Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conservative MP Sir David Amess Stabbed

Started by Blumf, October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

I've heard the attacker was high on methylenedioxybenzylamphetamine

touchingcloth

[Haha edited for length]

Butchers Blind

Tough on Tories, tough on the causes of Tories.

madhair60

JamesTC

JamesTC

The narrative appears to be forming that this is all the fault of people calling them Tory Scum.

Tory Scum.

Butchers Blind

pigamus

She's going to claim it back on expenses

M-CORP

Jesus Hector Christ, the amount of people making fun, and cheering this event on is disgusting and makes me sick.
So I'm off, and if you don't mind, I'll leave this thread this with you, I don't want to look at it for another moment.
Spoiler alert
If that was too obvious and insensitive I can only apologise. Still, we made it past the first hour.
[close]

In all seriousness, though I might disagree with Amess on certain things, I hope this is just an elaborate PR hoax for a new Brass Eye series and that the guy is doing OK. Partly because he has a family, partly because of the political implications, partly because you don't solve the problem of hate by piling on more hate...

...but mainly because I don't want to be the undignified one who says 'The Cake is dead,' in response to the news.

That would be taking the cake alright I'll stop now

Mr Trumpet

It would be a shame if we went the way of America, with politicians riding around in motorcades and never encountering the great unwashed except at photo ops. On the other hand the current setup doesn't seem particularly effective at fostering a sense of empathy in our leaders.

JaDanketies

Icehaven

Looks like he's died, unless there were other people stabbed, but there's no reports of that.

George White

RIP MP David Amess MP.

Fuck the custard gannet that killed him.

Alberon

He's dead. Truly awful and a genuine attack on what little democracy we have left.

Threats and violence against MPs seem to be increasing and there have been other incidents at Surgeries in recent years. This second death will probably be the end of the MPs Surgery as we know it.

pigamus

Has there been any statement from the Carphone Warehouse

Fambo Number Mive

A lot of people on Twitter complaining about "Tory Scum" trending, seemingly unaware that tweeting "Tory Scum" in your tweet helps it trend.

I thoroughly condemn this attack, but the way elements of the right are exploiting it as a chance to shut down criticism of the Tories is disgusting. These are the same people who accuse others of being the "language police" when it comes to bigoted language. We don't know why this person stabbed Amess but people are desperate to use it as a chance to attack Rayner and the left.

It's particularly scary that it happened at a MP's surgery, given this is a place where members of the public with issues should feel safe being able to see their MP.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Rainbow Moses

Sometimes there's no difference between this place and 4chan or kiwifarms.

Fambo Number Mive

Just had a look at him on Wikipedia and his page has already been updated to include his death.

Alberon

Tweet from ITV News' deputy political editor Anushka Asthana-

QuoteOne MP says they were sitting with colleagues recently and so many of them had examples of people actually in prison because of serious death threats against them - they says police tell them to not go public but describes it an "epidemic"

It seems that it was a question of when this would happen not if. Fucking awful.

Butchers Blind

imitationleather

Let's not be hasty. The man dead at the scene may have been a witness in the surgery who died of starvation because their benefits had been stopped.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 15, 2021, 02:30:20 PM
Jonathan Djanogly cancels all surgeries in Huntingdon for the foreseeable future.

Huntingdon is wall to wall cunts. A proper cuntsnest.

Icehaven

idunnosomename

at least he died doing what he loved

... being stabbed

madhair60

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on October 15, 2021, 03:10:29 PM
Sometimes there's no difference between this place and 4chan or kiwifarms.

Spot on mate. Cannot hit a nail on the head harder than that.