Author Topic: Firework cunts  (Read 1386 times)

Firework cunts
« on: October 09, 2021, 08:37:01 PM »
Someone near me has started letting them off so I suppose that'll be it for the next month or so, sporadic pops and bangs night after night. Makes me wish that the gunpowder plot had succeeded.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
Re: Firework cunts
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 08:39:13 PM »
Yeah had some very weird ones round here a week or ago at like 3am on a Thursday. Fuck knows why.

I swear to god growing up you'd hear fireworks on two evenings of the year: guy fawkes and new years eve.

Now you seem to get some every month, it's bizarre.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »
Scruffy cunts want them shoving up their hole.

JamesTC

• Helms calls for donut tax
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 08:55:55 PM »
The sheer distress it causes to so many greyhounds such as this one (and other dogs, I suppose) absolutely breaks my heart.

I hope all pricks who like fireworks blow their fucking arms off.

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 09:05:50 PM »
Absolutely fucking love fireworks. All of my favourite childhood memories involve doing something dangerous involving fireworks. I'd have them going off every night of the year if I could.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 11:28:02 PM »
The sheer distress it causes to so many greyhounds such as this one (and other dogs, I suppose) absolutely breaks my heart.
Three Halloweens ago someone round our way was having a full-on fireworks party.

Have you ever had a terrified seven-stone German Shepherd try to climb all the way into your lap?

I fucking have.

purlieu

• Gertrude Stein said that's enough.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 12:22:08 AM »
Yeah, I share this video every year. No amount of fun from the big sparkly lights can justify this sort of thing, and it happens to thousands of pets every year, not to mention the countless millions of wild animals. Throw in people with numerous anxiety disorders and a lot of autistic people and there are just no justifiable reasons to keep this shit going.

v00n

• Ah, personal text. Deep, and meaningless.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 12:30:28 AM »
Absolutely fucking love fireworks. All of my favourite childhood memories involve doing something dangerous involving fireworks. I'd have them going off every night of the year if I could.

Aye. Three cheers. Used to make our own, wi' nowt but a pestle & mortar, a pound or two of sodium chlorate, some sulphur, charcoal and a load of elbow grease.

None of this sodding about with sparkles, we had a cannon.

Johnny Yesno

• Perfume of a critic's burning flesh
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 12:51:27 AM »
Firework tits (7) is 'bangers', obviously, but I can't work out this cryptic clue at all. How many letters?

bomb_dog

• Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 07:37:54 AM »

seepage

• Undetectable in normal everyday use
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 08:39:34 AM »
Got 15 mins of free fireworks every Saturday until 4th December. Some big tree seems to have grown quite a bit in two years and is obscuring the view though. Hope it's deciduous.

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 08:46:56 AM »
I swear to god growing up you'd hear fireworks on two evenings of the year: guy fawkes and new years eve.
I mean, I don't know where you grew up or when, but 30 years ago in Cambridgeshire they were all year round - much more frequently than now. I mean, back then you could buy them all year round from the corner shop.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 08:51:31 AM »

I hope all pricks who like fireworks blow their fucking arms off.

I hope it does blow off their arms too,  stupid cunts

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 08:55:39 AM »
Fireworks in this country are entry level as fuck compared to China where it's normal to set off C4 in the lobby of an apartment complex and ignite incendiary devices on a gravestone. Sounds like an exaggeration right? I've just described Chinese fireworks.

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 09:16:41 AM »
Just one month of fireworks? I don't think there's a single week when you don't hear a firework go off round here. Back when I had a cat he was completely indifferent to them unless they were really close.

There's two all year round firework shops nearby, which also do vapes and shishas giving potential for comic mix-ups. There was also a phase of local crims robbing the annual pop-up firework shops that had poor security and selling them in pubs.

Because of global supply chain problems there are supposed to be fewer of them on sale this year.

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 09:20:08 AM »
I'm gonna blow up our boiler this year for a laugh. Crank up the valve to 140% and then leave the gas on for a few hours until the postcode is a memory.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »
Welephant disproves Rule 34

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2021, 09:30:17 AM »
I know little of how they work but would it be possible to have fireworks that make the pretty sparkles and all that but don't bang? I know thick fucks enjoy the noise but no one else does, so if they could be made to still do all the sky stuff but without the racket that'd be better. Might stop the fillets who let them off in daylight too, no point if you can't hear them as well as not seeing them.

seepage

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 09:31:34 AM »
^ some places now do LED light displays instead of fireworks

seepage

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 09:32:31 AM »
Had an argument with my partner whether fireworks are 2D or 3D.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »
Why can't Britain just have another lovely big war and be done with it?

They could start up the pal's brigades again, 1st Doctors - Exploding Diarrhoea and so on.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »
I would love that, about time we put some of these other countries in their rightful place again and put Britain back on the top of the map.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 10:39:00 AM »
Love fireworks! BOOM! Great stuff louder the better.  I was thinking this years bonfire night was going to be a good one what win the vid under control now.  Sadly I'm already out for friends 40th but otherwise I'd be straight to some display of some sorts.

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 11:02:11 AM »
It's only the first week of October. Also, my cat fucking hates fireworks so Bonfire Fortnight, because that's what it is where I live, is going to be fun. At least he's relatively used to noise because I always have music on, but I remember when I first had him and he just barricaded himself in the bathroom while the fireworks were going off.

Inspector Norse

• Very much the Myspace of STDs
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2021, 12:41:39 PM »
Someone near me has started letting them off so I suppose that'll be it for the next month or so, sporadic pops and bangs night after night.

Think you meant to post that in this thread mate

GoblinAhFuckScary

• Jess Phillips
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 12:46:33 PM »
fuck what's that morris quote off the R1 shows about fireworks. something like "FIREWORKS MAY SCARE YOUR PETS AND MAKE YOUR CHILDREN GET UPSET" in that whiny voice he would do

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2021, 02:17:56 PM »
Non-obligatory song from Kunt and the gang

Poor guy, just wants to retire but life just keeps giving him too much new material.

Looks like a nice pool room he's got there.

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2021, 03:01:44 PM »
I once spent New Years Eve in Cologne (the German city) and it completely disavowed me of the common idea that German people are boring strict followers of the rules. I've never seen such brazenly life-threatening firework use. They were being chucked inside pubs and everything. Whenever there was a slight lull in the explosions, all you could hear were emergency services sirens. Fucking beautiful.

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »
I once spent New Years Eve in Cologne (the German city) and it completely disavowed me of the common idea that German people are boring strict followers of the rules. I've never seen such brazenly life-threatening firework use. They were being chucked inside pubs and everything. Whenever there was a slight lull in the explosions, all you could hear were emergency services sirens. Fucking beautiful.

My German friend told me that in Germany it's illegal to buy fireworks for private use, with the sole exception of New Year's Eve, when "the Germans go crazy". He recommended that I try spending NYE in his beautiful home city of Berlin sometime so I can get to see what he was talking about. I love Berlin but right then I made a mental note to visit only at any time other than NYE.

Looks like he wasn't lying- some notes on stereotypically complex and convoluted German firework laws HERE:

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/german-expat-news/nye-what-you-need-know-using-fireworks-germany

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »
wasn't 1944 was it?

Tags: