Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Herodotus

Started by bgmnts, October 07, 2021, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Again, not exactly pop culture but i've been listening to his Histories and fucking hell he's a massive prick tease isnt he? He'll start talking about something or someone interesting and then end it with something like "but I wont mention the name as it will be inappropriate" or some shite.

Glad the cunt's been dead thousands of years tbh.

Noodle Lizard

He's been accused of outright making shit up, as well. Basically the pub bore of his age.

(I do like him though)

bgmnts

I presume he makes up most of what he's saying but i'm okay with that because at least it gives us something to think on. Just saying nah wont talk about that actually is anti-matter and he needs a good kicking for it.

Enjoying it though.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Mr_Simnock

famethrowa

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on October 08, 2021, 12:12:07 AM
the father of lies?

I have read that a fair bit of what he talked about has been confirmed by archaeology and modern historian research. So I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's probably a harsh legacy??

I'm definitely going to check out Thucydides after this though, see if his stuff is any good.

Chollis

yeah when he starts talking about how much he can bench i just roll my eyes