Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

American Horror Story- Aliens

Started by Pinball, October 12, 2021, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I'm enjoying the latest story. Superb actor playing Eisenhower. Highly plausible plot about the deal with the aliens, which would explain a lot.

Even a cameo by Steve Jobs :-) And parts for Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Nixon. Loving this. And with the usual acerbic wit of AHS, now back on form.

Mobius

I haven't watched AHS in years so didn't realise they were doing aliens! Sounds quite interesting, might give it a go

Pinball

After the Eisenhower-at-Roswell scene, I was hooked :-)

Rev+

Is this the second half of the series?  It's called 'Double Feature' and is two different stories, but there was an expectation that they'd somehow connect.  The first part had something to do with vampiric looking non-vampires and a creativity drug.

Pinball

Yes it is. The first half was ok, but this second half is far better IMO. As all great new tech is alien-derived according to the plot, I assume the chemist who made the creativity drug will turn out to be an alien, or alien-human hybrid, or didn't invent the drug and is just distributing it. I think it is reasonable to conclude that the aliens are not acting in our best interests :-)

A couple of good lines:

[Alien scientist] "Thank you for your sacrifice in saving the planet".
[Human experimental subject] "I didn't know this was about saving Earth"
[Alien scientist] "Who said anything about Earth?".

SteveDave

Has anyone watched "American Horror Stories"? I can't be arsed starting a new thread for it as it's just OK. It's an anthology series where each episode is a different story.

Episode one and two are set in the house from the first series and features Michael Jackson's daughter and Cindy Crawford's daughter. Neither can act. The latter really looks like a Bratz Doll version her mum. The former looks nothing like her dad.

Episode three is a teenage "Cigarette Burns" from the Masters Of Horror series from the early 90s. A film is cursed and will turn you into a maniac who fucking loves killing.

Episode four is about 4 influencers who lose their followers after filming a suicide and then get hunted by Danny Trejo dressed as Father Christmas.

Episode five is Billie Lourd desperate to get pregnant but when she does get a bun up her stick, weird shit starts happening. (This has been the best one so far...)

Ant Farm Keyboard

Beware, episode 6 is quite terrible (it goes nowhere), and episode 7 is a follow-up to episodes 1 and 2.

SteveDave

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on November 04, 2021, 10:10:26 AM
Beware, episode 6 is quite terrible (it goes nowhere), and episode 7 is a follow-up to episodes 1 and 2.

I liked the sixth episode. It was enjoyably stupid.

SteveDave

I've just finished series 10 and you'd think they'd be better at endings by now.

I did enjoy Macauley Culkin in the vampire storyline though and I hope he returns in series 11.