Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,353
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Predicting the next big fashion resurgence

Started by The Mollusk, October 07, 2021, 03:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 07, 2021, 04:36:53 PM
I've only in the last few years got into the skinnier jeans - and I'll persist with them for a while yet, for the reason I outlined previously: If I were to wear 'Dad Jeans' right now, at my age, I'd just look like someone who'd literally bought their jeans at Asda - and I'm a tragic enough case to still care about this stuff (recalling the bullying my teenage self would have been subject to for such a faux pas).

Similarly, 'mom jeans' do not look hip if one is old enough to be a mom (or, where I grew up, a nana by now)

Remember those black flame shirts

They're back

Icehaven

£125 to look like a skater that never skates.

Buelligan

Quote from: mippy on October 08, 2021, 02:05:06 PM
Similarly, 'mom jeans' do not look hip if one is old enough to be a mom (or, where I grew up, a nana by now)

What does?  And that's a pretty interesting question.  I think there are lots of really interesting looking people who are old, in fact, I'd go so far as to say that properly old seriously eccentric-looking people (that don't look like they're cos-playing) are often waaay ahead of the little kiddies.

All Surrogate

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 07, 2021, 09:22:42 PM
Mac Demarco brought dungarees back into fashion about 5-10 years ago, pops!

Get off my lawn!

thenoise

Pretty sure my old flame shirt is still at my parents' house, can't wait to get it out again!
And do an awkward sway dance with a bottle of VK in one hand and a fag in the other at the edge of the dancefloor to music I hate in Valbonnes nightclub, Torquay.

GoblinAhFuckScary

flame shirts are fucking awful and it feels people try to force it every few years ago but it never sticks

dissolute ocelot

Shirts with dragons on must be due a revival too.

These are meant to be the roaring 20s. It'll be party gear and glow-sticks all the way.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 08, 2021, 09:25:50 PM
These are meant to be the roaring 20s.

well there's actually a lil bit of a trend in the fashion mags of some very glammy ball-gown dresses which i REALLY hope will trickle down from couture to being a bit more normalised but not in the lazy way fast-fash sort of did renaissance by getting very fucking superfluous with ruffles where ruffles ain't meant to be. go the fucking whole hog already you cowards

Johnny Foreigner

Gents: bow-ties, top hats and monocles.
Ladies: flapper attire.