Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Started doing old man stuff

Started by shiftwork2, October 06, 2021, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 06, 2021, 09:25:23 PM
At what age should one start doing dirty old man stuff? I'm 40 years old, so should I start now and get a head start on the competition?

I'm presuming it'll all occur naturally. Just as I naturally matured and grew out of lusting after silly teenagers as I went through my early twenties, so I presume I'll grow back into it as I hurtle toward my sixties.

Dex Sawash

PlanktonSideburns

Leaning into it I am. Got a wearing my grandfathers woollen coat, started washing my fist at the sky if it starts raining

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Interesting. Do you soap up the fist beforehand?

Have started noticing how much more expensive things are than they once were - trivial things like bags of crisps.

Bought a bag of crisps for about 70p from a corner shop and was very close to making an old man comment like 'I can remember when these used to be about 20 new pence, you know ...' to a bored young shop assistant

Teetering on the edge of turning into a latter-day version of the kind of old git who would say things like 'I remember when you could get a slap-up meal, a night out on the town, a handjob, a middle-of-the-range Ford Cortina, 200 Capstan Full Strength cigarettes, a ticket to the European Cup Final and a big bag of quaaludes for sixpence-and-a-farthing'.

The Bumlord

Strolling with hands clasped together at the small of the back. Can't stop myself.

Sherringford Hovis

Genuine excitement when the new Lakeland catalogue arrives.

Ian Drunken Smurf

I used to have two pairs of pyjamas solely for the possibility of ever needing to go into hospital and wanting to make sure I looked smart. Now I have about 8 pairs solely to ensure that I don't get cold at night.

Ian Drunken Smurf

I am currently wondering where my fifth cardigan is. Fortunately working from home has spared me from getting a tie clip.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on October 07, 2021, 12:47:20 AM
Have started noticing how much more expensive things are than they once were - trivial things like bags of crisps.

Bought a bag of crisps for about 70p from a corner shop and was very close to making an old man comment like 'I can remember when these used to be about 20 new pence, you know ...' to a bored young shop assistant

Teetering on the edge of turning into a latter-day version of the kind of old git who would say things like 'I remember when you could get a slap-up meal, a night out on the town, a handjob, a middle-of-the-range Ford Cortina, 200 Capstan Full Strength cigarettes, a ticket to the European Cup Final and a big bag of quaaludes for sixpence-and-a-farthing'.

I raised this to a new level, by remarking what the Austrian schilling price equivalent was of a main course priced in Euro.

"Bald tot!" is German for dead soon.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Utterdrivel on October 07, 2021, 01:02:56 AM
Strolling with hands clasped together at the small of the back. Can't stop myself.

Lovely isn't it?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: pigamus on October 06, 2021, 07:08:02 PM
I turn lights off in a passive-aggressive way

Yeah, it's such a satisfying 'snap!' when done with aggression.

£30,000 for a bloody Kia??? You can get a Golf GTI for less than that!!!

Turns out you can't, and haven't been able to for about 15 years.

Tony Tony Tony

If it's good enough for Prince Charles....

Gawd bless 'im.

Jerzy Bondov

Stopping for a look at a building site

poodlefaker

really? eleven pounds twenty? are you sure? so how much is the pint? and the g & t is what? so the crisps are, what, about  one pound fifty? ok, hang on, i've got some more change here somewhere, won't be a minute.

Twit 2

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 07, 2021, 08:12:37 AM
Stopping for a look at a building site

Looking at house prices in estate agent windows, even though you're not looking for a house.

TrenterPercenter

At the ripe age of 41 I am now permanently wearing a knee support and ankle support for footy and have considered keeping them on for over activities.  Can't run for shit either; used to be able to smash 3 miles at a good pace (less than 2 years ago) no probs now I'm struggling to get in a mile without stopping.

Getting old physically is shit, getting old mentally is great though.

Johnny Foreigner

I find myself regularly checking for grey hairs amongst my gorgeous golden locks. I count myself lucky in still not finding any, even though 40 is approaching apace. When I met up with two old school friends three years ago, I was horrified to see them both grey as mice and partially bald. This was when it dawned upon me that, perhaps, I might not be immortal after all.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Twit 2 on October 07, 2021, 08:40:02 AM
Looking at house prices in estate agent windows, even though you're not looking for a house.

Looking at the interiors of a property on zoopla, and discussing the decor and the pros and cons of the layout, with absolutely no intention of ever living there

Fr.Bigley

I look forward to soup.
I watch gardeners world.
I tut at loud youths in pubs/restaurants.
I went clubbing recently and cried on my return.

Etc.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 06, 2021, 07:02:32 PM
Mate, I've got an electric one that plugs in and warms you up.

A heated blanket for the knees- you are living the dream my friend

Jerzy Bondov

Pink Gregory

Receding hairline at the corners.  To be honest I think it looks alright.  About the only thing that makes me feel 30.

Gurke and Hare

A notice board with historical information about an unremarkable street in an unremarkable town? Well, I'd better stop and read this no matter how much of a hurry I'm in.

thenoise

Quote from: poodlefaker on October 07, 2021, 08:24:15 AM
really? eleven pounds twenty? are you sure? so how much is the pint? and the g & t is what? so the crisps are, what, about  one pound fifty? ok, hang on, i've got some more change here somewhere, won't be a minute.

Oh look its poodle he still pays with coins like some medieval peasant.

Ferris

For bonus old man points you have to get one of those folding wallet coin holder things that just holds coins and pipe cleaners and bits of old string etc.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why not take it to the advanced level? Twiddle the thumbs of the clasped hands.

Cuellar

"Would you like a receipt?"
"Oh yes please"