Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

who's got imposter syndrome

Started by madhair60, October 11, 2021, 09:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

The 50-posts-per-pagers will be loving that one.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I get this every time I shag a very attractive lady[nb] if memory serves[/nb]. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on October 11, 2021, 04:11:12 PM
I used to get it at/before the CaB meets but everyone is so nice that I now basically enjoy them more than any social event I can think of

If you get IS at the greasy fuckfests you attend with me it certainly doesn't show! Maybe it's the masks that help.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 11, 2021, 02:59:17 PM
No; I'm just going pop you on ignore (again).  Remember to relax now mon frere!

You've actually called Buelligan your brother, did you mean to do that? And did you really not know the meaning of the word " chapeau" a week or so back, or were you just pretending? If you weren't , maybe between mountain climbing and lovely roast dinner preparing, you should brush up on your French, nasty Johnny Foreigner lingo that it is.
As for you, Buelligan, I like you but that's the language of the gutter, but you *do* seem to be picking a fight with TrenterPercenter on the slightest pretext. Pas besoin de ca, as the Frogs say.

Play nice, everyone.

Buelligan

You studied the papers Lisa - and that's your unbiased opinion?  I think you need to pay more attention but you know this, I believe we've already discussed it by PM.  As I have already made you aware, Trenter's been after my scalp for months and months and months.  He just can't get over it.

And notice, if you like, next time how the same little group of campfire pals always circle, it's not me making those posts.

I come here to chat about things that interest me with people I think are funny and clever.  Sometimes I poke fun at bores.  My interest in Trenter and his coterie of pissants, is confined to laughing at some of the amazing dialogue they accidentally produce.  There was a wonderful page or two last night, I'm afraid I broke the fourth wall a bit and commented, couldn't help myself, it just made me laugh so hard I wanted to share.  Don't try to deny me these small pleasures.

Quotepas besoin de ca mon frere

you both ought to be brushing up on your diacritiques, for shame

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: first skeleton on mars on October 12, 2021, 09:53:01 AM
you both ought to be brushing up on your diacritiques, for shame
I got a perfectly good "O" level[nb]pour le readers de jeunesse, like Kankuerette, et cette: " O" levels were like GCSEs for old cunts. Now read on... [/nb]in French, I'll have you know. Je  couldnae be culled with adding that daft little line de griboulis to the letter "c" on that post what I wrote to le garçon Trenty, though.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 07:34:40 AM
You've actually called Buelligan your brother, did you mean to do that? And did you really not know the meaning of the word " chapeau" a week or so back, or were you just pretending? If you weren't , maybe between mountain climbing and lovely roast dinner preparing, you should brush up on your French, nasty Johnny Foreigner lingo that it is.
As for you, Buelligan, I like you but that's the language of the gutter, but you *do* seem to be picking a fight with TrenterPercenter on the slightest pretext. Pas besoin de ca, as the Frogs say.

Play nice, everyone.

Yes that was intentional; and no I didn't know the meaning of the word chapeau I thought it meant like "cheers!" and was something to do with champagne not hats.    Well done for correctly noticing and calling out a certain someones behaviour though no doubt you will have sent them into overdrive by doing so though.

chapeau chevalier courageux! mais méfiez-vous du dragon!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm sure Buelligan is maintaining a certain sang- froid, and I certainly didn't intend to send her into overdrive. Come on, I'm not trying to take sides, here.

Zut Alors! Le fromage de  mon tante est dans l'arbre! J'apprećie poutine!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 11, 2021, 03:41:02 PM
I feel that. I get imposter syndrome here more than I get it irl. The other big forum I used to post on as a teenager / young adult was on a popular animation website too, and I didn't really watch too many of the animations. And I don't watch much British comedy either. Always a nagging feeling like my contributions here are not especially welcome. I know a lot of people have been posting here for over a decade and I am a relative newcomer.

I like your posts. Ignore what everyone else has been saying about you in Pms

Johnny Yesno

Mont Blanc! This thread has taken a bit of a turn.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I was going to send Buelligan a PM, but am going to come on 'ere to reiterate that it was certainlynot  my attention to "call (her) out", nothing against the vieux cher, and given the choice between her and Trenter Percenter I'd plump for the for latter willingly. It's not that Trenter Percenter is a complete grosse chatte, but he can come across as quite superior and smug on occasion. Madame 'Gan's best  bet is not to give him the attention he obviously relishes.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 01:08:08 PM
I was going to send Buelligan a PM, but am going to come on 'ere to reiterate that it was certainlynot  my attention to "call her out", nothing against the viex cher, and given the choice between her and Trenter Percenter I'd plump for the for latter willingly. It's not that Trenter Percenter is a complete grosse chatte, but he can come across as quite superior and smug on occasion. Madame 'Gan's best  bet is not to give him the attention he obviously relishes.

