Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,309
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whistling

Started by pancreas, October 10, 2021, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Some bloke just started whistling on the train in the seat in front of me. Had the audacity to feign surprise when I gave him the evils and asked him to stop. 'Yes, to stop whistling, please.'

I think I'd probably prefer waterboarding to whistling.

El Unicornio, mang

My window cleaner does it incessantly. It's annoying but is a useful signal that I need to start hiding in whatever rooms he's not looking into.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on October 10, 2021, 02:22:27 PM
Some bloke just started whistling on the train in the seat in front of me. Had the audacity to feign surprise when I gave him the evils and asked him to stop. 'Yes, to stop whistling, please.'

I think I'd probably prefer waterboarding to whistling.

Pardon my disbelief old son, I'm taking it here that you would be the subject of the waterboarding, not the one administering.  Madness, only in Broken Britain. 

eagle_bearer

I'm sitting in a train at the moment, and I was happily whistling away because it lifts my mood. Imagine my genuine surprise when some guy gives me evils and asks me to stop!

pancreas

Come and introduce yourself! I don't bite!!!!!

Lol maybe though!

JOKES!!!!!!

madhair60

imagine actually whistling.

bgmnts

Just put earphones in and listen to music. Probably costs little more than a tenner all in.

The Mollusk

If you hate whistling you are effectively saying you hate to see people happy. That's perfectly acceptable though, it's definitely my excuse. Fuck whistlers.

Buelligan

Whistler Motherfuckers.

Blue Jam

Growing up I had a nextdoor neighbour who owned some kind of parrot or other bird that could mimic sounds. It would sometimes mimic their phone ringing, but mostly it liked to mimic the whistling bit from Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay. This would have been quite impressive if only it could actually finish the entire melody and didn't always, always, always stop a few notes shy of the end.

I think my reaction of having a strong desire to pop round and nail its beak to a board was entirely reasonable.

pancreas

Blue Jam

Actually I could have just jammed its beak into the centre hole of the Otis Redding CD couldn't I? That would have shown him. Probably.

Imagine being Otis Redding's flatmate. I wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

BeardFaceMan

Used to work with a bloke who whistled, seemed to be some sort of physical reaction that meant he started whistling whenever he stepped foot in the mess room. And if he was whistling tunes that would be something, but it was never anything recognisable, not even tuneful, just random whistling noises.

Vinnie01

I have a tendency to dissociate in public and ignore everything, so this sort of thing is rarely noticed.

beanheadmcginty

I'm baffled by the amount of annoyance people seem to harvest from other people just doing what other people want to do. However, on the specific subject of whistling, I've observed that it is primarily employed by men who are in a situation where they are uneasy but they want to project the idea that they are fine with it. Therefore, if you know a bloke who is a big whistler they are probably of a slightly nervous disposition but are doing their best to hide it. That's why you don't get it with young people. They can just stay at home instead.

Cerys

I whistle a lot, but I only really do it at home.  Maybe it's because I subconsciously know how much it tends to piss people off.

BeardFaceMan

I'm like John Sparkes, I can only whistle sucking in, not blowing out.

Butchers Blind

Nothing worse than inane whistling with no discernable tune. If you insist on whistling, at least have structure to it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cerys

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 10, 2021, 04:07:35 PM
Nothing worse than inane whistling with no discernable tune. If you insist on whistling, at least have structure to it.

Hell, yeah.  I whistle like a fucking maestro.

Fambo Number Mive

I find the noise of whistling very distracting and annoying, it's bad enough hearing someone walking past whistling but having to sit on a train with someone whistling? Ugh. I also associate whistling with people being active (working outdoors, walking) so sitting and whistling seems a bit odd.

If I was on the train with you I'd have been thinking "way to go, pancreas! way to go!"

madhair60

having a whistle are you, just having a little whistle there yeah, just having yourself a whistle, not a care in the world, a little whistle on the sly, little bit of whistling, yeah, just whistling, all oh everything's right and well, having a little whistle, is that your game, but to what end? to what end? to what end? to what end? to what end? to what end? to what end? to what end?

Ray Travez

Chollis

whistling as i write this

Ray Travez

Yes I do whistle. I've been complemented on my whistling, back in 1989, and believe me, my whistling today is every bit as compelling as it was then.

Ray Travez

Once got on a train, and it was just me and one other guy in the carriage. I sat down and whistled a little tune, and he immediately got up and left. I was offended. It was just a little "I've got a nice seat on the train" whistle of happiness, it wasn't like I started in on Beethoven's Ode to Joy or whatever

It's necessary to whistle on a building site by the way, stops some cnt walking into you with a ladder.

I like a proper old-fashioned tune you can whistle. Something with a nice melody like Firestarter or Windowlicker.

PlanktonSideburns

Can anyone whistle in 12tone atonal Germanstyle

mothman

I can't whistle. Ian Fleming says this means I'm gay.

PlanktonSideburns

Ian Fleming was FULL OF SHIT