Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Firework cunts

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, October 09, 2021, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I play the sound of fireworks at full blast for three hours a day to desensitise my cats. I've been doing it for six years and it hasn't had any positive effect, they live in constant fear, but I'm nothing if not determined. I will make their lives better eventually!

GoblinAhFuckScary

doing the lords work there

Butchers Blind

How much fireworks would you need to make an effective explosive terrorist device? Asking for a friend.

beanheadmcginty

If idiot dogs are such a bunch of fucking bedwetting cunts about the sound of lovely people cheering up their otherwise entirely miserable October and November with a few million beautiful glorious fireworks while trying not to tread in the huge stinking piles of awful stinking canine shit liberally discarded across our public spaces, has anybody ever filmed a pack of wolves in nature during a thunderstorm? I'd be fascinated to see how they react to one. I bet they barely register it.

nugget

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 10, 2021, 03:01:44 PM
I once spent New Years Eve in Cologne (the German city) and it completely disavowed me of the common idea that German people are boring strict followers of the rules. I've never seen such brazenly life-threatening firework use. They were being chucked inside pubs and everything. Whenever there was a slight lull in the explosions, all you could hear were emergency services sirens. Fucking beautiful.

The absolute chaos and mayhem of 'Silvester' in Germany demonstrates why Germans need to have strict rules to govern every other aspect of life.

itsfredtitmus

Lighten up, cunts (literally, light up!) Go ya mate's (if you have any), light a few up! Bomb! Blow! Explosion to cause wonder!

Glebe

Firework just went off a minute ago here.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ interesting post, that.

Alright mate, cheers.

shiftwork2

It was around a hundred times more interesting than any of yours tbf.

Brian Freeze

Our dog will be having her first fireworks experiences this year. Should I start her off with sparklers and then move up to the good stuff?

Going to be interesting to see how she does.

The Mollusk

Sparklers are deffo a good start before working up to bigger stuff. It all depends on how accommodating her anus is though.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 11, 2021, 10:48:54 AM
It was around a hundred times more interesting than any of yours tbf.

bit harsh.

Barry Admin

Fucking things are making me jump out of my skin every time they go off. I love fireworks but evidently am still a bit shocked from recent IRL stuff. They do look bloody amazing though; fireworks were banned here when I was growing up. I remember sneaking home loads of bangers and rockets from a school trip to France :-D

bgmnts

Eerily quiet here. One of those "it's quiet... too quiet..." feelings.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Spent New Years Eve in Rothenburg ob der Tauber and it was basically stick a rocket in a beer bottle and light it. Dramatic watching the wild fireworks going bezerkers off the ring walls of the citadel, less enjoyable when you see one pass right by your fucking head.

Quote from: bgmnts on October 30, 2021, 10:44:34 PM
Eerily quiet here. One of those "it's quiet... too quiet..." feelings.

After posting this thread a few weeks ago expecting night after night of shit fireworks, I too have been surprised by the lack of them this year. Looking at the sign outside of the pop up fireworks shop near me stating that there have been supply issues this year, maybe Brexit has fucked over the firework cunts? In the grand scheme of things it's a tiny microns thick silver lining but in these bleak times I'll take it.

flotemysost

With pets, I wonder if it's a personality/upbringing thing. My childhood cats pretty much leapt out their skins at any loud noise (including fireworks) but the vacuum cleaner was their true bête noire, even the sight of it would make them hiss and puff their fur up. My brother's new kitten on the other hand just sits there contentedly purring and chilling like fuck while they hoover right next to her, so hopefully she'll be alright with fireworks too.

Can take or leave firework displays, quite like it when they just happen to be there when in the background I'm walking home but fuck queuing up or paying over the odds to sit there gawping at them as an evening's activity. And having been in crowds where some absolute ledge's chucked a lit one into the fray I'm a bit nervy of being near them.

Diwali this year is 4th November btw, so if you've got people who celebrate nearby then it might be quite a bangy week.

Steven88

They were at it all night tonight, one of the many consequences of living in a scruffy northern town.

Milo

Had some thumping into the underside of an elevated section of road as I drove on Saturday night. I could feel the impacts.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Siouxsie and the Banshees wisely reconsider song title.

Attila

Someone locally here decided to have a fireworks night last night til about midnight.

I think with pets it's all in how you react, yourself, too. My mom would make a huge fuss about thunder and fireworks around our dogs, and as a consequence, they were terrified as fuck. In fact, that's how she managed to kill her beloved little dog -- every time a big thunderstorm was due in, she'd dose the dog up with tranquilisers, and the combo of this poor dog being stressed to fuck with storms and an overdose killed the poor little thing. (My mother was more devastated over that than anything that ever happened to me or anyone in the family.)

My ex fussed over our dogs when they were puppies when we had thunder, and we ended up with neurotic dogs.

On my own, I've made deliberately zero fuss over fireworks or thunder with new-to-me cats, and they're oblivious except for opening one sleepy eye on the first bang, seeing us not reacting, and dozing back off. I housesat for a big dog for years who was the same, because her owner did not make a fuss.

Our current set of cats came to us as a group, all older cats dumped at a shelter by the children of their late elderly owner, and we worried they might be 'trained' to react to fireworks. Initially I think they were alarmed by the first set of bangs, but they looked to us for cues, as well. It's hard not to want to cuddle or fuss, but fortunately, they're not bothered. (They are idiots about other things though, to compensate, and at the moment two of them are running laps through the house like maniacs).

Head Gardener

Dundee prepares for Bonfire Night

Bigfella

Total silence here. Usually on 4th November it's a steady pop-pop-pop, followed by the Battle of the Somme on the big day.

We had an insane amount being let off yesterday but it was for Diwali. This year has been quiet otherwise.

GoblinAhFuckScary

went to a big fireworks display on weds. felt so cathartic watching it up close it made me cry a little. big noises :)

i have to work tonight and tomorrow night and i'm honestly a little devastated. it's amazing having something big and impressive just to shake you out of whatever fog your brain's in

bgmnts

Full on firework cuntage going on now. Forgot how irritating it was as it's been relatively quiet.

People get their bang bang flashing lights like the four year old they are, fuck it. Just wish it didn't scare the fuck out of the animals really.

batwings

Malcy

Constant now for over 3 hours. Fucking sick of it.

bgmnts

Quote from: batwings on November 05, 2021, 08:09:45 PM

Can you draw us a comic of a cat shitting itself and cowering in fear under the sofa cheers.

Egyptian Feast

I can recommend having a window seat on an evening flight into London on Diwali. It really does look amazing from up above and you have the added bonus of not hearing the accursed things.

I haven't heard them much this year until last night, aside from the odd one at stupid times you expect to hear every now and then, but it's nothing on what it used to be like about 10 years back for the whole season. Kids have less money to uselessly set off fireworks in broad daylight these days, perhaps. Last night was noisy as fuck, I dunno if it was more than usual, but it definitely annoyed me more than usual. They were going off constantly nearby well into the morning. I was just drifting off around 2am when someone close by started their apocalyptic display, which was very considerate of them.

Some Tory cunt I hadn't heard of before reckons drug dealers use them to announce availability in the area, which sounds like a right faff around compared to sending out a WhatsApp message.