Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't shake it.

Started by Fr.Bigley, October 07, 2021, 10:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

So avoided the 'vid, mostly been in much better health, but I caught the cold going around last month and I can't get rid, it's been 3 weeks. Do you reckon the cold and flu viruses are going to put people out hard this winter by virtue of eliminating it the last two winters?

Catalogue of ills

Have you tried vac-ing it?

PlanktonSideburns

I definitely had a particularly sticky cold/flu thing for ages, 4 week life force sapping bastard. Constantly negative Covid tests, started to think it was some long Covid shenanigans. Gone now tho

Icehaven

Oh great, I've had a stinking cold since Sunday (did a negative Covid test on Tuesday) and presumed it'd bugger off by the weekend, but now this thread's got me worried it's going to hang around for ages. Can't stop fucking sneezing, it's driving me mad. Now I know how those poor genetically inferior types who get hayfever must feel.

IsavedLatin

Quote from: icehaven on October 07, 2021, 11:02:40 AM
Oh great, I've had a stinking cold since Sunday (did a negative Covid test on Tuesday) and presumed it'd bugger off by the weekend, but now this thread's got me worried it's going to hang around for ages. Can't stop fucking sneezing, it's driving me mad. Now I know how those poor genetically inferior types who get hayfever must feel.

Yes, I have only just developed a particularly stinking cold the last couple of days, and was similarly feeling pretty good about it hitting mid-week -- legitimate use of sick time off work, but then back to fighting fit by the weekend.

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 07, 2021, 10:53:40 AM
Do you reckon the cold and flu viruses are going to put people out hard this winter by virtue of eliminating it the last two winters?

I do think there's something in this, whether that's down to the virus itself or just the subjective feeling of not having been ill and having sort of forgotten quite how draining 'just' a cold can be.

Glebe

Fr.Bigley

JesusAndYourBush

I had a thought, maybe this "really bad cold that's been going around" is the 'vid.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 07, 2021, 10:53:40 AM
So avoided the 'vid, mostly been in much better health, but I caught the cold going around last month and I can't get rid, it's been 3 weeks. Do you reckon the cold and flu viruses are going to put people out hard this winter by virtue of eliminating it the last two winters?

I had something like this repeatably for the two years prior to Covid; proper burrower that gave me ridiculous sinus problems and general feeling shit.  It was with me for about 5-6 weeks.

I theory yes we've lost two years "herd immunity" against the flu; however at the same time we've massively reduced it's spread due to lockdown so all depends where it has been keeping alive and mutating (I'm sure someone has been keeping an eye on it).  Still might mean in a few years it swings back.