Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,396
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pat Fish ( The Jazz Butcher) Has Died

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, October 06, 2021, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The man who kindly let us know what the Velvet Underground would have sounded like had they been fronted by Neil Innes left this big planet, scary planet last night by passing away in his sleep peacefully last night at the age of 64 :(

ArtParrott

Ah man, a key figure in the lore of Spacemen 3 too. He was due to play near me tomorrow night but I couldn't go, bit of a moot point now.

the science eel

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 06, 2021, 07:35:19 PM
The man who kindly let us know what the Velvet Underground would have sounded like had they been fronted by Neil Innes left this big planet, scary planet last night by passing away in his sleep peacefully last night at the age of 64 :(

That's a really sweet and apt little tribute.

I didn't know much about him or the band, but (of course) had heard 'Southern Mark Smith'. Which sounds nothing like The Fall, which makes it somehow more special.

RIP

Catalogue of ills

I liked Jazz Butcher a lot. When I hear Jonathan Richman's Roadrunner it always seems wrong that it's not about Northampton. Also "Hindley, Brady, Arding and Hobbs" is a great line for people of a certain age.