Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,401
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Predicting the next big fashion resurgence

Started by The Mollusk, October 07, 2021, 03:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

The world's currently going through a huge trend of boutique style versions of shite you'd get from Oasis in Birmingham in the late '90s. New Rock-style platform boots, oversized trench coats, Nirvana shirts, cyber goth rubber chokers and bracelets.

BUT WHAT IS GOING TO COME NEXT?

Of course, the fucking '00s.

Dunno about you but I personally cannot wait to start seeing the streets of Camden flooded with cunts sporting THESE

with their ugly frayed ends sagging over a mismatched pair of THESE

and one of THESE

topped off with THIS

with HAIR LIKE THIS

maybe even with one of THESE delicately perched on top

What else is going to come back into fashion? VODDY RED BULLS? WOKE FHM MAG? NU-RAVE?

TELL US QUICK BEFORE IT HAPPENS IN LITERALLY A FEW MINUTES TIME

PlanktonSideburns

The Mollusk

THE YEAR IS 2026 AND EVERYONE IS DRESSED LIKE THIS

Fambo Number Mive

Three cornered hats like the French aristos wore in the 18th century.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 07, 2021, 04:03:00 PM
Three cornered hats like the French aristos wore in the 18th century.

"Stand and deliver! Your limited edition repress of the Babyshambles debut album on "wine splatter" effect vinyl, or your life!"

Pancake

I reckon stocky men will start unbuttoning their polo shirts

Shit Good Nose

Dunno about the pre-ripped/"worn" jeans - those came back a couple of years ago, particularly with young women (late teens and early 20s).  I noted in some shops that they were significantly more expensive (like a tenner, not just a quid or two) than the same brand of jeans without rips, holes and frayed ends.  Madness.

Back when we had that long hot summer (2016 was it?) I saw quite a few people walking around barefoot everywhere and there were loads of blogs and young trendy types on social media trying to popularise it, some of them purely as a fashion statement (it even made it as far as one of the big catwalks that year).  Fine in your own home and garden, on the beach, even in a field, but around town and on public pavements?  I was expecting it to be the next cool thing that every social media savvy youngster would start doing and then having a go at saddo plebs who had the fucking nerve to wear SHOES, but I was very glad to see that largely seemed to die off with that summer.

Icehaven

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 07, 2021, 03:56:38 PM
The world's currently going through a huge trend of boutique style versions of shite you'd get from Oasis in Birmingham in the late '90s. New Rock-style platform boots, oversized trench coats, Nirvana shirts, cyber goth rubber chokers and bracelets.

BUT WHAT IS GOING TO COME NEXT?

Of course, the fucking '00s.

Dunno about you but I personally cannot wait to start seeing the streets of Camden flooded with cunts sporting THESE

with their ugly frayed ends sagging over a mismatched pair of THESE

and one of THESE

topped off with THIS

with HAIR LIKE THIS

maybe even with one of THESE delicately perched on top

What else is going to come back into fashion? VODDY RED BULLS? WOKE FHM MAG? NU-RAVE?

TELL US QUICK BEFORE IT HAPPENS IN LITERALLY A FEW MINUTES TIME

Last time I paid any attention to what was in fashion all these things were still in, so I just presumed they still were.

gilbertharding

Has anyone else noticed the slowly growing number of women each summer who seem happy to wear shorts which expose half of their arse cheeks (obviously I mean half of both cheeks, not all of half the available cheeks).

Clearly it's none of my business. It has been noted, that's all.

Buelligan

The hi-tops and ripped mom jeans (but high-waisted) are à la mode here.

peanutbutter

If they're not already I assume soul patches will be making a bit of a comeback soon.

I gather both Crocs and bootcut jeans have had some kind of resurgence, so it's good to know I'm cool again.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 07, 2021, 04:22:32 PM
Has anyone else noticed the slowly growing number of women each summer who seem happy to wear shorts which expose half of their arse cheeks (obviously I mean half of both cheeks, not all of half the available cheeks).

