Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Like if u remember "amtiltandin"

Started by touchingcloth, October 15, 2021, 06:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Pink Gregory

Endicott

RIP Oscillations.

I'm so sorry. Jesus Christ what is that?

Shit Good Nose

Of course comments have been turned off.

Mister Six

Oh, what a lovely pick-me-up. Like the lovechild of Vic Reeves' pub singer and Sylvester the cat.

chveik

yeah there's already been a thread about this

here's the translation, courtesy of our own dear PlanktonSideburns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hie_0jxwHi8&ab_channel=jakrees747

FEELING LIKE LEMON KEN

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 15, 2021, 06:13:37 PM
Of course comments have been turned off.

I was just able to comment. Can anyone see it? Am I special?

non capisco

Same week as Puddle Of Mudd's "interesting" Nirvana cover. Say what you like about the terrifying early months of the pandemic, you have to admit the stars of the music world were falling over themselves to lift our spirits and give us all a laugh.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2021, 11:51:51 PM
Oh, what a lovely pick-me-up. Like the lovechild of Vic Reeves' pub singer and Sylvester the cat.

Vic Reeves pub singer but I'm putting my fingers in and out of my ears very quickly

JesusAndYourBush

I imagine Elton's been singing like that for years but usually he has a full band and backing singers to fill out the sound.  Hearing him like that out of context just shows that the Emperor is naked.

And from 2016 here's a Bee Gee out of context without any other Bee Gees singing the harmonies and totally vindicating the Chicken Factory guy.

Ferris

Quote from: chveik on October 15, 2021, 11:56:17 PM
here's the translation, courtesy of our own dear PlanktonSideburns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hie_0jxwHi8&ab_channel=jakrees747

Planko playing a blinder there, absolutely superb.

Quote from: non capisco on October 16, 2021, 01:12:49 AM
Same week as Puddle Of Mudd's "interesting" Nirvana cover. Say what you like about the terrifying early months of the pandemic, you have to admit the stars of the music world were falling over themselves to lift our spirits and give us all a laugh.

A noted classic, but a timeless one. Another absolute corker.

Catalogue of ills

canadagoose

It's one of my favourite things in the world. Just think, if it wasn't for Covid, we wouldn't have had that performance.

Sebastian Cobb

Inspector Norse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 16, 2021, 02:58:37 AM
Planko playing a blinder there, absolutely superb.

Yes, though points deducted for Youtube getting stuck afterwards and forcing me to watch a video about Brian May.

idunnosomename

It wouldn't be the same without the two basketballs

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 16, 2021, 03:16:22 PM
It wouldn't be the same without the two basketballs

It was beautiful of Sir Elton John to show us his hoop.

Kankurette

They should play this as Watford's intro music. The opposition would be too busy rolling around on the floor with laughter to play.
Quote from: non capisco on October 16, 2021, 01:12:49 AM
Fuck me, that guy must eat a diet like Jordan Peterson's, I've never heard anyone sound so constipated.

Sebastian Cobb

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's weird as well because Puddle Of Fudd were, at the time when they were briefly famous, seen as a bit of a Nirvana rip off band, with the lead singer trying to do a Kurt Cobain impression with his voice. 20 years later he's still shit at it.

I was quite impressed with this though:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=f7eaGcIyhPU

I have no idea who Post Malone is, I think he raps or something, but they did a rousing set there (except maybe too much echo on the vocals all the time).

Kankurette

Puddle of Mudd had some connection to Fred Durst, I forget what. Nuff said.

non capisco

Quote from: Kankurette on October 17, 2021, 01:20:29 AM
Puddle of Mudd had some connection to Fred Durst, I forget what. Nuff said.

I believe he "discovered" them, presumably in the same way I once discovered a dead stinking mouse that had impaled itself on a receipts spike in the stationary cupboard at work.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: non capisco on October 17, 2021, 08:35:45 AM
I believe he "discovered" them, presumably in the same way I once discovered a dead stinking mouse that had impaled itself on a receipts spike in the stationary cupboard at work.

Can we get a full accounting of your stationary cupboard incidents?