Author Topic: Kids in the Hall on Amazon Prime  (Read 1236 times)

Kids in the Hall on Amazon Prime
« on: October 08, 2021, 08:48:29 PM »
Kids in the Hall is now on Amazon Prime. So that's nice innit.

I look forward to re-watching these, most of them for the first time in 30 years or so

Re: Kids in the Hall on Amazon Prime
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 08:57:02 PM »
I initially read that as King Of The Hill.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 09:00:00 PM »
Wait, is this the old series or the new one?

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 09:18:10 PM »
Seasons 1-5, all the original series. Doesn't seem to have Brain Candy or Death Comes To Town; they're meant to be making new stuff for Amazon but I guess that comes later. Amazon says

"The Kids in the Hall" is a unique and bizarre sketch comedy series that incites humor through an intellectual lens of comedic creativity and character driven sketches. The series brings to life the collision of art and comedy with an uncanny resemblance of current day realities and the human condition.
which is kind of funny.

BeardFaceMan

• mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 09:22:23 PM »
Yeah thats a lot of needless words there, they could have stopped after the first 13.

Been finding it hard to find much info on the new series, the pandemic halted production but they started filming again earlier this year, I'm sure/hoping it's due before the end of the year.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 09:53:08 PM »
"Hey you millionaires! Get outta that garbage!"

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 09:56:20 PM »
I'll have to check again to see if it's all still available (and even if it's there, I don't know if it's region-restricted in any way), but for those of you without Amazon Prime, KITH uploaded the whole series to their YouTube channel a few months back.

EDIT: Yeah, it's there, for us North American bastards at least.

Looking forward (with only moderate apprehension) to the new series - knowing that the likes of Julie Klausner are on board as writers is an encouraging sign.

Shall we rate the seasons? Oh, sure. For me, it's 2 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 4.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 11:10:26 PM »
Also on YouTube for us UK bastards too. Series 1-5 with what I presume are the dvd extras. They've added Death Comes to Town as well.

Johnny Foreigner

• Aspiring to be a true Restoration Man
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 09:21:37 PM »
I just wish the flying pig were here...

BeardFaceMan

• mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 02:40:06 PM »
Just started rewatching this because I got myself excited about the new series, quite forgot that Mark McKinney used to do his blues character while fully blacked up.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
Yeah, there was a sketch with Scott in blackface too, if I remember rightly, in the first series. As Tony, the boyfriend brought home for dinner by the girlfriend who thinks her parents are racist bigots.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »
Scott also plays the very minor recurring character, Raj, the long-suffering friend and housemate of McKinney’s overbearing Christine. Raj even pops up in the movie as a cab passenger.

Attila

• gif made by hedgehog90
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2021, 08:40:24 AM »
Perfect -- I haven't seen these in years (bought the DVD, but at the time I tried a rewatch, I hadn't realised just how strongly connected my memories of the show were to a very difficult time and place in my life; am hoping that I can sort a rewatch now).

Death Comes to Town is up on Youtube (or at least it was a couple of weeks ago_ -- highly recommended.

BeardFaceMan

• mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 11:59:55 AM »
Is it me or does a young Mark McKinney look a lot like Denis Leary?

Just got to an episode where Scott delivered the line "the only way I can cum is to get hit by a bus", his delivery of it fucking floored me. I forgot how rude they got in the first series, quite a few f-bombs too.

dead-ced-dead

• My legs hurt
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »
Just started rewatching this because I got myself excited about the new series, quite forgot that Mark McKinney used to do his blues character while fully blacked up.

This is my first watch of the show and that did give me pause, but otherwise, this show is really funny. I can really see why you old people enjoy it so much.

BeardFaceMan

• mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
To be fair, I think it may have just been the pilot he did that, every other time he's done the character it wasn't blacked up. I did get to the aforementioned sketch with Scott blacked up though, and that was very odd.

dead-ced-dead

• My legs hurt
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »
To be fair, I think it may have just been the pilot he did that, every other time he's done the character it wasn't blacked up. I did get to the aforementioned sketch with Scott blacked up though, and that was very odd.

It's not a huge deal. It was a momentary thing in an otherwise really funny pilot that just gave me a second of pause. It took me a while to notice that he'd been blacked up, because the makeup was so waxy.

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 10:51:45 PM »
Just noticed this now, giving it a go. To my shame I know absolutely nothing about this show.

I like THE ERADICATOR

Tags: