Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:31:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Police officer sacked for paying 90p too little for charity Jaffa Cakes

Started by IsavedLatin, October 14, 2021, 09:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

I have had some very tangential dealings with police force professional standards as part of my line of work. You would be surprised to find some of the seemingly trivial sfuff that gets referred to them and they take on to 'investigate'.

As has been said above its not really the initial act that is the issue but the pisspoor excuses he put up in an attempt to cover up the dishonesty which was compounded by a refusal to admit his conduct. In effect it was trying to get away with it that did for him, where an upfront "you got me bang to rights" would probably have resulted in some punishment short of dismissal.

It was once explained to me that as such things as a Policeman's disciplinary history can be revealed in court, where they are held up as a witness of truth it gives the opposing legal team a pretty big stick to beat you with if you have a record of dishonesty. After all if you are prepared to lie about Jaffa cakes why should you be believed when you say the arrested persons injuries were self inflicted?

Johnny Yesno

That makes sense.

Nevertheless, someone else was able to remember the number of coin noises he made at the charity tin. Just think about that for a moment.

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on October 15, 2021, 02:07:46 PM
How can you fudge making this appear to be a simple error, is my question.

Maybe that was the real issue. Can't have someone so shit at hiding corruption on the force. If he's fumbling his alibi for nicking some fucking Jaffa Cakes, what happens when he's called upon to hide a senior colleague's prostitution ring?

Johnny Yesno