Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Verisure Alarm Advert

Started by Nasty Tourist, October 14, 2021, 06:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasty Tourist

Has anybody managed to see the TV commercial  for Verisure alarms? I saw it for the the other evening and was glued to my seat in disbelief! Picture the scene...... there's two plastic looking couples sat in a restaurant having a meal after what was probably an evening of wife swapping and scrabble at one of their houses.. One of the women chirps up something along the lines of 'I hear you've got a new alarm fitted?' 'Yes' retorts the other one... 'It's from 'Verisure'. 'And how do you find it?' asks the other one.....'Very reassuring' she replies. Jesus!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This must be one of the best thought out TV commercials ever! Whoever came up with this little gem must be the head of a global advertising conglomerate from the biggest, bestest firm in the world. I'll certainly be casting my vote for it when the National TV Advertising Awards voting opens! Oh, and on a footnote..... The two blokes in the advert have it far too cushy for my liking so I hope their getting lower fees than the ladies, equality and all that! They're probably playing footsie under the table! Please don't confuse this with 'The Financial Times Stock Exchange'.

Footnote: Don't go anywhere near Verisure if you require an alarm system.....Reviews online are scary!!!

Icehaven

Have you seen the other one too, where the gammon wife rings her gammon husband at work to tell them the neighbours got burgled last night (who does that?!), and the husband, packed with empathy, says "That could have been us!" so they agree to fit an alarm straight away. My favorite bit is when the drip of a wife says "They came in through the garden". Well given most houses have gardens either front or back that's pretty fucking obvious.

mothman

Yes, they're not coming down wires like Tom Cruise, for fuck's sake.

gilbertharding

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 21, 2021, 12:56:07 PM
Lots of cheaply-produced adverts on telly at the moment for burglar alarms.

The call centre one - where the operator instantly knows that the caller has just been burgled. And the frankly odd one with the two dads on the doorstep: "Yes! I'll definitely do that!" because he's worried about his kids being stolen (?).

I always thought there are two kinds of people in the world: ones with burglar alarms, and ones without. I wonder how many of the first group are only in that group because they've been burgled.

These adverts have been running for about a year - with a bewildering turnover of terrible actors and unconvincing scenarios. They all involve these bizarre snap decisions though, in response to one of the protagonists relating some gossip or hearsay.

The current one features a Verisure technician, a bearded youth I wouldn't trust to post a letter.

Alberon

Haven't watched commercials in a decade or more, but I think I've got to see these.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: icehaven on October 14, 2021, 07:35:08 PM
Have you seen the other one too, where the gammon wife rings her gammon husband at work to tell them the neighbours got burgled last night (who does that?!), and the husband, packed with empathy, says "That could have been us!" so they agree to fit an alarm straight away. My favorite bit is when the drip of a wife says "They came in through the garden". Well given most houses have gardens either front or back that's pretty fucking obvious.

This. Absolute this. Thought I was alone in such gammon observation. I love that smug "that could have been us but it wasn't so fuck em, let's keep our tory gotten possessions safe by rubbing it in to next door with the new alarm system". Orrible.

seepage

Quote from: mothman on October 14, 2021, 07:53:00 PM
Yes, they're not coming down wires like Tom Cruise, for fuck's sake.

A builder once told me: "you can secure your windows and doors all you like, but they'll still get in through the roof!" He didn't propose a solution.