Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conservative MP Sir David Amess Stabbed

Started by Blumf, October 15, 2021, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Did some klaxon go off in concern troll HQ or something?

The man's record was appalling though. I'm not saying I'm happy he got killed (though some are, however jokingly) it's just plain dishonest to say 'Ah he was a fine man doing his very best for the British people' - seems like he was happy to fuck most of them over and make their lives worse whilst claiming all manner of expenses and living pretty well himself.

Again, that doesn't mean he deserves stabbing, particularly not when he's only doing his job and those awful policies have at least been democratically elected (or as democratically as we can in this country, where the options are usually a choice of several shades of conservatism with lashings of cruelty and spite baked into the very system itself).

Bernice

Don't know what to be more upset by: this ostensibly shocking and horrible murder, or the cookdandbombd forum. Either way, the terrorists have won. At the very least, they haven't lost.

pigamus

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 16, 2021, 12:42:13 AM
Did some klaxon go off in concern troll HQ or something?

"Feel like pure shit, just want to log in to Cook'd and Bomb'd for the first time in 11 years"

Unfundibulum

A thunderhead, a thor's hammer of a storm bruised and belching green fog. a small grey ship creeping over the infinite horizon sails dumb and blind til  it's sure and final doom. All hail

LIVE!

The Leaky Lake Ultima Thule , now twice as deep , now twice as deep

The World Of Weird, All Wet

Hand crafted .10/10 Styrofoam ingots , Raw_Man Hand crafted .10/10 Styrofoam ingots , Raw_Man

Rampart

The Rampart: A heavy, stark doorway into space, sitting at the edge of the Known World. A gaping maw of galactic void and cold space. Though a place of relatively short travel distance, the curiosity of the pursuer will be insurmountable.

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For .45

.50 ACP round extracted from a .223 ammo cartridge, lined up in the chamber, just like the real thing.

The reward will be a nugget of pure, gold-plated, "real ammo"

Boots of Good Fortune

Boots of Good Cheer

Give me a kiss

and i'll buy you a beer

Johnny Foreigner

For the sake of balance, here's a Somalian joke.

‟I tried Somalian food once. It was so good it made me heartily wish any of that stuff were available in Somalia."

fit bird

Quote from: Harry Badger on October 16, 2021, 12:41:54 AM
Now declared a terrorist incident.
I will admit I'm as partial to gallows humour as anyone, but knowing this really changes everything, it's horrible to think that his final moments were full of terror.

imitationleather

It's now getting a bit dull to have to scroll through non-entities who only ever turn up when they know something's happened on the news that will make posters on here say stuff they can be offended by.

imitationleather

Quote from: fit bird on October 16, 2021, 12:49:56 AM
I will admit I'm as partial to gallows humour as anyone, but knowing this really changes everything, it's horrible to think that his final moments were full of terror.

Yeah before this I thought it was just one of those jolly stabbings to death. Fuck. Makes you think.

Blumf

I told ya all, I told ya! Nothing good is coming of this.

Sebastian Cobb

Some mp getting lenged up by someone they don't know is always going to be a 'terror incident' isn't it?

Basically if it wasn't his immediate family/friends.

pigamus

Quote from: JamesTC on October 16, 2021, 12:12:07 AM
Out of respect to David Amess, BBC One now present a rerun of Miranda.

Brutal, senseless, haunted by incoherent screams and desperate cries for help... hey these Have I Got News For You jokes write themselves don't they

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on October 16, 2021, 12:50:28 AM
It's now getting a bit dull to have to scroll through non-entities who only ever turn up when they know something's happened on the news that will make posters on here say stuff they can be offended by.

Well the things people say on here are their sincere beliefs, so it would be quite right to be offended if someone said that they, for example, believed a Tory deserved killing.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 16, 2021, 01:11:59 AM
Well the things people say on here are their sincere beliefs, so it would be quite right to be offended if someone said that they, for example, believed a Tory deserved killing.

Imagine how fucking idiotic you would have to be to not understand irony at that basic a level.
Not sure anyone's going to be that interested in what they have to say if they can't understand what's going on.

Thursday

Extremely funny when people pop out of the woodwork (or even just people you've never seen post before) to complain that CaB made their monocle fall out and that they demand a replacement.

Cold Meat Platter

'I put my foot through my monitor and I'm sending BarryAdmin the bill!'

Garam

Sincerely hope that every prick on here celebrating a murder of an old man kills themselves. Unreal

imitationleather

Quote from: Garam on October 16, 2021, 02:16:22 AM
Sincerely hope that every prick on here celebrating a murder of an old man kills themselves. Unreal

Imagine if they did!

Ferris

Quote from: Unfundibulum on October 16, 2021, 12:48:53 AM
.50 ACP round extracted from a .223 ammo cartridge, lined up in the chamber, just like the real thing

Like my old gun safe had a stroke.

imitationleather

David Amess was elderly, and therefore his life should be commemorated by the mass suicide of posters on an old school internet message board.

chveik

Mister Six

Quote from: Garam on October 16, 2021, 02:16:22 AM

I only want one person dead. You want dozens. Who's the real monster, Stu? Ahhhh.

Sebastian Cobb

didn't even consider that some of the pricks on here might be old men themselves, smh

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on October 16, 2021, 02:22:51 AM
not any man, an old man has died

surely that's better, less life wasted and all that

imitationleather

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 16, 2021, 01:23:24 AM
Imagine how fucking idiotic you would have to be to not understand irony at that basic a level.
Not sure anyone's going to be that interested in what they have to say if they can't understand what's going on.

If only it were irony :(

Vitamin C

This is Essex's 9/11. With Amesss's a solitary twin tower. Expecting massive retaliation on a par with the Iraq war tbh.

evilcommiedictator

Sir David Ames MP died doing what he loved, laundering his bigoted, homophoboic views, his class hatred of the poor and his greedy accumulation of wealth as well as general violence and suffering to people he deemed to be the underclass through the lens of being a good Christian man.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 16, 2021, 03:11:13 AM
If only it were irony :(
Yes I too yearn for a day where that is possible sad face.