Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:44:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I think Brian Blessed is great

Started by Johnny Foreigner, October 15, 2021, 01:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Foreigner

I was washing up the other day and it suddenly struck me that Brian Blessed is brilliant.
In fact, if the entire gin-distilling industry were to collapse overnight, we can rest assured that at least one brand of that particular spirit would still be alive, eh readers? And we would owe it all to Brian Blessed. In a way, I must say that I consider that a highly comforting thought.

I should be curious to know whether any of youse have ever experienced similar Brian Blessed-related epiphanies.

Fr.Bigley

When I drive though Mexborough I think..."he did good, he did really good".

idunnosomename

remember when he claimed he delivered a baby in Richmond Park and ate the umbilical cord or whatever

checkoutgirl

Did he do a big shit on a big mountain?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Twonty Gostelow

Is this the actor with the facial hair who shouts all the time, sets fire to their farts, pisses in their pint glass and downs it in one before belching the words "I LIKE CUNT"?

Ignore me, I'm thinking of Brenda Blethyn.

Video Game Fan 2000

His foot looks like someone made weinerschnitzel out of a whole chihuahua.

He eye fucked the camera so hard in Z Cars it abolished the police and the government had to scramble to reestablish a volunteer force before anyone noticed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on October 15, 2021, 02:25:46 AM

Ignore me, I'm thinking of Brenda Blethyn.

I BET YOU ARE, YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS WITH YOUR WELL- WORN " CHANCE IN A MILLION"  BOX SET, I BET YOU FUCKING ARE

non capisco

Regarding this hollering old ham - half of me is reflexively disdainful of any "national treasures" given the kinds of things this knocked over pisspot of a nation evidently treasures. The other half remembers that Brian Blessed once claimed he remembered being born which, let's be honest, is really funny.

DrGreggles

Mad as a box of frog lorries, but an astonishing man.
Went to his tour a few years ago and, even though the majority of his stories were either embellished or complete bullshit, it was fucking hilarious.

Catalogue of ills

A cautious thumbs up for Mr Blessed, on the proviso that it does not lead to us having to also condone Steven Berkoff and Simon Callow, a slope I am not prepared to slip down (I even brought my crampons just in case).

DrGreggles

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on October 15, 2021, 09:22:06 AM
A cautious thumbs up for Mr Blessed, on the proviso that it does not lead to us having to also condone Steven Berkoff and Simon Callow, a slope I am not prepared to slip down (I even brought my crampons just in case).

Not sure Berkoff or Callow have ever shat in their own hood.

Jerzy Bondov

When I used to read The Gruffalo to my son I would do the titular monster's voice in a Brian Blessed impression. HO HO HO HO HO! ALRIGHT!!!! said the Gruffalo, bursting with laughter YOU GO AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'LL FOLLOW AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAA HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!!!!!!!
Not very calming at bed time and a bit of a strain on the old vocal chords but worth it. Then they did a TV version and it's Robbie Coltrane

Tony Tony Tony

He's the male version of Miriam Margoyles.

Neither of them give a shit what folks think of them. They simply plow on through life like stately galleons.

hamfist

My brother sat on his knee as a small child in the 1980s, and there was no inappropriate activity so I think BB is a good egg. Either that or he doesn't fancy my little brother.

pigamus

I absolutely cannot fucking stand him and his endless bellowing and showing off. He is a tiresome pain in the arse and I hope his bum falls off.

Paul Calf

Funnily enough, I was watching The Black Adder (S1) yesterday and I was thinking "Brian Blessed is the stand-out performance in an episode that includes Peter Cook".

Fr.Bigley

His best performance is obviously Grampy Rabbit. I used to watch Peppa pig with my nephews and always chuckled when he showed up all loud and shit, ruining someone's day with his big fuck off car. All the kids loved him but the parents hated him.

Be more like grampy rabbit, be Blessed.

studpuppet

Punching a polar bear in the "FUCKING FACE!!" has to be up there.

I had a Brian Blessed voice for my old TomTom, so I have a lot of nice days out associated with the mad old bastard getting us there safely. His normal speaking voice is very soothing.

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 15, 2021, 10:05:00 AM
Funnily enough, I was watching The Black Adder (S1) yesterday and I was thinking "Brian Blessed is the stand-out performance in an episode that includes Peter Cook".

Every time I pass a horsebox on the motorway, I like to shout "Chiswick! Fresh horses!" to the bemusement and irritation of everyone in the car. Nobody remembers anything from series 1, but I do. I remember that.

madhair60

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 15, 2021, 10:05:00 AM

My recent Blackadder re-watch was the first time I realised that Peter Cook was in it.

Butchers Blind

Johnny Foreigner

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 15, 2021, 10:21:42 AM

Every time I pass a horsebox on the motorway, I like to shout "Chiswick! Fresh horses!" to the bemusement and irritation of everyone in the car. Nobody remembers anything from series 1, but I do. I remember that.

My standout memory from that first episode is the young Tony Robinson as Baldrick catching the severed head of Peter Cook ( as flung by the panicked Blackadder), and uttering in an understated manner " Oh dear, Richard The Third." Very fond memories of this being the go- to catchphrase betwixt myself and a Sara Pascoe lookalike French lady, also an avid fan of that first series.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

After Amess, a man, died yesterday, the proximity of the thread to this thread had me imagine Blessed discovering the sad news and roaring Jesus Fucking Chrisssst down a well.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 16, 2021, 06:20:25 AM
My standout memory from that first episode is the young Tony Robinson as Baldrick catching the severed head of Peter Cook ( as flung by the panicked Blackadder), and uttering in an understated manner " Oh dear, Richard The Third." Very fond memories of this being the go- to catchphrase betwixt myself and a Sara Pascoe lookalike French lady, also an avid fan of that first series.

Mine is the voice of the child-bride asking 'can I have a glass of water please?' as the closing credits ended.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Might have been " King Richard The Third". Anyway, the point is it was a bloody great line, superbly delivered. The penultimate great comedy thing Richard " The Unfunny Turd" Curtis was involved in ( The last one was " The Tall Guy") ( Oh alright, " Bernard and the Genie" was fairly amusing, too).

flotemysost

Quote from: non capisco on October 15, 2021, 09:16:16 AM
The other half remembers that Brian Blessed once claimed he remembered being born which, let's be honest, is really funny.

Didn't he also deliver a newborn in Richmond Park and lick its face (presumably to free it from blood and amniontic gunk, not just because he wanted to lick a baby)? That's pretty cool but I do hope that person doesn't share Blessed's superhuman memory, that's quite an image to have imprinted as your first impression of the world.

Replies From View

Love his episode of RHLSTP.  Doesn't let Herring get a word in edgeways, which is brilliant, and he swears magnificently.