Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My icon has disappeared

Started by v00n, October 09, 2021, 11:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00n

And there seems to be no way to get it back.

Man is depressed by this.

Cerys

Have you tried the power of prayer?

wosl

Cerys' av is terrifying if you duplicate the layer, overlay it, mirror reverse it and halve the opacity:

Cerys

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

v00n

Quote from: Cerys on October 10, 2021, 12:08:22 AM
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Hahaha as if by magic, it reappeared.

All is now well with the universe.

v00n

v00n

Quote from: wosl on October 10, 2021, 12:05:44 AM
Cerys' av is terrifying if you duplicate the layer, overlay it, mirror reverse it and halve the opacity:

:-O

wosl

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: v00n on October 10, 2021, 12:15:53 AM

Is it from the series 'The Prisoner' by any chance?

Rev+

On a similar note, I've been chucking the site a couple of quid a month for a year or so now, so where are my golden waffle things under my username? 

(Don't actually give a bollocks, I'm in on the skinflint level).

Barry Admin

Quote from: v00n on October 10, 2021, 12:15:53 AM

Yeah I fixed it mate :-D moved it to another host in the other thread. Good to see you, hope you're keeping well!

Barry Admin

Quote from: Rev+ on October 10, 2021, 01:19:42 AM
On a similar note, I've been chucking the site a couple of quid a month for a year or so now, so where are my golden waffle things under my username? 

(Don't actually give a bollocks, I'm in on the skinflint level).

I'll waffle you now! Sorry about this, and thanks so much for supporting the site, it is very much appreciated.

This stuff is supposed to sort itself out on its own, but seems to glitch out when some people start or cancel subscriptions. 

I find it hard to keep up with everything and only check email once a month[nb]My email is an absolute mess, with ranting banned posters and spam and such. I swear, every single Wayne Carr in the entire world doesn't seem to know their own addy, so I end up getting notified about all their fucking pizza deliveries, truck part purchases, and motorcycle club memberships[/nb] - if that. So when I see these I do send out a thank you email and check the settings manually myself, but... Yeah, basically I'm hopeless, and if anyone reading this needs such settings looked at, please do drop me a PM.

v00n

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 10, 2021, 01:11:13 AM
Is it from the series 'The Prisoner' by any chance?

10 brownie points, sir.

v00n

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 10, 2021, 01:31:28 AM
Yeah I fixed it mate :-D moved it to another host in the other thread. Good to see you, hope you're keeping well!

Why, thanks, mod!

I'll be spending more time on here, due to Zuckerberg etc.

Readers: feel free to block, I'm used to it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Glebe

Cerys

One for the New Verbwhore Names thread.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: v00n on October 10, 2021, 08:02:38 AM
10 brownie points, sir.

On a forum I ended up asking to be barred from some years ago, I started going on about what a truly great comedy performer Kenneth Williams was and how I still do impressions of him, and some geek cunt replied genuinely assuming I'd meant the fellow In your avatar.

Rev+

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 10, 2021, 01:37:14 AM
I'll waffle you now!

Thank you!  If I was particularly arsed I'd have mentioned it before now, it's just that I thought that should be the sort of thing that automatically kicks in.  Which as you say it is, except when it doesn't.

v00n

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 10, 2021, 12:23:44 PM
Why would people block you?

I don't know, on here, probably not - as in-yer-face humour is the foundation of the whole site.

Too many years on Twitter and FB has made me expect it, I guess!

v00n

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 10, 2021, 01:31:28 AM

Thanks, Barry. :-)

What happened to Neil [removed]? I'm not even sure that 'Corporate' Dave G is still scanning the forums here.

Whatever; I'm sure it's all fine and dandy and grandy. Huzzah!

Barry Admin

v00n

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 17, 2021, 04:14:48 PM
That's me that's me :-)

Haha hey Barry me old China plate.

Good to see this thing has outgrown BEMLi (OK it still exists, but the Sainted NM has abandoned it).

I know he still hosts this site, so I won't say any more.

v00n

Quote from: Jake Thingray on October 10, 2021, 09:11:06 PM
On a forum I ended up asking to be barred from some years ago, I started going on about what a truly great comedy performer Kenneth Williams was and how I still do impressions of him, and some geek cunt replied genuinely assuming I'd meant the fellow In your avatar.

Christ on a chat show, how would one do a recognisable impression of Kenneth Griffith?

Maybe don the wig, and say "I! I! I!" over and over again.

Barry Admin

Quote from: v00n on October 17, 2021, 06:05:14 PM
I know he still hosts this site, so I won't say any more.

He hasn't hosted it for years mate

v00n

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 17, 2021, 06:25:57 PM
He hasn't hosted it for years mate

That's interesting, because the domain registration still says Positive Internet, but then, that's just a certificate.

Barry Admin

Yeah I still host the domain name with em, but outgrew the shared hosting there so moved on after a ransomware attack mate.