Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Autumn is here

Started by Ham Bap, October 06, 2021, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham Bap

Who else loves Autumn?

Leaves falling off the trees, no noisy neighbours out the back blaring music, no need to cut the grass for another 6 months, a constant drizzle/chill in the air, dark evenings drawing in, Halloween and Christmas on the horizon.

And with things open we'll see Christmas markets and pantomines this year.

Lovely stuff.

Ham Bap

Agh, didnt see or clock that.
I shall be jovial in that thread instead.

Admin, please lock

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Ham Bap on October 06, 2021, 02:48:09 PM
dark evenings drawing in

This is a completely shit thing. First, a thread extolling it always pissing down, now this, what's wrong with you people?

greenman

Best season for me producing landscape photography anyway, probably makes up about half what I sell, not just the changing leaves but the weather conditions this time of year, more dramatic and a lot of misty weather/temperature inversions.

Summer tends to be the worst, barely got anything worthwhile this year.

mothman

I love Autumn. I should probably be getting depressed about it - another year over, that sort of thing - but I love the way the nights start getting darker earlier, we can just draw the curtains and shut out the night. I was always fairly reclusive without much of a social life, the pandemic has made it worse, any excuse to just really indulge the homebody side of my nature is a bonus. All my immediate important family's birthdays are between September and February, add in Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and, I guess New Year (not a fan of this latter). I don't watch Strictly but others in the family do, but having it burbling there in the background on Saturday nights (despite my best efforts to ignore it) is strangely comforting. I'm getting old, dammit, and while I'm not becoming more conservative as I do (some here might disagree), you cling on to your sureties and illusions of reality where you can get them. That's what Autumn means to me.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 06, 2021, 06:48:28 PM
This is a completely shit thing. First, a thread extolling it always pissing down, now this, what's wrong with you people?

They're Autumn-happy aren't they? A shared madness brought on by the smell of wet leaf bonfires

Cuntbeaks

Shrooms are well and truly out.

buttgammon

It's about 19 degrees here, like hell is this autumn!

Buelligan

We got that but I feel it's nippy.  It is nippy.  Blue sky has a fresh glassy edge.  Waking up feels more bed-wise and lingering, less springing.  It may be warm still but it's here.  Lit the fire last night.

mothman

One drawback to Octobers is how much darker it is in the morning, until the clocks go back. And it's already making it difficult to want to get out of bed in the mornings.

bgmnts

I just dont get out of bed to be fair. Spend most of the day in and around it. So Autumn is just pure cosiness. I love it.

mothman

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on October 07, 2021, 12:14:53 AM
Shrooms are well and truly out.

Saw one this morning,  left it be. There might be twenty next year.
That's how it works isnt it?