Author Topic: Could you please stop doing that?  (Read 1802 times)

Could you please stop doing that?
« on: October 10, 2021, 01:55:06 AM »
What a lovely evening. I'm really enjoying this walk. Argh! There's litter on the pavement. Now I have to pick it up and put it in the bin. I'd better pop in my earphones and listen to some music to relax myself after that frustrating incident. Oh, blurgh! My earphone wires are all tangled. Now I need to spend a couple of minutes untangling them when I could have been listening to a song! I'd better just go home before I blow my top . . . Ah, home at last. Wait? What's that thumping sound? Fnargh! Bloody neighbours with their loud music! Now I need to -

Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there. I was just dealing with a few of my pet peeves.

We've all got them, haven't we? Those little things that make our teeth grind and our fists clench. Some live by the old saying 'don't get mad, get even'. While I certainly don't live by that mantra, I've dipped my toe in the water. I mean, we all have to go balls to wall sometimes, don't we? One evening, my neighbour was persistently coughing. A couple of coughs every minute or so, audible through the wall. Annoying, huh? So I started coughing twenty seconds or so after he coughed, cleverly leaving a long enough gap so my revenge wouldn't be obvious, but making sure to get the cough in before he did another one. I showed him.

Another time, someone was walking slowly in front of me, so I pushed them into traffic.

Woah, don't call the cops! That was a joke! You should never go as far as to actually kill someone.

So what grinds your gears? And have you ever tried to do anything about it? Did you even score, or did you make things worse?

chveik

• crazy bit of business
Re: Could you please stop doing that?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 01:57:52 AM »
are you a narc? you sound like one

PlanktonSideburns

• Get on the fet STAT
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »
Malcy enters thread wearing severed neighbours cat’s head, blue flashing lights reflecting in his eyes

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 09:38:16 AM »
Malcy enters thread wearing severed neighbours cat’s head, blue flashing lights reflecting in his eyes

Sounds like a plan!

madhair60

• ころねすきー
  • Golden Member
  • Thank you forever
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
no, I have no pet peeves.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 10:04:57 AM »
I get irritated by people moaning about all this trivial shit all the time. You could be dead tomorrow you fucking dickhead, I say to myself for getting annoyed by them.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »
As Chedders says

You are a fragile lump of soft biological material strapped to rock with a molten core that is hurtingly around a giant nuclear sphere of hot plasma; we think it won't explode at anytime soon, but we've a got a sample group of one and we can't for be 100% sure.  This giant bomb is hurtling though the void itself at 25 miles per second with all matter of things that could potentially go wrong; from annihilation by other giant rock, to annihilation by giant death ray of other exploding star.  Back home on the rock even your cells are conspiring against you from their vulnerabilities to parasites and viruses to themselves thinking fuck it I'm going turn cancerous or getting a blood vessel to burst in a place it really shouldn't.

Try thinking of this the next time someone is coughing within ear shot.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 10:50:56 AM »
As Chedders says

You are a fragile lump of soft biological material strapped to rock with a molten core that is hurtingly around a giant nuclear sphere of hot plasma; we think it won't explode at anytime soon, but we've a got a sample group of one and we can't for be 100% sure.  This giant bomb is hurtling though the void itself at 25 miles per second with all matter of things that could potentially go wrong; from annihilation by other giant rock, to annihilation by giant death ray of other exploding star.  Back home on the rock even your cells are conspiring against you from their vulnerabilities to parasites and viruses to themselves thinking fuck it I'm going turn cancerous or getting a blood vessel to burst in a place it really shouldn't.

Try thinking of this the next time someone is coughing within ear shot.

Sorry could you repeat this? Someone was coughing.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 10:54:47 AM »
You need me to repeat a post which is viewable in text on a public forum and that you just quote repeated?

I'm not sure you thought this through.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 10:59:46 AM »
Grit my teeth and ignore them.
You need me to repeat a post which is viewable in text on a public forum and that you just quote repeated?

I'm not sure you thought this through.
He's joking.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
I get irritated by people moaning about all this trivial shit all the time. You could be dead tomorrow you fucking dickhead, I say to myself for getting annoyed by them.

Imagine if that's actually how life worked. Bliss.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »
He's joking.

Really I hadn't any idea; I thought someone had literally coughed and that had interfered with the posters ability to read the words in front of them.  This is such a shame because I love jokes and would have enjoyed it had I realised.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Sorry, it's hard to tell sometimes if people on here really didn't get it or are just being sarcastic.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 11:21:05 AM »
Sorry, it's hard to tell sometimes if people on here really didn't get it or are just being sarcastic.

I did get the joke I was just joshing eagle-bearer back in the same dismissive way they did to me.

All a bit of silly fun : )

seepage

• Undetectable in normal everyday use
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 11:44:33 AM »
I keep reading OP username as 'eager_beaver'.

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 11:46:37 AM »
I used to be plagued with rowdy neighbours, but I'm ok now I live in a village. If I ran things, all the noisy people would have to live in the same block. The man in flat 5 isn't bothered when the woman in flat 4 puts on loud dance music at 4am- he's too busy hammering out a new part for his Vauxhall Astra.

Cerys

• Bionic-Arsed
  • Golden Member
  • Cyber Engineered Ravaged Yakking System
    • The Brainwrongs of Cerys
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »
When I miss a small piece of what someone says, say 'sorry, what was that last bit?' - and they repeat the whole damn thing from the start.  Or even worse - they go into an explanation of an aspect of what they've just been talking about when I didn't actually hear them the first time.  Argh, etc.

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2021, 11:53:42 AM »
Imagine if that's actually how life worked. Bliss.

The joke was the inversion that I myself was unable to avoid getting annoyed by trivia, despite my trite advice.

