log into this cunt site remembering which 8 emails yoj have and your usernames and passwords. Shite.

So now I have an account for a service I dont ever use with my card details on that I cant actually access. Cheers twitch.

Cuellar

Phew, ditched my account a few weeks ago! Good timing me.

Cuellar

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 06, 2021, 11:16:56 AM
As he probably should, it's not that hard to find out how much he has made as of a few weeks ago off the platform (seems like he was the 180th biggest streamer)

Jesus. If that's accurate that's quite incredible.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Cuellar on October 06, 2021, 11:40:08 AM
Jesus. If that's accurate that's quite incredible.
I think that data was from a list of total revenue over the past 2 years, so it's possible some have had exponential growth since that would outstrip him. I suspect his growth was a lot more linear than some other people on it.

It def wasn't the monthly figures for September that seem to be also going around in a spreadsheet atm

I've never had a twitch account. Can not see the appeal at all. I tried with limmy in the early days but it's just so much nothing and noise.
I can't bear to watch other cunts play games at the best of times. A few of his stories were alright, but he's not good enough at improvising to do it unedited.
You often see people in the shmup discords going "gonna be on in ten minutes, just having my dinner" and then there'll be like ten people going "ah, nice one, will be there in a minute" and they all just go and watch this other guy playing a game. He doesn't even talk.
Madness!
Just fucking play yourself!
It's like when you were little and playing a game with your friend and you had to take turns, it's like actively choosing to be the guy sitting there waiting for his turn, watching the other cunt play. Madness!
One guy I know on another forum, spent a fortune on his streaming setup, gets like 1 or 2 viewers tops, pure deso and that's coming from someone who's more than happy to talk to himself in the shmup thread.

Cuellar

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 06, 2021, 11:50:30 AM
I think that data was from a list of total revenue over the past 2 years, so it's possible some have had exponential growth since that would outstrip him. I suspect his growth was a lot more linear than some other people on it.

It def wasn't the monthly figures for September that seem to be also going around in a spreadsheet atm

No, sure, but even for the past two years it's a lot of money.

Cuellar

Uncle TechTip

chveik

kin hell i didn't know twitch took a 50% cut of subscriptions.

Junglist

Quote from: chveik on October 06, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
kin hell i didn't know twitch took a 50% cut of subscriptions.

50% for most but the top streamers apparently have preferential rates where Amazon takes less.

stephenjwz

I guess questions would be does GrossEarning in this imply before the twitch 50% cut & does it cover all subs & bits or just one or other. I suppose there are a (more marginal) amount of donations via other sources too, reuse of footage on YouTube which also generates revenue... adds up regardless. Good on all those who are making it work for themselves tbf, especially folk like Limmy who've gambled on moving away from more reliable income elsewhere & won.

edit: reading the info around the pastebin link, some are saying it's over 3 years. sounds like at it's peak twitch had ~10m streamers streaming at least once in a month - admittedly not all full time necesarily - but by my guestimates if they were full time that'd mean only 3.5k of them earning uk minimum wage from twitch alone if the gross number is post-fees, ~1.5k if it's before fees? not great odds of success, and a high bar for it, if that's the goal.

MojoJojo

I only watch one Twitch person, and just the youtube highlights, but they've mentioned Limmy. Wasn't sure if he was just big and generally well known or it was just a fluke thing.

Ham Bap

For bigger streamers/earners its a 70/30 cut to the streamer. Some streamers have confirmed that the figures in the leak match what they've earned from Twitch.
The leak shows that across the whole platform a very small percentage are getting top money.

Fair play to them, no-one gives money under duress but i'd be reviewing my life choices if e.g. I was one of Limmys mods, who he doesnt pay, getting out of bed every day helping keep a channel run for someone lifting 5k a week.

For people asking about Twitch.
I do watch Twitch myself. Have it on whilst working from home. I game as well, not on Twitch, but watching someone stream a new game ive bought helps me get better.
Sick of watching repeats and soaps on TV as well. It's just additional entertainment for one of my interests, gaming.

Cuellar

Yeah, to a point I think fair play to Limmy or someone like that, he doesn't really monetize his stream much and is happy to punt other people's merch featuring his stuff for example, but I saw some tweets pointing out that the really big earners are taking big money from gambling websites etc. and promoting all that shit to their (presumably) young audience and it's pretty seedy.