Clearly it's none of my business. It has been noted, that's all.

A friend has noticed this a lot, they tell me they can't look anywhere but for them sometimes.

gilbertharding

Word to the wise: if you are old enough to have been there first time around, participation in the inevitable revival is not cool.

You will not look 'with it'. You will look as if you have forgotten to go shopping for 25 years.

This advice goes double if you are a man.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 07, 2021, 03:56:38 PM

Marcus Brigstocke looking good there (apart from having too many hats)

Pre cockdown I worked in Hoxton, the area was so achingly hip that folks would pop home at lunchtime to change T-shirts in case they had gone out of fashion that morning. If they ever let me back I will keep a weather eye out for trends to ignore.

bgmnts

If beige/grey ill fitting chinos and tshirts come back into fashion, i'll be fucking livid.

Buelligan

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 07, 2021, 04:28:47 PM
Word to the wise: if you are old enough to have been there first time around, participation in the inevitable revival is not cool.

You will not look 'with it'. You will look as if you have forgotten to go shopping for 25 years.

I'm not sure about that, I know a man who still has the Wayfarers he wore in the sixties and they still look pretty cool.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I've seen all the things in the opening post every day since they first emerged (on other people, not in the mirror)

Hoping slightly less skinny jeans come into fashion as that has fucked me for jeans buying for 15 years now. Not all people have spindly matchstick legs!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Buelligan on October 07, 2021, 04:30:38 PM
I'm not sure about that, I know a man who still has the Wayfarers he wore in the sixties and they still look pretty cool.

I suggest that illustrates the difference between style and fashion.

Wayfarers go in and out of fashion, true, but they never go out of style.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2021, 04:32:59 PM
I've seen all the things in the opening post every day since they first emerged (on other people, not in the mirror)

Hoping slightly less skinny jeans come into fashion as that has fucked me for jeans buying for 15 years now. Not all people have spindly matchstick legs!

I've only in the last few years got into the skinnier jeans - and I'll persist with them for a while yet, for the reason I outlined previously: If I were to wear 'Dad Jeans' right now, at my age, I'd just look like someone who'd literally bought their jeans at Asda - and I'm a tragic enough case to still care about this stuff (recalling the bullying my teenage self would have been subject to for such a faux pas).

The Mollusk

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 07, 2021, 04:32:59 PM

Ah mate skinny jeans have been out of fashion for ages. Baggy jeans are deffo back in with the kids, whilst older types like me have adopted the more sensible style of tapered straight cut trousers. I've got some lovely cotton/wool blend trousers in burnt orange with a cheeky bit of sock exposure which I might even wear to the meet this Saturday. Shame you won't be there to have a feel of them.

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 07, 2021, 04:36:53 PM
I've only in the last few years got into the skinnier jeans - and I'll persist with them for a while yet, for the reason I outlined previously: If I were to wear 'Dad Jeans' right now, at my age, I'd just look like someone who'd literally bought their jeans at Asda - and I'm a tragic enough case to still care about this stuff (recalling the bullying my teenage self would have been subject to for such a faux pas).

See above. Dad jeans are totally acceptable but you've gotta have a bit of tapering otherwise you look like you're off down the snooker hall for a Kronenbourg - NOT COOL!

Norton Canes

Most jeans worn around campus right now seem to be more holes than denim. One way to address the increase in cotton prices I guess.

Milo

poodlefaker

For years I've been predicting that second-hand t-shirts that people had made for stag/hen parties will become hipsterwear, but it hasn't happened yet

imitationleather

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 07, 2021, 04:28:47 PM

Me, patiently waiting for the teddy boy to rise once again.

gilbertharding

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 07, 2021, 04:41:45 PM
Ah mate skinny jeans have been out of fashion for ages. .

Well aware of this, thank you.

The Mollusk

Chollis

i've been wearing tapered straight cut trousers the whole time skinny jeans were in. does this make me cool? (yes)

Mr Farenheit

Remember cut-off jeans for men?

Like that but with suit trousers.