Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conservative MP Sir David Amess Stabbed

Started by Blumf, October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-mp-david-amess-stabbed-multiple-times-in-incident-at-constituency-surgery-12434498
QuoteA Conservative MP has been stabbed multiple times in an incident at his constituency surgery.

Sir David Amess, who represents Southend West in Essex, was attacked on Friday at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea.

Sky News understands a man walked into his constituency surgery and stabbed him multiple times.

Ugh, nothing good will come from this.

imitationleather

Must resist making Brass Eye gags for at least an hour, everyone.

jobotic

peanutbutter

so what kind of nut will have stabbed him? Somehow Brexit related?

To this day I'm stunned this kind of thing wasn't happening loads after the banking crisis tbh

Petey Pate

Quote from: Blumf on October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PMUgh, nothing good will come from this.

An MP was shot and murdered a few years ago by a far-right fascist and nothing pretty much happened as a result.

Oh, right, a Labour MP.

madhair60

Quote from: Blumf on October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PMUgh, nothing good will come from this.

well, look at it this way; he's a tory, and he got stabbed.

imitationleather

Quote from: Petey Pate on October 15, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
An MP was shot and murdered a few years ago by a far-right fascist and nothing pretty much happened as a result.

Oh, right, a Labour MP.

Not only a Labour MP. A female Labour MP.

Barely registers on the radar.

imitationleather

Anyway I'm shocked by the level of journalism surrounding this. If you're cut open at a surgery it's not a stabbing, it's an operation.

Catalogue of ills

Johnny Yesno

Catalogue of ills

I hope it was someone who's been denied mental health support since 2010 - the Tories might actually put some funding in if it's affecting them now.

kalowski

Apparently he consistently voted against allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, so let's hope he doesn't end up with a debilitating life long injury that destroys the quality of his life in such a way that he feels death would be a better option.

imitationleather

Quote from: kalowski on October 15, 2021, 02:13:56 PM
Apparently he consistently voted against allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, so let's hope he doesn't end up with a debilitating life long injury that destroys the quality of his life in such a way that he feels death would be a better option.

He's already been cleared as fit for work by the DWP.

jobotic

I think it's about time we had military police on the streets to rid us of subversives.

SpiderChrist

I genuinely don't care if Amess is alive or dead, although obviously I wouldn't wish a stabbing on anybody. What does worry me is the inevitable authoritarian backlash from the Home Office and the media that will follow this.

pigamus

Especially if the stabby person isn't white.

JamesTC

His only regret is that he was stabbed multiple times.

Catalogue of ills

Stabbed for having a surname that's difficult to pronounce

jobotic

It won't be a far-right extremist this time will it? Amess is one of them.

imitationleather

I would be very surprised if there is anyone in Leigh-on-Sea who isn't a Brexit nutter, though.

Lemming

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10009/david_amess/southend_west/votes

Yes, my first reaction to someone being stabbed is to rush to their theyworkforyou page to determine if they deserved it.

Beagle 2

What are the security arrangements like at these things, I kind of thought they would be stepped up after what happened with Jo Cox.

bgmnts

Genuinely gutted the cunt isn't dead.

Why can't these evil cunts just die? That poor Jo Cox was murdered successfully by a right wing nutter of course because evil wins but can't just one of these cunts get successfully killed? Just give me a sliver of justice. A sliver.

jobotic

Might have been a fox murderer. That's the only issue he doesn't take the cunt's side apparently.

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on October 15, 2021, 02:24:32 PM
Stabbed for having a surname that's difficult to pronounce

Jonathan Djanogly cancels all surgeries in Huntingdon for the foreseeable future.

imitationleather

"Amess, 69, is a well-known backbencher who has never held a ministerial or shadow ministerial post during his 38 years in parliament"

The Guardian really kicking the man while he's down.

TrenterPercenter

Always liked Amess for the stereotypical mad tory character he played in Brasseye; should have had a great career in comedy ahead of him, sad to hear this.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Lemming on October 15, 2021, 02:26:07 PM
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10009/david_amess/southend_west/votes

Yes, my first reaction to someone being stabbed is to rush to their theyworkforyou page to determine if they deserved it.

You beat me to it. On balace, I'd say yes he deserved getting stabbed.