You are a very creepy poster.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, and I may as well reiterate that I've nothing in particular against you either, and am also entitled to the opinion I done expressed in my previous post. Please don't bother posting that It's not just you what holds that opinion of me, as I say....can't we all get along?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 01:12:19 PM
as I say....can't we all get along?

Sure, but you might want to stop posting this shit stirring rubbish if you are genuine about that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 12, 2021, 01:28:35 PM
Sure, but you might want to stop posting this shit stirring rubbish if you are genuine about that.

It's not " shit- stirring rubbish", I'm trying to be fair to the pair of youse twose. The only reason that I think you've come across as all smug and that is that some of your posts of late seem uncharacteristic of your behaviour as a long standing, fairly likeable poster. It is my opinion that you genuinely * are* chuffed with Buelligan's negative attention, and Buelligan would be better off not giving it to you. I was going to expand on this matter in a PM to Buellers, but decided to put this load of old bollocks on 'ere, be more open about things.

* sips from SDP mug*

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 01:36:05 PM
It's not " shit- stirring rubbish", I'm trying to be fair to the pair of youse twose. The only reason that I think you've come across as all smug and that is that some of your posts of late seem uncharacteristic of your behaviour as a long standing, fairly likeable poster. It is my opinion that you genuinely * are* chuffed with Buelligan's negative attention, and Buelligan would be better off not giving it to you. I was going to expand on this matter in a PM to Buellers, but decided to put this load of old bollocks on 'ere, be more open about things.

Jesus christ.  I think you might have fluked your previous powers of deduction.  Let's all get along anyway and have a nice day.

chveik

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 11:24:01 AM
Zut Alors! Le fromage de  mon tante est dans l'arbre! J'apprećie poutine!

please. no one talks like that

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 12, 2021, 01:56:57 PM
Jesus christ.  I think you might have fluked your previous powers of deduction. 

Fair enough. Maybe you've *always* been A birrovan arsehole, like. ;)

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 12, 2021, 02:38:32 PM
Fair enough. Maybe you've *always* been A birrovan arsehole, like. ;)

Oh I'm a complete arsehole, but largely to those that deserve it, although occasionally I make mistakes (which I have no problem holding my hands up to and apologising about you should notice).

bgmnts

Zut does not look like a French word at all. Utter shite.

Johnny Yesno

Chambourcy, mon petit filous. Chambourcy.

bgmnts

Jake Thingray

avec le participation de BENNY LUKE

Icehaven

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 12, 2021, 03:10:02 PM
Chambourcy, mon petit filous. Chambourcy.
Chambourcy real chocolate mousse. But don't tell the children!

pancreas

Whatever this syndrome is, I'm pretty sure I don't have it.

flotemysost

Re: OP - yep, it affects pretty much every single aspect of and interaction in my life, I'm basically convinced I don't deserve anything good and I'm sure everyone close to me is inevitably going to get sick of me and tell me to fuck right off at some point.

A couple of years ago in the office when I was under a bit of a black cloud anyway, I was called out (not unreasonably) on failing to do something embarrassingly basic (a very simple Excel report. I'd been busy, but really I just hadn't bothered to do it, as I find spreadsheets so boring they make me wish I was dead) and, even more embarrassingly, I burst into tears there and then and started jabbering about how I didn't deserve a job at all. One of my lovely colleagues/friends came over to comfort me and said "it's OK it's OK, you're great at your job, you just have impostor syndrome" which obviously made me sob even harder.

The thing is, sometimes I do go around thinking I'm the dog's meaty swinging cojones but still feeling utterly wretched because I think, well, what's the fucking point if no one else agrees? Which is DISGUSTINGLY egotistical, I know. My self worth is basically completely irrevocably linked to what others think and the slightest perceived negative reaction can totally shatter it. Knowing how common that is, among people I'd consider talented, accomplished, etc. etc. is a comfort, anyway.