Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It Is Impossible For A Daughter To Be Taller Than Her Dad

Started by Dr Rock, October 15, 2021, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

(unless her mother was). True or false? I dunno, it's something I heard once.

buttgammon

I think my girlfriend is about the same height as her dad, but they both have chronic back issues which affect their posture so it's hard to say how tall they really are. I haven't seen them for years but I think my cousin is taller than her dad too; again, he has bad posture, so it's hard to say. Both are taller than their mothers, though.

eagle_bearer

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 15, 2021, 08:40:21 PM
(unless her mother was). True or false? I dunno, it's something I heard once.

Hi Dr Rock. I hope you're well. A woman can be taller than her father. It's unusual simply because men are usually taller than women.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I dunno. Growth isn't just genetics (which are more complicated than punnet squares would lead one to believe), it's impacted by nutrition and health and other stuff. And genes are weird. I've got family members who look exactly like their parents, and others who don't look anything like them... then a photograph of a grandparent/great-grandparent in their youth turned up and BAM it's Cousin So-and-So travelling through time.

Zetetic

Cold Meat Platter

petril

I'm easily an inch or so up on my dad, have been for years

JamesTC

Me, my sister and brother are all taller than our mother and father.

Dr Rock

Ferris

(Mother's height + father's height)/2, then +3" for boys, -2" for girls.

Tends to be very accurate. So yeah it can happen.

Mister Six

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 15, 2021, 08:53:20 PM
World's tallest woman with her parents:

Are we absolutely certain it's not that she's of average height and her parents are munchkins?

touchingcloth

My cousins-in-law are both taller than both their father and mother, so I reckon this is balls. Which is, as daughters, something they don't have.

AsparagusTrevor

My wife is taller than her dad, so chuck another bit of evidence on the 'is bollocks' pile.

touchingcloth

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 15, 2021, 10:41:24 PM
My wife is taller than her dad, so chuck another bit of evidence on the 'is bollocks' pile.

But how was the (unless her mother was) test?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 15, 2021, 10:45:31 PM
But how was the (unless her mother was) test?

Her mother's about 5ft, maybe less, I don't think my wife ever mentioned her grandad legally being a dwarf.

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

If the mum's a lion and the dad's a tiger then yeah, probably.

flotemysost

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2021, 09:25:14 PM
Are we absolutely certain it's not that she's of average height and her parents are munchkins?

Or the parents aren't standing really far away?

My parents are both diddly fuckers. My dad's probably about 5'5" so slightly taller than me[nb]Also taller than Ronnie Corbett, as he never tires of telling people in his anecdote about the time he took a piss next to RC[/nb] but there's not much in it.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 15, 2021, 09:22:42 PM
(Mother's height + father's height)/2, then +3" for boys, -2" for girls.

Tends to be very accurate. So yeah it can happen.

Bloody hell.  Had never met that formula before, but it works for me:
(5'8" + 6'0") / 2 + 3" = 6'1", which I am.

timebug

My Grandaughter is already the same height as her Dad, and as she is only sixteen, she may yet grow a bit more.

Dr Rock

Maybe I was thinking that it's impossible for a five-year-old daughter to be taller than her Dad...

Fr.Bigley

That kind of gigantism is usually caused by a tumor in the pituitary gland. They never actually stop growing. Grim life, fraught with I'll health and short life expectancy.

Video Game Fan 2000

Why are japanese cartoons so full of fetishes, it must be all the aitch bombs.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on October 17, 2021, 12:12:02 AM
Grim life, fraught with I'll health and short life expectancy.

But enough about being a CaB poster!!!!

Fr.Bigley