Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conservative MP Sir David Amess Stabbed

Started by Blumf, October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Quote from: earl_sleek on October 20, 2021, 09:32:33 AM
WTF? Already Amess' death is being mobilised towards sinister ends.

It's what he would have wanted.

idunnosomename

i literally just came into this thread to post that

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on October 20, 2021, 11:18:20 AM
Yes, I've had this - was watching some old bilge - I mean, really, bilge, and it would not allow me to watch the second part (thank fuck) without signing in.  I don't have a youtube account or a gmail account because I don't want to sign in to any fucking thing.  I want the internet to stay open prairie (I know those days are gone) and these fucks are fencing it in daily.  Also been in difficulties lately because my bank card expired (through age). 

I live remotely, have no transport and no mobile phone signal.  Could not register my new card to pay things like internet without supplying a mobile number that they could SMS me on.  Could not buy a mobile contract and SIM online without giving another mobile number already registered in my name. 

Went to ask bank to help and they looked at me like a big fat liar and said EVERYONE HAS A MOBILE! (end of).  Wrote to them asking for help and they haven't even replied. 

In the end, I paid someone to drive me to the big town.  Bought a contract, set up the phone and ran up the mountain to get the SMS, back down, to confirm and then put the fucking thing in a drawer where it costs me a monthly fee.  They won't let anyone get away.

Can't you just buy burner phones? I have loads of sims hanging around that I bought for scam baiting and all I did was hand over money for them.

Midas

Nokia on PAYG does the job. Or you can use virtual phone numbers online to recieve SMS for services that require a phone number to sign-up.

JamesTC

Quote from: Midas on October 20, 2021, 11:43:30 AM
It's what he would have wanted.

Along with capital punishment for gay people, based on his voting record and the fact that he was a good Christian man.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 20, 2021, 11:56:43 AM
Can't you just buy burner phones? I have loads of sims hanging around that I bought for scam baiting and all I did was hand over money for them.

No those days are gone here.  Nearest you can get is a payg SIM but you have to register it with the provider and they require a copy of your passport and household bills.  You can get them in some shops but you have to send the copies of the documents and if they don't receive them and register them in time, the SIM's null and void.  Tried it, so I know.

Paul Calf

That's a France problem, not a technical / corporate one.

I tried to get a SIM card in Tamil Nadu, Southern India and was surprised to learn that I would require the signature of my father or employer to obtain one.

I didn't bother.

Buelligan

Yeah, I realise that but my point is that these creeping restrictions, like barbed wire, are popping up everywhere.  The prairies are no longer prairies and very soon they will be compounds.

Buelligan

If you haven't already, watch this short film from Owen Jones on the subject.  It's really very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sQT9RyiVA

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: thenoise on October 20, 2021, 09:25:54 AM
Did Amess ever suffer from online bullying? Or campaign against it? Beyond moaning that everyone was laughing at him for appearing in Brass Eye (it was a comedy, and also highlighted your incompetence as an MP, so surely in the "public interest", if anyone still cares about that sort of thing).

If they really want to respect his legacy we should have a DAVID'S LAW to outlaw abortion or reinstate capital punishment.

idunnosomename

Make is illegal to dupe an MP into asking a question about a made up drug. And make it fucking retrospective too. Haha! Who's laughing now Mr Morris!?!

mothman

Quote from: buttgammon on October 19, 2021, 11:41:54 PM
'David's law' as if he was a murdered schoolgirl or something.

Only at weekends.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 20, 2021, 12:59:12 PM
That's a France problem, not a technical / corporate one.

And how do you think this lack of a corporate problem ended up being a France problem?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Midas on October 20, 2021, 12:10:13 PM
Or you can use virtual phone numbers online to recieve SMS for services that require a phone number to sign-up.

What's this?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 20, 2021, 09:41:00 AM
They've only recently added it and it only applies to content that's been flagged as mature by the uploader at this point. Like all new YouTube features it gets rolled out to users in waves so if you don't have it yet, you will do at some point.

Asking people to provide a payment card as proof of age is absolute horseshit, of course, as banks give under 18s debit cards. They just want you to add a payment method to your account so they can get people accidentally paying for YouTube Premium and YouTube Music. They've been experimenting with some very trickily worded pop ups that are hard not to agree to (is in there's literally no cancel button) to get people to take out trials for YouTube Premium, so you can see where this is headed.

I'm trying to de-google my life and remove any sort of ad trackers I can, so this idea can get in the bin. The latest iOS update had a feature where you can block ad trackers within apps as well as on websites, and a few apps have started refusing to open unless you whitelist them for ad tracking, but so far I've just deleted the cunts. I wonder at what point I'm going to break.

Chollis

Can't believe it's been 7 days since them slags flew into Conservative MP Sir David Amess

JamesTC

Why did it have to be him? Why couldn't it have been somebody less wealthy and homophobic?

Butchers Blind

I miss him so much. Just want to see him vote against the NHS one more time.

Jittlebags

Boris is getting his bunch of twats to vote against the Fire and Hire Bill in his honour.

Mister Six

Quote from: Buelligan on October 20, 2021, 11:18:20 AM
Went to ask bank to help and they looked at me like a big fat liar and said EVERYONE HAS A MOBILE! (end of).  Wrote to them asking for help and they haven't even replied. 

Well, it'll probably take a while for the letter to arrive.

idunnosomename

again! oh no. this is horrible. i cant believe someone would stab Sir David whatamess again. send a ham to his widow

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 23, 2021, 01:42:06 AM
again! oh no. this is horrible. i cant believe someone would stab Sir David whatamess again. send a ham to his widow

It is what he would have wanted.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on October 20, 2021, 02:11:41 PM
If they really want to respect his legacy we should have a DAVID'S LAW to outlaw abortion or reinstate capital punishment.

Implicate the foetus in a crime so it's executed. RIP IN PIECE DIVAD WIV DA ANGLES NOW.

idunnosomename

again? can this man (a man, a human being) not rest in peace? disgraceful.

Fambo Number Mive

This is an actual Daily Mail headline. I am not making this up.

QuoteDavid Amess murder suspect lives on sought-after North London street which used to be home to actor Roger Lloyd Pack who played Trigger in Only Fools and Horses

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 25, 2021, 12:28:17 PM
This is an actual Daily Mail headline. I am not making this up.

From the same article

QuoteLabour leader Sir Keir Starmer lives in Kentish Town, a short distance away from the street of £2million homes

Buelligan

Maybe it's an implied threat, we all know what Keith's like after a few sherbets in his great big gas guzzling murder-tank.

Hope Amess is feeling better btw.