Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trying to remember a terrible fashion makeover TV show

Started by Shit Good Nose, October 13, 2021, 07:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Mrs Nose is a big fan of fashion makeover shows and I've been trying to describe one that was on several years ago (probably at least 10).  Problem is I remember very very little about it, and she doesn't know what I'm on about either.  I think it was either on BBC2 or 5, I seem to remember it being presented by a very sincere and believable (perhaps west Asian) lady but all the "members of the public" on there were very obviously actors and the whole thing was bollocks, but it was presented as a "proper" makeover show.  It's definitely not that Trinny ans Susannah one.  I think mirrors figured heavily in the title sequence.

Any ideas?

Shit Good Nose

Alberon

Isn't this a trick question as they're all terrible?

mothman

I'll go out on a limb and take a wild guess that you've already discounted How To Look Good Naked?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Alberon on October 13, 2021, 08:32:37 PM
Isn't this a trick question as they're all terrible?

Well yes, true, but this one was made even worse by the very obvious AC-TING.  One of them featured a husband and wife and the wife wanted to dress better but her husband thought it was all ridiculous, but the husband especially came across like he'd been picked from the local community am-dram society.

Quote from: mothman on October 13, 2021, 08:34:34 PM
I'll go out on a limb and take a wild guess that you've already discounted How To Look Good Naked?

Definitely not that.  I don't think I've heard or seen anything of the presenter before or since, but Gok Wan is always getting women to walk around in their underwear, cook up some chinese food, do some DJing or selling perfume on QVC.

studpuppet

The only one I can think of is 10 Years Younger, which probably isn't the one, but it might jog someone's memory into thinking of the right one.

dissolute ocelot

Other shows which come to mind are Hotter Than My Daughter (which had something to do with mothers and daughters), You Are What You Wear (which is presented by Rylan so must be more recent), 60 Minute Makeover (which I think is houses), and Would Like To Meet (which was dating but had a makeover component), and various versions of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Again, probably all wrong.

Glebe

JOHN PAUL GAULTIER: It was the '90s, we were all on ecstasy.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: studpuppet on October 14, 2021, 10:45:13 AM
The only one I can think of is 10 Years Younger, which probably isn't the one, but it might jog someone's memory into thinking of the right one.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 14, 2021, 03:51:41 PM
Other shows which come to mind are Hotter Than My Daughter (which had something to do with mothers and daughters), You Are What You Wear (which is presented by Rylan so must be more recent), 60 Minute Makeover (which I think is houses), and Would Like To Meet (which was dating but had a makeover component), and various versions of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Again, probably all wrong.

None of these I'm afraid.

I wish I could remember more about it.

Dex Sawash

Twonty Gostelow

It didn't have a West Asian presenter (Lowri Turner identifies as Welsh) but Looking Good on BBC2 usually had a few unconvincing ordinary members of the public makeovers - see the two male stiffs here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbvJmjvxmE  (It's Jill Dando week on CaB - see the end of the clip.)

Dex Sawash

dissolute ocelot

There's loads of wedding makeover shows, which may or may not involve pimping brides. Not one of those, I assume?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on October 15, 2021, 10:45:47 AM
It didn't have a West Asian presenter (Lowri Turner identifies as Welsh) but Looking Good on BBC2 usually had a few unconvincing ordinary members of the public makeovers - see the two male stiffs here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbvJmjvxmE  (It's Jill Dando week on CaB - see the end of the clip.)

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 15, 2021, 11:25:54 PM
There's loads of wedding makeover shows, which may or may not involve pimping brides. Not one of those, I assume?

None of those, nope.

Thanks for continuing suggestions though.  Internet searches just come up with mainly recent ones.

Catalogue Trousers