Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

zodiac killer found

Started by madhair60, October 06, 2021, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

maybe the real zodiac killer was the cop friends we made along the way

Mister Six

How many zodiacs did he actually kill?

markburgle

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 07, 2021, 01:06:23 AM
He's always in the last place you look.

Speak for yourself. I always like to look in at least 4 more places after I've found what I'm looking for, that's just thorough

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mister Six on October 07, 2021, 01:52:41 AM
How many zodiacs did he actually kill?
all 12 I imagine. i mean if you kill a lobster it's not notable. but if you kill one along with a sheep, a bull, some twins, a lion, this user, some broad with scales, a scorpion, a centaur, a goat, some naked dude with a jug and a fucking fish well, you can see how you'd get a special name

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 07, 2021, 07:47:18 AM
all 12 I imagine. i mean if you kill a lobster it's not notable. but if you kill one along with a sheep, a bull, some twins, a lion, this user, some broad with scales, a scorpion, a centaur, a goat, some naked dude with a jug and a fucking fish well, you can see how you'd get a special name

Don't forget poor old Ophiucus. Killed to death while grasping his snake.

NoSleep

Quote from: pigamus on October 06, 2021, 07:28:08 PM
Didn't they find this bloke before? Wasn't he an ex-cop?

That was the Golden State Killer. Recent video about how that case was solved here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpq7tsK-kZk
Apparently so many people have now had DNA tests that, even if you haven't done so, they can trace you, at least down to a small number of individuals descended from a common ancestor.

imitationleather

Just nowhere near as good as our homegrown lads like Des Nilsen

peanutbutter

Doesn't the Fincher film basically be like "it was DEFINITELY this guy" by the end? Remember it seeming strange and unnecessary

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 07, 2021, 04:25:51 PM
Doesn't the Fincher film basically be like "it was DEFINITELY this guy" by the end? Remember it seeming strange and unnecessary
Not really, although I think it has an opinion. It's a really good movie, I reckon.

colacentral

The final scene more or less says "It's this guy." The film is well made but that part of it pisses me off. They could easily have made the same basic film but steered away from making direct accusations.

Goldentony

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 07, 2021, 04:25:51 PM

it's based off Jake Gyyyllllennnhall's book, the yellow one Graysmith wrote, which is all about yer man with the watch at the factory they question and they more or less just go with that. 2007 you didn't really have any better looking suspects, and by that I mean they were all shit and coincidental but Arthur Leigh Allen had enough coincidences to his name

bgmnts

If memory serves from school, it was either Aaron Kominski or Francis Tumblety.

popcorn

Quote from: NoSleep on October 07, 2021, 08:23:03 AM
That was the Golden State Killer. Recent video about how that case was solved here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpq7tsK-kZk

I don't think this is the right video but I hope you found a better guitar tone.

An tSaoi

One of the cops who let Zodiac walk right past him (after the Stein murder in Presidio Heights) later described him as looking Welsh. What the fuck did he mean? How does an American know what a Welsh person looks like instead of saying he looked British?

maett

Quote from: An tSaoi on October 07, 2021, 05:24:55 PM
What the fuck did he mean? How does an American know what a Welsh person looks like instead of saying he looked British?

Goldentony

One of the cops who let Zodiac walk right past him (after the Stein murder in Presidio Heights) later described him as looking Welsh. What the fuck did he mean? How does an American know what a Welsh person looks like instead of saying he looked British?

he had this on

An tSaoi

Ah that's how they didn't notice the blood stains.

Goldentony

did a decent valleys accent at the time aswell though on later reflection the cop said he must have just been doing a really racist Indian accent

Bigfella

Shouldn't we first of all concentrate on working out who Jack the Ripper was?  They've already narrowed it down to either a crazed doctor or an aristo, so that's half the battle.

NoSleep

Quote from: popcorn on October 07, 2021, 05:24:02 PM
I don't think this is the right video but I hope you found a better guitar tone.

Quote from: NoSleep on October 07, 2021, 08:23:03 AM
That was the Golden State Killer. Recent video about how that case was solved here: https://youtu.be/KT18KJouHWg
Apparently so many people have now had DNA tests that, even if you haven't done so, they can trace you, at least down to a small number of individuals descended from a common ancestor.

Correct link now included.

Video Game Fan 2000

One of the cops who let Zodiac walk right past him (after the Stein murder in Presidio Heights) later described him as looking Welsh. What the fuck did he mean?

he was carrying a large leg of lamb with a prominent tag that read PROPERTY OF THE LORD MAYOR DO NOT STEAL and was occasionally taking modest bites out of the blandest part of it

and was either 4'11 or 6'6

Cold Meat Platter

Are you sure he didn't say 'he looked well shady' and the end was cut off?

Goldentony

Quote from: Bigfella on October 07, 2021, 06:02:40 PM
Shouldn't we first of all concentrate on working out who Jack the Ripper was?  They've already narrowed it down to either a crazed doctor or an aristo, so that's half the battle.

not sure that you have to solve crimes by year like an RPG or something tbh

Chairman Yang

He's bound to slip up eventually.

Mobius

They need to string this cunt up by his bollocks.

George Oscar Bluth II

I'll say this: I don't agree with what he did. Hate on me for it if you want but that's my opinion.

Bigfella

Quote from: Goldentony on October 08, 2021, 12:07:32 AM
Indeed, you don't.  Just think it would be great if we found out for sure after all this time.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Goldentony on October 08, 2021, 12:07:32 AM

You do. I know for a fact that they will never identify Jack the Ripper definitively, so I simply make sure to commit all of my murders of prostitutes in 1892 or later, and they can never get me.