Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yet another please help me find this song thread

Started by badaids, October 10, 2021, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

PLEASE HELP - Here are two songs that I'd really like to track down.  The first one has been bugging me for years, the second one I heard fleetingly on the radio other day with no sign as to who it was.

Song One.
A sleazy and stomping sounding funk/soul track.  It's somewhere in between Fat Larry's the Castle of Joy and the breakdown bit from Sly and the Family Stone's Dance to the Music.  The song is very simple it just pedals up and down between two chords, and every 8 bars or so the instruments, guitar, bass, drums etc... take turns to do a solo.  No real vocal, but there's some guys giving to "ba da baaa's" as a backing, and there's some super deep Barry White voice chipping in over the  top every now and then saying things like "now, check this shit out" as the solos are due to come in.

Song Two.
It sounds exactly like Broadcast (my favorite group). I thought it was Broadcast, but pretty I'm certain I know every Broadcast song so it can't be them.  To be precise we'd be talking early period broadcast when it's more group and instrument based rather than electronic.  Quite a fast tempo with a beatnik, freakbeat type feel.  I picked out a few lines the chorus was something like 'You go boom in my eyes, boom in my eyes', and a line from one of the verses was something like 'Dancing at night time, dying in the daytime'.  Could it be a United States of America track, or something by on the faux Broadcast groups like Death or Vanilla or The Soundcarriers.

Thanks in advances to all the peens for the help and suggestions yo.

non capisco

Quote from: badaids on October 10, 2021, 08:45:11 PM
Song Two.
It sounds exactly like Broadcast (my favorite group). I thought it was Broadcast, but pretty I'm certain I know every Broadcast song so it can't be them.  To be precise we'd be talking early period broadcast when it's more group and instrument based rather than electronic.  Quite a fast tempo with a beatnik, freakbeat type feel.  I picked out a few lines the chorus was something like 'You go boom in my eyes, boom in my eyes', and a line from one of the verses was something like 'Dancing at night time, dying in the daytime'.  Could it be a United States of America track, or something by on the faux Broadcast groups like Death or Vanilla or The Soundcarriers.

Thanks in advances to all the peens for the help and suggestions yo.

I'm 100% sure that's 'Garden Of Earthly Delights' and you were on the money, it's by The United States of America.

badaids

Quote from: non capisco on October 10, 2021, 09:45:26 PM
I'm 100% sure that's 'Garden Of Earthly Delights' and you were on the money, it's by The United States of America.

So it is - thanks for finding it.  It always amazes me how much my beloved Broadcast copy the States.

non capisco

I think Vanishing Twin crib a fair bit from both as well, great band though. The pick of the crop of the Broadcast 'clones' IMO.

kngen

Quote from: non capisco on October 10, 2021, 09:45:26 PM

This is a good song. My life is better for having heard it. Thank you.