But I was also having my cake and eating it, mocking the griping and whining at the the same time.

GoblinAhFuckScary

• Jess Phillips
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 11:58:25 AM »
Another time, someone was walking slowly in front of me, so I pushed them into traffic.

Woah, don't call the cops! That was a joke! You should never go as far as to actually kill someone.

bazinga

Ham Bap

• I’m a ham bap.
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 12:46:56 PM »
People in work who believe that because im a good listener and problem solver with work issues, think that extends to their life problems.
They try and use me as a sounding board for their personal issues, and despite giving reasonable advice through the years keep complaining about the same issues.

So people who just want to moan all the time, which in turn makes me moan about them.
They then become surprised when you block them on your personal mobile number and stop taking their calls on mobile and work phone.

In fact all my pet peeves are from work people, people who you're forced to spend most of your waking hours with.

Glebe

• You must have realism, Spike.
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 01:22:17 PM »
People are animals.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 01:41:39 PM »
People are animals.

Depeche Mode consider etc..

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 03:23:13 PM »
Depeche Mode consider etc..

Bloodhound Gang take notes

Johnny Foreigner

• Aspiring to be a true Restoration Man
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 11:05:02 PM »
Well, many people seem to struggle with the complicated technology of pedestrian traffic lights, in that they fail to grasp the concept of pressing a button under a sign that says 'Press the button'. Instead, they merely stand bewildered by the zebra crossing, hoping the light will somehow magically turn green of its own accord.
Whilst it is my firm conviction that such people are scum and should all be deported and gassed, I can't really be arsed to engage with them or ask whether they could please press the button. After all, it's only their loss for being filth and pondlife.

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2021, 11:51:31 PM »
Just pray to god you never move in 15 feet from a CrossFit business with a corrugated iron roof and no sound insulation whatsoever. Absolute cunts. I'm sure CrossFit business owners are sociopaths. 6.00am, time to start jumping up and down on a wooden floor screaming and shouting with What is Love by Haddaway blaring at 100 decibels. Scum, subhuman scum.

Fuck the neighbours who might be trying to get some kip. This is exactly what I want to do at this moment, who cares about other people or being considerate. Because I am a selfish cunt.

Told the council 2 years ago they've done sweet fanny fuck all.
Told the cops, they're not interested at all, sounds a bit like hard work to them.
Told property management company, not my problem pal.

I console myself by sending rude texts and emails to the CrossFit cunts and even spoke to him once. It dies down for a few days then goes back to like before. He took note of my number and stopped answering my calls.

Marjorie Taylor Green (right wing nut job politician in America) owns a gym so that makes sense. Are all gym owners cunts? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes. They're one step below a hangman and one step above landlords.

canadagoose

• inoperable brain bum hole
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 11:54:32 PM »
Just pray to god you never move in 15 feet from a CrossFit business with a corrugated iron roof and no sound insulation whatsoever. Absolute cunts. I'm sure CrossFit business owners are sociopaths. 6.00am, time to start jumping up and down on a wooden floor screaming and shouting with What is Love by Haddaway blaring at 100 decibels. Scum, subhuman scum.

Fuck the neighbours who might be trying to get some kip. This is exactly what I want to do at this moment, who cares about other people or being considerate. Because I am a selfish cunt.

Told the council 2 years ago they've done sweet fanny fuck all.
Told the cops, they're not interested at all, sounds a bit like hard work to them.
Told property management company, not my problem pal.

I console myself by sending rude texts and emails to the CrossFit cunts and even spoke to him once. It dies down for a few days then goes back to like before. He took note of my number and stopped answering my calls.

Marjorie Taylor Green (right wing nut job politician in America) owns a gym so that makes sense. Are all gym owners cunts? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes. They're one step below a hangman and one step above landlords.
Sounds like a bloody nightmare. Can you piss through their ceiling and get urine all over their fancy CrossFit equipment?

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2021, 12:00:11 AM »
Sounds like a bloody nightmare. Can you piss through their ceiling and get urine all over their fancy CrossFit equipment?

My knob isn't that long unfortunately.

Pink Gregory

• a perfect eggy
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2021, 12:12:50 AM »
Apparently I've started using a dismissive sounding "yeah...yeah" instead of a "yes" or "ok" and I think it's making Ms. Gregory think of practical ways to garotte me.

Not my fault that I develop speech habits apropos of nothing that are extremely annoying, is it?  I mean even the way I am writing this post makes me sound like a five dollar words tryhard but this is how I speak.

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »
When covid hit last year, one of my small comforts was that people who noisily slurp on their fingers after eating with their hands would soon be dead.

When I miss a small piece of what someone says, say 'sorry, what was that last bit?' - and they repeat the whole damn thing from the start.  Or even worse - they go into an explanation of an aspect of what they've just been talking about when I didn't actually hear them the first time.  Argh, etc.

Oh I get this too, my hearing itself is fine but often I'll just miss a word or two and then it descends into an unnecessarily hellish rigmarole.

"And then he didn't even get home in time fghrthgfhh hgthghh anyway."
"He didn't get home in time for what?"
*impatient sigh* "HE - DIDN'T - GET - HOME - IN - TIME-"
"Yeah I got that, I just didn't hear the last-"
"God your hearing is so shit"
*murders each other*

Or I just pretend I heard and nod along like a fucking imbecilic Churchill dog.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »
If I say something and my wife asks me to repeat it, I always rephrase slightly in hope that different words will convey more succinctly. She gets very annoyed because she can hear I rephrased and assumes it is because I assume she is too thick to understand my big words. I sound like an Appalachian version of Boomhauer if I am relaxed about my diction.

Tags: